Howard Webb

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes we wonder if Collina was still around and he had managed the game last what the outcome would of been if he had sent players off that deserved to go. I bet the media would of praised him more than Webb as everyone seemed to have more respect for Collina than they do of Webb.

It makes we wonder if Collina was still around and he had managed the game last what the outcome would of been if he had sent players off that deserved to go. I bet the media would of praised him more than Webb as everyone seemed to have more respect for Collina than they do of Webb.
agreed, people blame webb, but name a ref who could have done better job, apart from the bald headed legend that was collina

I felt a bit sorry for Webb. Whatever decisions he made in the game, he was going to be slated for them afterwards.

To be fair when any ref has to make that many decisions in a game of that importance he will always get 1 or 2 wrong because despite the obvious advantages fifa think we dont need video replay. As for the De Jong tackle i think Howard got that wrong it was shocking.

Pretty much this. Webb has been the best ref in the tournament and thus was rewarded with the final. The way the Dutch play played was horrendous, they just tried to hack their way to the tournament.

Webb could have easily sent off De Jong and Van Bommel in the first half but he decided to be quite lenient and not ruin the final. Webb handled the game well and it is a disgrace how the way the Dutch surrounded him at the end after what they did the whole game.

agreed, people blame webb, but name a ref who could have done better job, apart from the bald headed legend that was collina

Spot on. Webb was the best ref in the world cup and i cant name any ref who is better than him tbh. Span tried too many mind games even before the final started, but Webb did pretty good jod and also taking into consideration how both Dutch and Spanish try to con the ref at any chance they get.

i don't understand how people can blame the referee?

most of the critics probably had to watch the replay's to see what the correct decision was, Haward Webb had to make the decision there and then. I thought he done a good job

Webb wasn't awful. But he wasn't good either. The game couldn't flow because of the Netherlands tactics (Which I think were fine, personally), not because of the officials.

i think he is the best Reff in England Maybe a little biased towards him as he from same area as me lol however i cant think any better reffs we have .......

some say Andre Marriner my opinion is weve had him at hillsborough a few times and he is shocking !

I think the ref got a lot wrong but also made some good decisions also, so 50/50 really tbh we could have been watching 8v8 the amount of reds that could have been shown for high challanges ect, van bommel,de jong,hieghtina(spelling)+ inesta,puyol,alonso should all have gone but then that would have spolit the game really so i can`t complan to much , not seen a replay but i think the goal should never of happened due to the foul earlier but all in all sad for holland but happy for cescs boys!

I think the ref got a lot wrong but also made some good decisions also, so 50/50 really tbh we could have been watching 8v8 the amount of reds that could have been shown for high challanges ect, van bommel,de jong,hieghtina(spelling)+ inesta,puyol,alonso should all have gone but then that would have spolit the game really so i can`t complan to much , not seen a replay but i think the goal should never of happened due to the foul earlier but all in all sad for holland but happy for cescs boys!
to be honest it shouldnt have made the difference, the dutch had more than enough men back to deal with the goal, but they didnt.

People need to stop slating him, I think he did a good job.

Both teams were ****** and made it hard for him. Netherlands with their hard tackles and Spain with their diving and card waving gestures. Pfft, what a joke.

I thought Webb had a good game and I think it's commendable that he didn't ruin the biggest game in football by handing out red cards 30 minutes into the game even though you could argue they were deserved (however I think Robben should have got a second yellow when he scored well after the whistle had gone). The dutch ruined that game in my opinion and I don't think we saw the best of the Spanish purely because every team they played just stacked men behind the ball.

Also the Spanish thing about waving imaginary cards doesn't really annoy me at all, if a team were steaming in like the Dutch were with the obvious intention of breaking up the Spanish passing with fouls and injuries I would do the exact same thing.

They were definitely sending offs, but well played to Webb - he didn't send them off to ruin the World Cup.

Holland can't complain about Webb, two of their players should've been sent off but he didn't send them off - he didn't want to ruin the Final. Fair play to the guy.

Everyone at school here is angry at the referee, lol. They don't realise that the way the Dutch played was really horrible. That karate kick from Nigel de Jong should have been a red card. And some more players should have been sent off. I think Howard Webb did an outstanding job to not ruin the final.

There will always be that one person who's not happy with the referee. I thought Webb handled the game well and he was actually lenient on the Netherlands players

everyone slates referees (including me) but none of us have the balls to do it ourselves.

i'm a referee :/ obviously not quite to premier league standard though, under 16's is the way forward! :) working my way up though ;)

How bitter, Webb is our best ref simple as that and its the only thing me and Fifa agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back