I, Manager : A Barcelona and Bosnia & Herzegovina story!"

jetika

Reaction score
Gaudí takes Barcelona hot seat
View attachment 48331View attachment 48330
The Barcelona board have today confirmed the appointment of Antoni Gaudí as the new boss at Camp Nou.
"Antoni Plàcid Guillem Gaudí i Cornet", famous for his works such as the Casa de los Botines, the La Pedrera, the Sagrada Família and many others has decided to step into the footballing world and fulfill his newest dream to create beautiful art on the football pitch as well.
Gaudí has a vast reputation in the art world and will try to get to a similar stature in football as well. It is hoped that his appointment will take Barcelona onto bigger and better things.

F.C. Barcelona: A Background
Founded in 1899, F.C. Barcelona are a professional Spanish club currently playing in the Liga BBVA. The club play their home games at Camp Nou and possess state of the art training and youth facilities. The club is affectionately known as Los Culés and retains a fierce rivalry with R.C.D. Espanyol de Barcelona S.A.D. and Real Madrid C.F..

Having enjoyed their greatest spell of success during the 1990s, Los Culés are undoubtedly one of the most successful clubs in Spain. Boasting a proud total of sixty-three competition wins, here are just some of their highlights: Barcelona won the UEFA Champions League in 1992, 2006 and 2009 and finished runners-up on three occasions, won the Spanish top division nineteen times and finished runners-up on twenty-two occasions, won the Cup Winners Cup in 1979, 1982, 1989 and 1997 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the Europa League in 1958, 1960 and 1966 and finished runners-up once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As i had to close my other stories due to some stupid and inexperienced editing while creating my player on my part, I decided to start over. So this time I have just set my player's CA at 95 and pa at 200 and left everything else blank. He's 17 so i think 95 is decent. I checked and players like Sanogo who are the same age or younger have around this ca.
My aim will be to try and win as many trophies as i can and try and make a superstar out of my player and in the extra long run try and win ore champions league's and La Liga's than Real Madrid as they currently hold both the records.Editing will be like a normal story and i will only post about my player if he plays against or for my first team(Which in my opinion will be a rare occasion for the first few seasons or so).

Currently Managing: F.C. Barcelona and Bosnia & Herzegovina

Last edited:
I'm going to be following this as many people say it's easy with big teams. I hope you do well with this team and try to make a challenge for yourself example: sell Xavi ( or any other player. ) and try to bring a younger player in to fit his slot.

I'm going to be following this as many people say it's easy with big teams. I hope you do well with this team and try to make a challenge for yourself example: sell Xavi ( or any other player. ) and try to bring a younger player in to fit his slot.

Thanks mate:). I was actually thinking of selling Xavi and Henry as i don't normally keep players beyond 28 or 29 years of age. But as its my first time playing in La liga in fm10:( i think ill go a season with the current players and then start restructuring the team. I plan to try and make my own tatics and so on so that should make this a little more challenging as i have never managed to make very good tactics.

Thanks mate:). I was actually thinking of selling Xavi and Henry as i don't normally keep players beyond 28 or 29 years of age. But as its my first time playing in La liga in fm10:( i think ill go a season with the current players and then start restructuring the team. I plan to try and make my own tatics and so on so that should make this a little more challenging as i have never managed to make very good tactics.

With Barcelona a tactic I recommend would be a 4-3-3 with Messi and Henry out on the wings playing as Inside Forwards. :)

First Press Conference

Gaudí to prefer attack to defence
Antoni Gaudí appeared in an equivocal mood as he met journalists for his first press conference as the new manager of F.C. Barcelona.
A journalist from AS chose the main focus point for the conference, asking, "What is your overall approach to the tactical side of the game?"
Gaudí's response was, "We will always look to play successful, attractive football."
It is thought that the Barcelona squad should react well to Gaudí's handling of the question.

Senior Line up:
View attachment 48334
Youth Line up:​

Assessment: A very strong line with a beautiful blend of youth and experience. The few areas where I will look to invest in this season will be a good left winger and a young left back.
Potential targets:
Gareth Bale
Christian Ansaldi
Arda Turan
Luca Modric

Ansaldi will be my first choice as he can play RB also. In terms of a winger i might have to wait till i can generate enough cash to buy Modric though Turan might be buyable.

With Barcelona a tactic I recommend would be a 4-3-3 with Messi and Henry out on the wings playing as Inside Forwards. :)

Ya i am currently weighing up a 4-3-3 against the 4-5-1 as seen in the squad line up screenies:D. Will try out both during pre-season and maybe the first few games of the season and then decide.Currently trying to figure out which roles to play all the players as have never had any of them in my squad except Pique and Messi.

F.C. Barcelona 4 - 0 F.C. Barcelona Atlètic (Friendly)
View attachment 48340
In a stunning performance, F.C. Barcelona demolished F.C. Barcelona Atlètic 4 - 0 in the Friendly match at Camp Nou.
Cultured striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic got Barcelona off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot on 3 minutes. Tenacious defensive midfielder Yaya Touré doubled Barcelona's lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area on 12 minutes. Messi had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Blasco conceded a penalty.
Tireless midfielder Xavi completed the rout with a powerful effort on 46 minutes.

Patarca's report on Rubin's Ansaldi
Volfango Patarca has managed to compile a report card for Cristian Ansaldi as per your instructions.

Volfango Patarca reckons that Daniel Alves is the strongest right-back in the squad but Ansaldi isn't far from that standard.
Volfango reckons that Ansaldi would be a decent signing for most La Liga sides.
Volfango Patarca is of the opinion that Ansaldi isn't far from having the required potential to be better than Daniel Alves.
Volfango believes that Ansaldi's potential could lead to him becoming a good La Liga right-back in the future.
Patarca believes that Ansaldi would be a fairly good signing.

Gaudí wants Ansaldi
F.C. Barcelona boss Antoni Gaudí spoke to the gathering journalists about his desire to capture the signature of Rubin Kazan's Cristian Ansaldi.
Gaudí indicated that Ansaldi would provide a huge boost to the club and that he will be doing his utmost to persuade the player that his future lies at Barcelona.
Ansaldi has been attracting huge interest in recent weeks but with offers accepted from Barcelona, A.C. Milan and FC Bayern, they face fierce competition for his signature.

Last edited:
what sre u hopin to acheive its not exactly a challenge is it ???

First Signing

Barcelona to sign Verratti
The transfer of Marco Verratti to Barcelona from Pescara for an initial fee of £450,000 has been agreed.
The transfer will go through on Thursday 1st July 2010.
Pescara's Marco Verratti is delighted to have successfully negotiated terms with Barcelona.
Verratti revealed that he was very keen to rise to the challenge of moving to such an illustrious club.
An impulsive signing. I read in the news update that Chievo had a co-ownership bid accepted so i made an enquiry just for the sake of it. As they wanted only 450k i decided to buy him. I decided to leave him at his current club for a season as he would get very few playing opportunities with us this season. Even if he doesn't turn out all that good i will still make some money by selling him later on.

just asking wht his expectations are as they are the best team in the world after all .....

what sre u hopin to acheive its not exactly a challenge is it ???

I plan to rebuild the squad over a couple of seasons and try and win as many trophies as i can. Just because im playing with barca doesn't mean its not a challenge. I plan to make my own tactics and training routines for the team. As i have never made a good tactic that will also be a challenge for me. Also I will sell all the old players such as Xavi and henry by the second season to build a younger squad. Also if you read the OP you will see that this is aslo a player story, i.e i have created a young player and put him in the game and will also track his progress. If thats not enough then i just wanna have fun playing the game and share it here.:p

Il follow mate, good story so far :)
Keep it up

Thanks mate.:D.

Next update coming in a little while

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Ricart files Barcelona injury update
Emili Ricart has reported that there are still a few injury problems persisting within the F.C. Barcelona squad.

Rafael Márquez (damaged knee cartilage) is still a couple of weeks away from returning to full training and the Friendly match against Recreativo on Tuesday 28th July could be considered a realistic target for a possible return.

Andrés Iniesta (damaged knee cartilage) and Gabriel Milito (damaged cruciate ligaments) are on the long-term injury list and it will still be a while before we can think about setting a realistic return date for them.

Barcelona sign Ansaldi
Antoni Gaudí appeared in an equivocal mood as he met journalists to announce the signing of full-back Cristian Ansaldi.

A journalist from World Soccer Magazine chose the main focus point for the conference, asking, "You caught many people off-guard with the surprise nature of this signing. Was it hard to keep the deal under wraps?"
Gaudí's response was, "At times it was a struggle to keep other teams from becoming interested."
As yet there is no indication as to how Cristian Ansaldi will react to Gaudí's words.

Meanwhile new Barcelona signing Cristian Ansaldi has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new team-mates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Carles Puyol. The 22-year-old right-back told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Puyol and hoped he could learn a lot from his idol.

good start mate im following
good mate
following...

thanks guys. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal glut for Barcelona in Friendly demolition
F.C. Barcelona 4 - 0 Manchester City (Friendly)
View attachment 48353
F.C. Barcelona turned their possession into goals with a 4 - 0 win over Manchester City.
Tireless midfielder Xavi gave Barcelona the lead with a long range freekick in the 20th minute. Cultured striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubled Barcelona's lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area on 44 minutes.
Busquets scored with a powerful effort from the edge of the area in the 68th minute to extend the lead further. Wonderkid Bojan completed the rout with a placed shot on 89 minutes.
A good win but most of the city players were tired as this was their second game in 3 days and only the second friendly of their pre-season preparations. So dont know how much i should take away from this.

Barcelona bid for Jovetic
Scouting report:

Volfango Patarca believes Lionel Messi is the strongest left winger in the squad but Jovetic is some way off that standard.
Volfango believes Jovetic would be a good signing for most La Liga sides.
Volfango is of the opinion that Jovetic is a lot better than our best young left winger Pedro.

Volfango Patarca is of the opinion that Jovetic isn't far from having the required potential to be better than Lionel Messi.
Volfango thinks that Jovetic's potential could lead to him becoming a leading La Liga left winger in the future.

Patarca believes that Jovetic would be a good signing.

Am going for him as he was available for around 15mil as compared to above 30 for both Mata and Modric.

Even though alot of people see it not as a challenge, I disagree. When managing barce they expect you to pretty much win everything, which I feel is harder then attempting to gain promotion in the Championship.

Good luck mate :)

Even though alot of people see it not as a challenge, I disagree. When managing barce they expect you to pretty much win everything, which I feel is harder then attempting to gain promotion in the Championship.

Good luck mate :)

Thanks alot dude:D.
it sure is going to be hard to one up the previous season. 6 trophies, im not even sure if i can win one with Madrid there.:p