ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Yeah, I heard that the ICC are trimming down the numbers, the current format is too long. But then losing these sides will mean they never have the chance to play against the big boys.

Thats a problem for the ICC i think. This world cup is all about the money for them im guessing.

A big debate I guess. You need to get a balance, everyone loves the minnows beating the big ones such as Ireland v Pakistan in 2007 but it lasts way to long. There should be a balance but it is going to be hard for the ICC to achieve.

Yeah it is a big debate. On one hand, ICC wants to expand cricket and make many countries to take part in this game. But the lack of quality is shocking. So it is a lose lose situation for ICC.

For me best WC was 1996. It was excellent world cup. This WC will live up to the hype in the coming weeks, problems is we have many minnows. Apart for their games every game should be good like yesterday Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka.

Today we have India Vs England..

Come on you Men in Blue:wub:..

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Excellent match so far. Sachin what a LEGNED. Genius.

****, not able to get tickets for this match, would have seen Sachin scoring century there.

282/3 with 6 more overs to go.

Yardy is bowling well and Swann got Sachined.. (H)

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Bresnan took his 5th wicket. Excellent depth bowling. Should have scored 350 easily here, we are falling short by good 20-30 runs.

No chance in a million years. Tendulkar = God.

339 all out. Good batting display. Hope Zaheer and co will have good outing rather than a bad one. If we lose this then rest is assured we are not good to in the WC with this bowling lineup.

339 all out. Good batting display. Hope Zaheer and co will have good outing rather than a bad one. If we lose this then rest is assured we are not good to in the WC with this bowling lineup.
You won't lose, our batting doesn't have enough about it to chase down that.

If Strauss/Pietersen don't score a BIG hundred, we've got no hope.

India will win this match, England have no chance...they will be under enormous pressure!
C'mon Men in Blue.(Cant believe m saying this as i support LFC)

Promising start, but it is what the powerplays for. Pietersen will get out to the spinner. Then Trott can hopefully work them about for a bit. If we have wickets in hand and need 7 an over off the last 20 we're well in it.

That was comical. Munaf was appealing and had no idea what happened.

We need a big score from Strauss here, I think.

Big wicket that. Needed a biggg partnership to give the lower lads a chance to have a swing.

Chawla has come leaps and bounds. Superb over that was..

i closed the tv after i saw India scoe 339, then i opened the tv hping against hope that we got off to a good start and then saw Pitersen fall the very next over

Great knock Straussy go on fella.

Looking good for England. Pathetic bowling line up we have got there.

The India bowling attack is the weak part of the team. But saying that, a lot of the pitches in the sub-continuant are batting pitches.

Ian Bell loves hitting the milestones in style. I'd love to see a stat about how often Bell gets to his 50s or 100s with a boundary.