ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Looks that way. Out top order are doing so well, then Yusuf is not at all getting any runs and if Raina is played then he is not a lower order batsman. Tricky time for us.

yeah and one point i thought, India will get around 350 and win this game hands down, now this isnt a big score, one massive 100 and West Indies could win this. You guys are doing a classice england, collapsing.

Very chasable for Windies but with no Gayle could be tricky. As an England fan I would rather face Pakistan than Sri Lanka so im supporting West Indies in this game

yeah and one point i thought, India will get around 350 and win this game hands down, now this isnt a big score, one massive 100 and West Indies could win this. You guys are doing a classice england, collapsing.

Yes and we are known for this collapse for ages. If we win this we will face Aussies, otherwise Lankans. WIndies might want to lose to face Pakistan rather than Aussies.

For me, Give me Aussies any day rather than Lankans on subcontinental pitches.

Yes and we are known for this collapse for ages. If we win this we will face Aussies, otherwise Lankans. WIndies might want to lose to face Pakistan rather than Aussies.

For me, Give me Aussies any day rather than Lankans on subcontinental pitches.

yeah Australia over Lankans anyday, although Shaun Tait looks very dangerous... I just hope India win, as we need you to to progress.,

yeah Australia over Lankans anyday, although Shaun Tait looks very dangerous... I just hope India win, as we need you to to progress.,

Not really. I think England are already qualified. SA top spot is confirmed.

If we win then we will finish at 2nd otherwise 3rd and England 4th.

Edit: Or maybe i misread. ;)

Not really. I think England are already qualified. SA top spot is confirmed.

If we win then we will finish at 2nd otherwise 3rd and England 4th.

Oh **** yeah, Didnt realise SA played and won yestardy, thought it was today. My Bad.

Oh **** yeah, Didnt realise SA played and won yestardy, thought it was today. My Bad.

It is either Pak or Lanka for you guys. Hope you beat them. Want them out asap.

It is either Pak or Lanka for you guys. Hope you beat them. Want them out asap.

I think when it comes to Quarters, yu just take what ever comes your way, We have beaten South Africa and Drew with India, so i fear no body. With our Injuries, we shouldnt even be this far. So oh well.

I think when it comes to Quarters, yu just take what ever comes your way, We have beaten South Africa and Drew with India, so i fear no body. With our Injuries, we shouldnt even be this far. So oh well.

Come on Scott, even with injuries, you were good enough to make it to quarters. Just have to beat Ireland, Netherland and Bangladesh. You took the hard route, Typical. Isn't it.

Come on Scott, even with injuries, you were good enough to make it to quarters. Just have to beat Ireland, Netherland and Bangladesh. You took the hard route, Typical. Isn't it.

But with our injuries we beat SA, West Indies and draw with India. I honestly thought we where out come 2pm friday. We have no bowlers, literally bresnan is our only first choice pae bowler fit, Swanne is there, our batting is deplated, with only one opener, and no KP. We had a spinner make his world cup debut on thursday and a 29 year old seam bowler make his as well.

pfft ireland and Bangladesh > India and South Africa

But with our injuries we beat SA, West Indies and draw with India. I honestly thought we where out come 2pm friday. We have no bowlers, literally bresnan is our only first choice pae bowler fit, Swanne is there, our batting is deplated, with only one opener, and no KP. We had a spinner make his world cup debut on thursday and a 29 year old seam bowler make his as well.

If I'm not wrong only Broad and KP are injured isn't it and both played against SA and India.

Haha made me laugh. Even with the injuries we have had we should have strolled into the quarter finals. Bangladesh/Ireland/Netherlands should have been easy with the skill and strength we have. If we can beat and tie with the top 2 teams in the world we should have strolled the other games.

Haha made me laugh. Even with the injuries we have had we should have strolled into the quarter finals. Bangladesh/Ireland/Netherlands should have been easy with the skill and strength we have. If we can beat and tie with the top 2 teams in the world we should have strolled the other games.

Agree with what you say and I think that will do us good in the quarters. Having beaten South Africa and drawing against India it should give us believe that we can beat anyone. Plus we always seem to up our game against the bigger teams

If I'm not wrong only Broad and KP are injured isn't it and both played against SA and India.

Morgan only came in for the last couple of games, cause of injury to KP. Jimmy Anderson has just had a kid, so his head isnt in it. Shahzad has now gone home, Swan and Strauss have both had stomach bugs and rarely trained. Cook should have gone. Throw losing your best bowler Broad into the hat, and the best players are missing with in the side.

Morgan only came in for the last couple of games, cause of injury to KP. Jimmy Anderson has just had a kid, so his head isnt in it. Shahzad has now gone home, Swan and Strauss have both had stomach bugs and rarely trained. Cook should have gone. Throw losing your best bowler Broad into the hat, and the best players are missing with in the side.

Just on the Anderson point, he went home for his child more than 4 months ago. Came back for the remaining Ashes games and was brilliant. Anderson is just not suited for ODI's and sub continent. Blaming on the kid is a little far fetched.

No matter what you say about injuries England should comfortably be beating the likes of Ireland/Bangladesh/Netherlands. They are there to make up the numbers ;)

Just on the Anderson point, he went home for his child more than 4 months ago. Came back for the remaining Ashes games and was brilliant. Anderson is just not suited for ODI's and sub continent. Blaming on the kid is a little far fetched.

No matter what you say about injuries England should comfortably be beating the likes of Ireland/Bangladesh/Netherlands. They are there to make up the numbers ;)

Andy, we are not talking about FIFA world cup :p

Edit: My bad i thought you meant England are there to make up numbers. :)

Last edited:

Bad Trolling my good man.
If we were here to make up the numbers how come we have won 4 World Cup games in 2 World Cups with 3 of them against test playing sides.

The last point was kinda joking hence the wink. Concentrate on the other point :p

Blaming the injuries is just idiotic, we have the strength to beating them easily yet we failed. And you would hope Anderson's mind would be in the right place after 4 months, if not something is wrong.

Bad Trolling my good man.
If we were here to make up the numbers how come we have won 4 World Cup games in 2 World Cups with 3 of them against test playing sides.

Yes, Ireland have potential. I'm very much impressed with the team. Hope Ireland get to play full ODI series with test playing nations.