ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

test games are matches in the long form played by full members.
atm ireland are only an associate member so like half member of the ICC (like being a half member of fifa).

Not on one game,they have beaten pakistan and bangladesh in the last world cup and played well against bangladesh this time too and the thing is you have to give them chance to progress in cricket or cricket will always be a 10 team sport. Bangladesh struggled at the start but now they are an average team now and i think lot of irish players play county cricket so they have decent cricketers.

Bangladesh have only ever won three matches in their test history. The reason we don't have everyone as test playing nation is because of the massive difference in quality, and I can't see Ireland being any better than Bangladesh tbh.

What a match. 2 matches at Bangalore, both are absolutely fantastic. That knock was one of the best in the ODI history. Just took the breath away. Broad has to improve a lot to bowl in these conditions. Irish always put up a decent fight, excellent to watch. Hope they get to play more matches even after the world cup.

Bangladesh have only ever won three matches in their test history. The reason we don't have everyone as test playing nation is because of the massive difference in quality, and I can't see Ireland being any better than Bangladesh tbh.

Again how do we improve if we cannot pay our players full time salaries like the ECB.
Eoin Morgan was taken, Dockrell looks like he will be taken and if England want any others they will get them. Our standard cant improve much further without becoming a full member

Again how do we improve if we cannot pay our players full time salaries like the ECB.
Eoin Morgan was taken, Dockrell looks like he will be taken and if England want any others they will get them. Our standard cant improve much further without becoming a full member

That's true, Ireland need to become a test team if they're to improve, I just think they need to do a bit more than win a few ODIs against good teams.

That's true, Ireland need to become a test team if they're to improve, I just think they need to do a bit more than win a few ODIs against good teams.

Im just wondering what else we can do? Win the world cup seems the only option to become a full member (especially as we are constructing a proper stadium)

why do india have 2 host it, they have just had the commonwealth games and the seats are cheap garden chairs which is poor. Even though we lost 2 day still reckon we have a gd chance at winnin

why do india have 2 host it, they have just had the commonwealth games and the seats are cheap garden chairs which is poor. Even though we lost 2 day still reckon we have a gd chance at winnin

Its not only India hosting. Sub continental teams are hosting. Now ICC have opted for rotational basis. England did it in 1999, SA in 2003, W Indies in 2007, Asia in 2011, next is Australia and England.

Its a good way to give chances to every team and we have very very good stadiums which have full capacity seats than just leaving a lawn and making everyone to sit/sleep/romance there.

And CW games has nothing to do with cricket WC. Both are not at all related.

Its not only India hosting. Sub continental teams are hosting. Now ICC have opted for rotational basis. England did it in 1999, SA in 2003, W Indies in 2007, Asia in 2011, next is Australia and England.

Its a good way to give chances to every team and we have very very good stadiums which have full capacity seats than just leaving a lawn and making everyone to sit/sleep/romance there.

And CW games has nothing to do with cricket WC. Both are not at all related.
half of the stadiums r usually empty cus only few thousand tickets r put on sale, i just think thats poor

half of the stadiums r usually empty cus only few thousand tickets r put on sale, i just think thats poor

No. No one gives a thought about attending England Vs Ireland on weekday at a place where majority are working men/women. For big games tickets are sold out easily and Indian stadiums are usually 25,000 plus capacity stadiums unline 10,000 in other countries. So you can see empty seats.

And also ticket dispute happened only for India England match as the tickets were sold out for Eden Gardens venue. Then later 20 days before it got rescheduled to Bangalore. So there was a big confusion on ticket sales.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

And also major cricketing nations wont attend minnows games. That too on weekdays there is no way its gonna possible.

You dont get more cricket fans than here.

No. No one gives a thought about attending England Vs Ireland on weekday at a place where majority are working men/women. For big games tickets are sold out easily and Indian stadiums are usually 25,000 plus capacity stadiums unline 10,000 in other countries. So you can see empty seats.

And also ticket dispute happened only for India England match as the tickets were sold out for Eden Gardens venue. Then later 20 days before it got rescheduled to Bangalore. So there was a big confusion on ticket sales.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

And also major cricketing nations wont attend minnows games. That too on weekdays there is no way its gonna possible.

You dont get more cricket fans than here.
England is probably the biggest cricket nation in the world, not india

Wow! India has massive amounts of support, no matter who they play! England can only get comparable attendances during the ashes!

Debatable, and can debate all day long. But not interested as everyone knows on whose money ICC is after and which board is the richest and has unlimited revenue..

We dont have 10,000 to 20,000 capacity stadiums for a reason. Its all over 25,000 plus and all the time it is a full capacity,

Oh and this is for another day. Not in this thread..

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Oh and to check our support check 2002 Natwest series where we almost outnumbered English at your own den and just check T20 WC in SA. India Vs Australia was just awesome and one example..

Cricket isn't even our favourite sport, most people prefer football/rugby/tennis etc. Go to India, I can guarantee that a good 90% of the people there love cricket.

Theres a reason the IPL is not the EPL.

Cricket isn't even our favourite sport, most people prefer football/rugby/tennis etc. Go to India, I can guarantee that a good 90% of the people there love cricket.

Theres a reason the IPL is not the EPL.

We have I league too :p. Football league. Actually people love football too, but are easily out numbered by Cricket. Sachin fans alone outnumber all the other sport supporters put together.

Fair play to Ireland on their historic victory. I can also see a lof typical football comments, of people wanting knee-jerk reactions. Not gonna happen.

But a thing that I'm worried about in cricket is the lack of pitches that offer much to the bowlers. A lot of the pitches are batters paradise, and very few bowling pitches. I have see very little of swing bowling. I'm just worried that these type of pitches are going to create good batsmen, but average bowlers.