How unloyal are you?

Samir Nasri

May 19, 2009
Not sure if there is a thread of this topic, if so close it please.

So, I cannot stay at a club for more then 2 years, when I have done good I usually seek something else, a new challenge. I have now left Chelsea after two years, winning every throphy I could win. 3 years with Bayern, started my 4th year, which is too long for me, to be honest.

I left Bayern, and our favorite man Villa-boas gets in charge, which makes me want to return. :p

So, how long do you actually stay at a club. For me 2 years..

ICYUNVME

Dec 27, 2010
Can't manage any club for more than a season (usually until pre-season) unless it's Liverpool. And it's actually annoying.

apvmoreira

Jan 26, 2012
I like to stay only in one club: Benfica. Then i try to make it the next Barcelona, winning all and just with players from B team and juniors.

MUFCMike

Jan 3, 2012
I can't normally manage a club for much more than 2 seasons, i just get bored and want a new challenge.

Roverduck

Jun 25, 2011
I tend to start get bored about 2 seasons in but instead of going to a new club I add a new manager and pick a new club that way. but sometimes it gets out of hand, like now I have 5 teams in different leagues and country on the go!!!

Hernanes

Dec 12, 2010
I usually stay with one club (the one I chose at the beginning). As I've never been sacked yet, I didn't change the club in one save. However, I often get bored so I have a lot of saves which I use. For me there's no need to change the club, I just start a new save

MLC7

Sep 2, 2010
I usually stay with one club (the one I chose at the beginning). As I've never been sacked yet, I didn't change the club in one save. However, I often get bored so I have a lot of saves which I use. For me there's no need to change the club, I just start a new save
Same here

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Jun 30, 2009
www.fm-base.co.uk
I find it very difficult to leave a club once I've created a team.. Mostly because I know every other team has been completely ruined by the AI.

The only time I've left a club was after 2 season (& 2 MLS cups) at Chicago Fire I joined The Galaxy.. It was definitely worth betraying Chicago.

Rangers26

Dec 1, 2011
2-5 years usually, although I might just move team on my current save to someone **** and try to stay for atleast 10 years whilst I build them up.

PZW

Feb 26, 2012
strikingquartet.host22.com
I normally only stay for the short term, with a Mourinho-esque approach of short term success (although I like to breed good youngsters, too)! However, I might change that in the near future! If I get sacked (not very often) or I get bored of a save, I just start a new one rather than resign and apply for a new job.

​- PZW

endersgame

Dec 24, 2011
I always stick to one club, but before the game starts I go in with a plan in mind, e.g. first year I will get mid table, sort the backroom staff, slash the wage budget and get rid of dead wood. Second year I begin to build the team I will get promoted with and look for players I can develop and sell on for profit and so on. I usually restart a game when it becomes a bit silly or unrealistic, like Dundee winning the champions league 6 times in a row with half of Spain's world cup winning team of 2018 or something daft like that. I tried to make a few long games, but once players like messi, rooney etc. retire the game loses something. I mean whats the point of playing football manager if you can't instruct your minions to hack Ronaldo.

Samir Nasri

May 19, 2009
To make things worse for me after quiting Bayern, our good old friend Villa-Boas takes charge at Bayern, and me going back to the german league to destroy Bayern, due to him being manager.. I want to build Köln up this time, trying to stay loyal.

Djocker

Aug 2, 2011
I'm not very loyal. That's mainly because the game is too easy. Every single game I started with Arsenal(6) I either win 4 trophies if I make some big-ish transfers or I get the league+minimum a UCL semi-final. The worst save I've had with them was without any transfers and I managed to get 2nd place and in the UCL 1/4 finals. I tried to switch clubs in one of the saves, but Inter hired me and I won 9 trophies in 2 seasons. I really hope FM13 will be more of a challenge and will make me more loyal.

StuW

Why So Serious?
Apr 14, 2009
www.theawaystand.co.uk
Once I join a club, I usually stay there. Only once, when I started with Molde, I moved to Bologna to save them from relegation(successfully ;)), and turned them into Europa League winners within 2 seasons.

Samir Nasri

May 19, 2009
Once I join a club, I usually stay there. Only once, when I started with Molde, I moved to Bologna to save them from relegation(successfully ;)), and turned them into Europa League winners within 2 seasons.

How difficult is it really to build a team? I mean I never really tried it, maybe once with Cambuur, based on luck I went to win 2 Dutch Cups, and a highest 3rd place.

iNickStuff

Considering his options
Aug 27, 2009
I have never managed a club for more than six years, but that is because something always happens to the save. Overall I am quite loyal to a club until they sack me or when I have done everything I could possible to achieve success. I could stay at a club for twenty years and still go on so long as the save doesn't crash or something.

W4NKER

Oct 4, 2011
Lol A thread entitled 'how unloyal are you' started by Samir Nasri. Arsenal fans will see the irony

I've went 30+ seasons with Man Utd on previous version. Currently 2026 on FM12

gaverino00

Jan 10, 2009
Normally I try to move around, but I'm about to start my 4th season with Palermo having turned down Chelsea and Real Madrid in the summer (Real offered me a transfer budget of just under £250m). I'm enjoying building a team at Palermo...for now!

Samir Nasri

May 19, 2009
Lol A thread entitled 'how unloyal are you' started by Samir Nasri. Arsenal fans will see the irony

I've went 30+ seasons with Man Utd on previous version. Currently 2026 on FM12
Yeah, I see what you mean, though. Ever since he left Arsenal I have not really like Na$ri anymore, was looking to change my name on here, perhaps need to ask admin.

2026, god, I can't even get past 2020, I change new games too many times.

StuW

Why So Serious?
Apr 14, 2009
www.theawaystand.co.uk
How difficult is it really to build a team? I mean I never really tried it, maybe once with Cambuur, based on luck I went to win 2 Dutch Cups, and a highest 3rd place.
Depends what team you choose. Just a case of taking the foundations and buying and selling the players until you get the right team.