Howard Webb

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused by the red card, if you go in two footed but only attack the ball should it really be a sending off? As for the penalty, there was zero contact, no idea why the pundits are saying there was "minimal" contact when there was clearly none but whatever.

Anyone defending Howard Webb, how can you? He overruled his assistants decision (not to award a penatly) from a position that was not only obstructed by 4 or 5 players but was around 30 yards away.

Well thats pretty much a given anyway. Refs are human and will miss things and make mistakes. Its unfortunate but its always been that way.

Yes humans will no doubt miss some things, but they should no way be missing them so consistently, even referees in non league football can make these calls, there is no defence.

howard_webb.jpg

So, it's not fact then? If situations were reversed, Carrick would have been off, and there'd be no complaints.

Also if it was at Anfield would he have given the decisions?

Yes humans will no doubt miss some things, but they should no way be missing them so consistently, even referees in non league football can make these calls, there is no defence.

But the refs in non league football are refereeing in non league football for a reason...

hi i'm a liverpool fan, if our team is playing ****, it's always someone elses fault.

I agree with the Red Card but the decision to award a penalty was absolute rubbish, he actually overruled his assistants decision too, wat a *****

I agree with the Red Card but the decision to award a penalty was absolute rubbish, he actually overruled his assistants decision too, wat a *****

he is the referee,, he has the final say.

the Assistants are there to help him, but his say is final, he can disagree with the linesman whereever he feels he was wrong.

he didn't flag for a dive either though did he? so he didn't know what to do, leaving it up to Webb

Not a penalty but I'm undecided about the red. The rules say if you are off the ground and lunge in then you should be sent off but there have been tackles like that or worse that have not seen red.

web is a disaster for the modern football, I'm Dutch and ofcourse Holland was playing way to hard in the final. Befor the final they were playing amzing football just like spain so this kinda ruins it all, but still, web needs glasses if he cant see that deflection

web is a disaster for the modern football, I'm Dutch and ofcourse Holland was playing way to hard in the final. Befor the final they were playing amzing football just like spain so this kinda ruins it all, but still, web needs glasses if he cant see that deflection

t i think de jong should of gone in the final tbh.

In hindsight it wasn't a penalty. But when shown only once, at full speed, I would have given it. People expect far too much from referees when it's a very difficult job and everyone makes mistakes. Often we still can't agree about decisions 2 days after a game after watching countless replays, so to expect referees to be right every time is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back