Howard Webb

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone slates referees (including me) but none of us have the balls to do it ourselves.

everyone slates referees (including me) but none of us have the balls to do it ourselves.

It's not about balls, I'd do it if I were asked and paid. But who is going to come along and offer a 17 year old college student (Who isn't doing subjects even slightly related to sport) the opportunity to referee a Premiership game.

You are talking from your ****.

This is a **** thread.:S All referees make mistakes, from the sounds of it howard webb had a bad game doesn't make him a bad ref.:$

Pierluigi Collina. Best Referee of all time imo. His stare used to s**t me up as a kid

Uriah Rennie is the worst excuse for a referee EVER. End of

It's not about balls, I'd do it if I were asked and paid. But who is going to come along and offer a 17 year old college student (Who isn't doing subjects even slightly related to sport) the opportunity to referee a Premiership game.

You are talking from your ****.

Maybe thats because they know you wouldn't do a better job than the current ref's we have at the moment?

Because, like most things in life, it's alot harder than it looks.

webb lives round corner from me he gets eggs chucked on him all tim, not from be a ref cos of beening a copper

well thats just pathetic and immature! ^^

Ref's can only do what they do! They have taken refereeing as far as it can go with the current regulations without technology!

now it is time for change! as so many stupid decisions seem to be going a miss every single week!

Rugby is getting on fine with it, cricket has excelled with it, football needs to follow, maybe in smaller steps. but at least something put in place!

lets be honest here i would go as far as to saying i belive their isent any good refs in england they are all factory made and told how to work not left to their own. ex players should be refs simple as that they know the game, can handle the pressure of big games and the expectation.

Last edited:
After the Dutch have slated him now for lasts nights match. Has anyone elses opinion changed of Webb.

He was really harsh in the World Cup finals not letting the game flow,giving fouls every minute and handing out yellow cards like flyers......

lets be honest here i would go as far as to saying i belive their isent any good refs in england they are all factory made and told how to work not left to their own. ex players should be refs simple as that they know the game, can handle the pressure of big games and the expectation.

this was my opinion back then and it still stays. everyone seemed to happy for webb ok he might be the best ref in england but his the best ov a very bad bunch. get shearer, mendieta, davids etc to ref games.

did not enjoy hishandling of the game last night, very **** and very quick to blow his little whistle, did not make for an exciting spectacle at all! :P

well thats just pathetic and immature! ^^

Ref's can only do what they do! They have taken refereeing as far as it can go with the current regulations without technology!

now it is time for change! as so many stupid decisions seem to be going a miss every single week!

Rugby is getting on fine with it, cricket has excelled with it, football needs to follow, maybe in smaller steps. but at least something put in place!

I relate to that,atleast 75 pecent of wrong decisions happen because we dont use technology,its not fair to blame refs all the time as they are human like us too,cricket and rugby have it so y cant we,its a shame how many times this is happening because of the whims of one man

He was really harsh in the World Cup finals not letting the game flow,giving fouls every minute and handing out yellow cards like flyers......

My opinion of Webb was he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't last night.

Most of those yellows were deserved early on an he should of used the red but he wanted it to keep the game fair which was getting harder for him to do as the Dutch were losing all self respect and discipline. As the game went on I was beginning to think he was losing control over it and then some bad decisions crept in on his part.

Spurs have been on the recieving end of Webb on a few occasions and normally I keep my opinions about refs to myself as I think most decisions even themselves out over a season but he had a very poor season last season domestically. He even admitted to that himself. So how does someone who has a poor season then get to ref the top game in the world unless the other refs are far worse than Webb.

My opinion of Webb was he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't last night.

Most of those yellows were deserved early on an he should of used the red but he wanted it to keep the game fair which was getting harder for him to do as the Dutch were losing all self respect and discipline. As the game went on I was beginning to think he was losing control over it and then some bad decisions crept in on his part.

Spurs have been on the recieving end of Webb on a few occasions and normally I keep my opinions about refs to myself as I think most decisions even themselves out over a season but he had a very poor season last season domestically. He even admitted to that himself. So how does someone who has a poor season then get to ref the top game in the world unless the other refs are far worse than Webb.

Its comes back all to one problem does it not----------Lack of Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back