I wear my shirt with pride!

it's a pile of BS made up by the Sun, because they know idiots will lap it up. don't believe the hype, peeps.

From what Ive heard on the internet and at college is that we cant wear our england shirts during the world cup cos it offends certain people.

This comes as bad news as I got four new world cup shirts yesterday, ones the england one.
exactly from you've heard ON THE INTERNET and AT COLLEGE. hardly going to be the most credible of sources its just BS hysteria from people jumping to conclusiosn. at th end of the day, go out wear your shirt with pride, and if you're well behaved while out getting battered, no one will care, cos at the end of the day, most of this country will be going mad for the would cup. i know my whole family will (except my mum, cos shes supprting ghana)

Iv was at Halfords today and brought a giant flag and a garden chair thingy. VERY cool for BBQ england games (H)

Ye its like one of them fishing chairs with the design of a St Georges flag on, only 7 quid too.

and the giant flag is self explanatory :p

i was gonna go the whole way and buy the entire shop, was tempting but i restricted myself lol.

Ye its like one of them fishing chairs with the design of a St Georges flag on, only 7 quid too.

and the giant flag is self explanatory :p

i was gonna go the whole way and buy the entire shop, was tempting but i restricted myself lol.
ive not boutght too much, but thats cos i'll be in the pub most of the time

ive not boutght too much, but thats cos i'll be in the pub most of the time

Usually i would be, but i have a rather large family who have decided this year to add overcooked meet and beer from tins with their England games this year.

should be fun :)

exactly from you've heard ON THE INTERNET and AT COLLEGE. hardly going to be the most credible of sources its just BS hysteria from people jumping to conclusiosn. at th end of the day, go out wear your shirt with pride, and if you're well behaved while out getting battered, no one will care, cos at the end of the day, most of this country will be going mad for the would cup. i know my whole family will (except my mum, cos shes supprting ghana)

I DIDNT say any of it WAS TRUE BLA BLA BLA I TYPE IN CAPS.

Jeez calm down. Banned or not banned, I'll be wearing my England Shirt. 'nuff said.

I'm always wearing the Chilean shirt, and where I live (Miami), I have a neighbor who's Peruvian xD, and every time I see him, I kiss the flag xD!! And he get's mad xDDDD

I DIDNT say any of it WAS TRUE BLA BLA BLA I TYPE IN CAPS.

Jeez calm down. Banned or not banned, I'll be wearing my England Shirt. 'nuff said.
you said it was bad news and you had bought a new shirt, otherwise why would you bring it up? not sure why i need to calm down, wasnt worked up. so chill out. there is no ban, so enough of the chest thumping. end of

All i am going to say if anyone of any religion, nationality or species, gets offended by me wearing my england shirt they can **** off, really this isnt going to happen, becuase there would be too many ***** like me, wearing them anyway, they couldnt police it all, or stop the hate riots which would happen.

it is clear this is face book/ interent ****

you said it was bad news and you had bought a new shirt, otherwise why would you bring it up? not sure why i need to calm down, wasnt worked up. so chill out. there is no ban, so enough of the chest thumping. end of

I wasn't chest pumping, I was stomping my feet hard on the ground because I is angry man.

Seriously?

"you said it was bad news and you had bought a new shirt, otherwise why would you bring it up? "

I'm sorry, is this not an internet forum? I said I bought a new shirt because I wanted to, and it was linked to this topic. end of lad.

if anyone of any religion, nationality or species, gets offended by me wearing my england shirt they can **** off,

I basically said this on the last page and got slated for it.

---

EDIT

This is the group I'm in on facebook, got a few laughs out of it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gonna...ive-in-England-Im-not-allowed/118046498231962

Last edited:
The whole thing is an absolute non-story.

A local Police Authority (Croydon) sent out some recommendations to publicans of how to prevent trouble seen in previous years following international tournaments - including having door staff on duty, only using plastic cups, and barring football shirts. That's just it: suggestions, and not even a specific mention of England shirts, just football shirts. Between the Sun, it's mouth breathing readership and well reasoned and thoroughly researched internet posts it turns into "immigrants/the PC brigade/whoever try to ban England shirts".

****, it's not even bad advice. If I was watching a match at a pub in Durham, England were going out, everyone had been drinking and the mood was getting ugly, I wouldn't want to be sat between a big crowd of Toon supporters and big crowd of Mackem supporters.

In short it has nothing to do with lefties, Muslims, immigrants, homosexuals or whoever else you want to blame. The only people to blame are the minority of football supporters who can't handle their drink and can't enjoy a match without trying to glass some poor sod.

I went to the shop earlier, and a community support officer asked me to take my flags down. Whats that about? :/

If I get invited to another facebook group that says 'If I can't wear my England shirt, take your ******* turban off!' or 'If I can't wear my England shirt, get a legal ******* visa!' then I personally stab every member while wearing a turban. Why is England's population so stupid?

I went to the shop earlier, and a community support officer asked me to take my flags down. Whats that about? :/

Ask them to tell you the act of parliament that specificially outlines the ban. They'll get tongue tied and you can then ask them why they arent a real Police Officer. Then keep your flags up obviously. :)

Truly? I don't care. Its just a shirt. If you really care about England winning, you would realise that a shirt is just that: a shirt. It doesn't affect the quality of your team's play, it doesn't actually do anything apart from say to the world "look at me, I wasted my money on a replica shirt that will go out of date in a few months". The fact that you bought a replica shirt doesn't mark you out as an England supporter: rather, it marks you out as a bit dim, in my opinion.

Truly? I don't care. Its just a shirt. If you really care about England winning, you would realise that a shirt is just that: a shirt. It doesn't affect the quality of your team's play, it doesn't actually do anything apart from say to the world "look at me, I wasted my money on a replica shirt that will go out of date in a few months". The fact that you bought a replica shirt doesn't mark you out as an England supporter: rather, it marks you out as a bit dim, in my opinion.

Wait you are really a football fan?... I find that difficult to believe that if you can't even grasp the concept of why fans wear replica tops. As for making somebody dim for wearing one? How? I mean you are judging someone as dim for wearing a football shirt? By that statement then anybody is dumb for wearing anything? Maybe it is you who is 'dim'?

So your dim for buying one yourself?!

Ask them to tell you the act of parliament that specificially outlines the ban. They'll get tongue tied and you can then ask them why they arent a real Police Officer. Then keep your flags up obviously. :)

I just said why he replied 'We've been told to tell people to take them down', I replied thats stupid and walked away, he didn't pursue, so tbh I dont think he was that bothered.