the longest save i ever had was 6 season and then it got boring because you can kick everyones ***...
i was LOSC Lille Metropole.
But i have started at tottenham save and im planning to be there for 10 seasons

my longest is 4 seasons with rangers , but ive started a man utd save and planning for it to be a long one

usually 30-40 years. Then again most of the time I have certain goals to achieve and it usually takes that long to get. Also use teams that are terrible to start out with (lowest division in top leagues San Marino, A.D. Alcorcon, Newport) or just start in a terrible League (Iceland, San Marino) so it takes at least 10 years to become good.

Goals usually are of course be the best team, but be a 5 star prestige team. Richest team and also try to have one billion in my balance as well. Become the Hall of Fame best coach. Take a league and make it the best in the world (never done but got close last year with Iceland, this year going to try with San Marino)

i'm currently half way through my fifth year at Pennarossa and only turned semi pro at the start of the year, next goal is full professional status. I can see this save lasting at least 20 years and depending on how it progresses might end up trying to get it to the top leage in the world before trying the practically impossible in getting all of the champions league semi finalists from the same nation.

I usually stay with one club (the one I chose at the beginning). As I've never been sacked yet, I didn't change the club in one save. However, I often get bored so I have a lot of saves which I use. For me there's no need to change the club, I just start a new save
Same for me, but I have attempted the Pentagon Challenge, still going won Asia and South America so far...

I never ever switch club :[
usually because i get a lot more successes in the 2nd season, and build an empire by the time. Don't wanna start over, and see my own club having a bunch of good youngsters competing against me

How difficult is it really to build a team? I mean I never really tried it, maybe once with Cambuur, based on luck I went to win 2 Dutch Cups, and a highest 3rd place.

Depends on the club. Top division clubs with a large fanbase and income stream are really easy. Building a team from the lower division can be tricky as you lose your best players until you have a fat bank balance. Then it's a matter of winning and keeping your best players happy. TBH I mostly enjoy the process of building a team from the lower divisions more than winning things with big clubs.

my everton games i always stay there as long as possible and as previously said try and bring through a lot of youngsters and win most things with as many of them as possible..currently in 4th season and got 5/6 that regularly play

for me it depends of the team i'm managing, i had 3 major saves on fm 12, 7 seasons with QPR, than 9 with Nottingham Forrest, than 6 with Bilbao and currently i am managing Osasuna i'm 3 seasons in and no plans of stopping or changing teams, so i can say im pretty loyal :)

I did 6 seasons with Sporting CP and then took a job offer from Manchester United. immediately regretted that decision! Currently in 2022 with Everton, but what I did, I fast forwarded the game to 2019 and then searched for a club in the Top division and Everton approached me. They were near the bottom with 15 games to go and I managed to finish 11th with them. Second season I finished 7th, but Notts forrest won the League Cup so I missed out on Europe. Now in this season (3rd) I've got off to a good start, 5th with a +16 GD. My team is now mainly players that I have bought except from the Striker who got the highest points last season through goals scored (30) and my CB, Danny Wilson. Just lost 3 in a row though, gonna get back on track tonight.

I'm in 2031 and have had 12 jobs, 10 clubs and 2 national teams.

A couple have been just for 6 months, most noteably Real Madrid, where after being given a £550m transfer budget... I had forgot about the foreign player rule, and ended up having 10 £40-50m signings not being able to play.

I normally have a variety of saves, a journeyman save where I tend to go from country to country managing teams in what ever league their in, and a couple of loyal saves with a top team and a few lower league sides. around 4 all in all :)

ive been at my current team - GIF Nike - for 3 seasons, into my 4th now, will leave in about 2 years

I'm on my third season with Wrexham; back-to-back promotions in the first 2, finally in League One and I'm doing awful - that makes me want to leave and test the water elsewhere.

I don't really like going too far into a save, when the regens takeover, it feels too unreal - and I like FM for the real aspect of the game.

Well I have 2 longish games which I've been loyal in.

1st one is my Cardiff save in the Gary Speed Challenge, I was at cardiff for 8 years, however after a trophy run which included 3 Premier League titles, 2 FA Cups and 2 consecutive Champions Leagues in 3 years I needed a new challenge and left.

My longest game on FM12 atm however is my San Marino Challenge save, I have been here for 12 seasons now and have no plans on relinquishing my club to someone else now.

On the whole however I do find it difficult to stay at 1 club, with Cardiff and San Marino there are long reaching goals in mind. With most other teams I quit after the League and Champions League double as I lose interest in my teams that just win everything. At that stage all Im doing is rotating the superstars in my team.

Last edited:
The very first save I do in FM every time I get it is Liverpool one for about 15 years, when I get bored of winning everything. Then I create a club via editor and place it in the BSN and try to build it up.

I just start new game after achieving lasting success in my current club. Winning Champions League + winning my respective national league two years in a row usuallly does it for me, after that the game no longer feels realistic. Sometimes it takes 2 seasons, sometimes it teakes 20 seasons, but i always get to that point and then i start over.

Even as I started my journeyman save, I'm still so attached to my first club , PSG :) But I'm looking forward to the end of the season, where I might leave to Bayern Munich or manage international teams after bring back the glorious days to the capital for the past 4 years.

Started my save with Liverpool, had three great seasons, 3 PL titles, 2 FA Cups, 1 League Cup and lost the final of the CL of my last season. Got offered the Barca job (Guardiola took the Spain job) which I accepted. Recognise its easy to play the game with Barca, but just wanted to experience managing that set of players. May move back the Premier League in a couple seasons time if the right job comes along.

Just a question for those who moved from a club to another. Let's say I'm Arsenal. I win 2 BPL titles, 1 UCL, 2 Carling Cups and 3 FA Cups in 3 years. I get an offer from, let's say, Inter. Can I come back to Arsenal or will I become a club enemy if I quit?