ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Sreesanth was an utter fail, his bowling put pressure on the other bowlers and he was pathetic, not what you expect from him against Bangladesh, i say throw him out and get the more experienced Nehra in

Sreesanth was an utter fail, his bowling put pressure on the other bowlers and he was pathetic, not what you expect from him against Bangladesh, i say throw him out and get the more experienced Nehra in

He was not in the initial sqaud, when Praveen kumar was injured, Sreesanth came as replacement. Nehra was ahead in pecking order, and i dont know why he was not played.

Other that this, we have Ashwin and Chawla who were very good in practice games but they got overlooked.

I hope this is the last game for Appam in WC.

He was not in the initial sqaud, when Praveen kumar was injured, Sreesanth came as replacement. Nehra was ahead in pecking order, and i dont know why he was not played.

Other that this, we have Ashwin and Chawla who were very good in practice games but they got overlooked.

I hope this is the last game for Appam in WC.

i hope so too, he got murdered by those Bangaldeshi Batsmen, Nehra deserves to be in instead of him, i think Chawla or Ashwin will undermine India's pace attacked unless they are playing on a really slow pitch

i hope so too, he got murdered by those Bangaldeshi Batsmen, Nehra deserves to be in instead of him, i think Chawla or Ashwin will undermine India's pace attacked unless they are playing on a really slow pitch

We have gone with only 2 pacers many times. It is only in recent times we are using 3 pacers. We have Yuvi, Sehwag who can chip in with few overs. Thats the reason Ashwin and Chawla wont get a look in as Bhajji is undropable.

Problem is we have all rounders who are spin bowlers, like Yuvi Yusuf. I like the balance of this team as everyone is contributing. But when going gets tough, can't say how reliable are these part time bowlers.

anyone noticed the stadium in the NZ vs Kenya match, Chennai has one of the biggest stadiums in India but not a soul bothered to get a ticket and watch the game

Sri Lanka are always one of my favourite teams to watch.
Does anyone know why Malinga isn't playing :(

still u dont want ur best bowler to go up against the likes of Australia having not played a warm up match to sync himself

this will probably be more of a thrashing than the Kenya match - however, it's boring watching Sri Lanka batting, would much prefer see them rape Canada when the likes of Muralidaran and Kulasekara bowl :)

Over time, I think this is going to be Virat Kohli's tournament, the boy looks absolutely fantastic and he has been on a great run of form with hundreds against Australia, Sri Lanka, South Africa etc. and he is keeping Raina out of the team and now he comes and scores a magnificent hundred while supporting Viru and he is a fantastic fielder to boot

virat-kohli_2309_313.jpg

The guy should be replacing Dravid at 3 in test matches.Kholi got a bright future for sure with his technique .

Lets go boyz..... :) SA all the way!!
Cricket-South-Africa-Logo_W.jpg
_42784283_kallis_getty.jpg

Kallis is going to dominate and destroy :)

on a VERY serious note however:

1) I have not seen the bowlers KMH speed show up after the ball has been bowled yet... has anyones else noticed this? as well as love it? I want to see how fast Steynie and Morkel are screaming them in at Tendulkar :)

2) I have noticed that there is no Hawk Eye, no Hot Spot, no Snickometer or any other Technology being utilized in this WC! Could Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka not afford the technology? (I raise this question as we have had some of the technology not present at some of our tours here recently as we cannot afford it all)

If so, why does the ICC not sponsor and supply this EXTREMELY important and necessary technology in the modern game of cricket? It baffles me, I have only watched the opening game and bits of the Canada vs Sri Lanka game and I noticed that a call I feel was incorrectly given against Canada after a referal to the 3rd Umpire for a snick behind which I clearly believe was out, however, they had NO technology to assist them or even sound for that matter to assist them in their decision!)

this could cost someone a WC trophy in my honest opinion...

your thoughts :)

Well, Zimbabwe are doing really well against the Aussies, could they possibly win?