Icemen - A Dennis Bergkamp Story

• Thread starter Thread starter gandrasch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 19K
But will he sign? I had a bit lack of motivation lately, but found it again. Now I just wanted to thank for 3000 views. Bergkamp appreciates.

View attachment 200689

Last edited:
View attachment 199756

*ringring*

View attachment 199754View attachment 199755
Dennis Bergkamp: Hello Marc, this is Dennis Bergkamp.

Marc Overmars: Oh hi, Dennis, long time no speak. How can I help you? Everything good? I heard about your new job at Arsenal.

D.B.: Thanks, I'm fine. But this will be an unpleasant call for you, as I want to sign Riecheldy for Arsenal. He always was one of my personal favourites at Ajax and I want to help him reach the top.

M.O.: There's no way Riecheldy will leave us any time soon. He just signed a new contract until 2020 last year.

D.B.: But don't you think he's ready to make the next big step? We both know he would be tempted to join Arsenal and he is too big of a talent that you could believe he will stay there forever.

M.O.: It's too early and that's it. I won't sacrifice a players career just for the sake of money.

D.B.: Okay, how about we sign him up and loan him back to you, so you can take care of him for another season. He will be nearly 21 then. Also I will promise to not sign anybody else from Ajax. And I know for a fact that some of the youngsters are quite tempted to follow me here as I was their coach for some years.

M.O.: Wow, that doesn't really sound like you. Threatening me and stuff. But if you're so tempted, I don't think we can withstand your offensive. But you won't get him on a cheap. Send me an offer and we will response as soon as possible.

D.B.: Okay, thanks Marc for not making this ugly. Hope too hear soon from you.

email to: D.Bergkamp[at]arsenal.com

Subject:
FW: Youri Tielemans in on market

Hi Dennis,

I got some interesting and important information:

"Dear Ivan,

I would like to inform you, that RSC Anderlecht is making my client Youri Tielemans available to the market. They are in deep need of money and taking offers from 20M € and above. There are already some big names in for him, but I would favour Arsenal, as your club would be the best bet to develop my client further.

Please include me in any correspondence regarding my client.

Best regards,
Christophe Henrotay"

He's one of the world's biggest prospects and a good addition to every team.

Best regards,
Ivan

Last edited:
Transfer budget: € 3.74M

They gave you almost 4 million € and you complain?
The last time I trained them in a FM (back in FM 2k13) I managed to win the league with them on the first season and they only gave 254.000 € as a transfer budget! ¬¬

**** Txuri Urdin*, you make miracles for them and they only give you pocket money in return... *sigh*

Anyway, remarkable work you've made with the Guipuzcoan team... Real Sociedad has a pretty decent base to work around and a more than useful academy but getting them to play Europa League on the first year is still quite an achievement.

I would say that it's a shame that your stay in San Sebastián didn't last longer, but I understand and support your decision fully since I also suffered Real Sociedad's iron fisted wages.
It looks like you have a more than decent squad with the gunners and with the additions of Bernat and Casemiro two of the main squad's weak points are covered, now if only you could find a top class striker and a young keeper to inherit Cech's role, you would have a team more than ready to take on anything and anyone.

Good luck with the gunners (and yeah, I also feel that Morata would prove more adequate than Icardi for said role).

.P.S.: *Basque for "White and blue"
.P.S.II.:
Rulli looked quite good, but I don't think Real Sociedad will sell me anything.

And that's what release clauses are for... (And if not names like Timo Horn, Simone Scuffet, Mattia Perrin or Predrag Rajkovic are more than decent alternatives).

Asia Tour

View attachment 199741
View attachment 199739
Today we will report on our Asian Tour 2016. It started on July the 22th when the Arsenal players including new manager Dennis Bergkamp flew to Suwon, South Korea.

They were welcomed very heartily from the supporters.

View attachment 199731
View attachment 199738
On the second day the tour started with some sponsor events followed by a game again Suwon Bluewings, which was won by 4 - 0.

View attachment 199740

Then the team flew to Jeonju to play against Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. This game was won 2 - 0 with goals by Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez.

View attachment 199737

On the last day Arsenal played Incheon United and beat them by four goals. We want to thank all our supporters in Asia for this great trip and hope to bring you the joy of football soon again.

View attachment 199736

View attachment 199729

Last edited:
Just read it through great story and wonderful presentation, good luck this season with Arsenal

They gave you almost 4 million € and you complain?
The last time I trained them in a FM (back in FM 2k13) I managed to win the league with them on the first season and they only gave 254.000 € as a transfer budget! ¬¬

**** Txuri Urdin*, you make miracles for them and they only give you pocket money in return... *sigh*

Anyway, remarkable work you've made with the Guipuzcoan team... Real Sociedad has a pretty decent base to work around and a more than useful academy but getting them to play Europa League on the first year is still quite an achievement.

I would say that it's a shame that your stay in San Sebastián didn't last longer, but I understand and support your decision fully since I also suffered Real Sociedad's iron fisted wages.
It looks like you have a more than decent squad with the gunners and with the additions of Bernat and Casemiro two of the main squad's weak points are covered, now if only you could find a top class striker and a young keeper to inherit Cech's role, you would have a team more than ready to take on anything and anyone.

Good luck with the gunners (and yeah, I also feel that Morata would prove more adequate than Icardi for said role).

.P.S.: *Basque for "White and blue"
.P.S.II.:

And that's what release clauses are for... (And if not names like Timo Horn, Simone Scuffet, Mattia Perrin or Predrag Rajkovic are more than decent alternatives).

Yeah, maybe I could have stayed but the opportunity was too big and I had some problems there, because the best players set to leave and I kinda broke the band with the older ones, so I would have to work with some really young ones and players without much quality.
They ended up selling Vela to Monaco and letting a huge bunch of players leaving on a free and buying medicore players.

Yeah, but I didn't think about buying Rulli in the future with another club. I really like Horn, he's my favourite goalkeeper IRL and my dream transfer for Arsenal to replace Cech one day. I can tell you that it's one of them, but my scouts decided this for me.

Just read it through great story and wonderful presentation, good luck this season with Arsenal

Thanks a lot :) I'm still not sure how to present the everyday business. I liked my newsletter style, but I think the clean style like the one xJamieWilliams uses is much nicer to read. And I have another idea, as you will see in on of my next posts. Also I'm always unsure on how much personal thoughts I should get into the story and if this really fits into the Bergkamp theme.

Last edited:
On the not so bright sight...

View attachment 199717

View attachment 199716
View attachment 199715

Koscielny leaves Arsenal

View attachment 199714
Dennis Bergkamp on

... Koscielny leaving: "I'm sad to see someone remarkable as Laurent leave, but he had the wish to go back to France and after all he did for this club, we won't force him too stay. We wish him the best of luck at his new club Paris Saint-Germain."

... new defensive signings "We have still have good defensive options, but we gonna sort the market and see if we can find a replacement which fulfil our requirements."

Last edited:
View attachment 199709

Today we will bring you the FA Community Shield match between the last years champions FC Chelsea and the last years cup champions and league runners up Arsenal FC.

The match is played on a rainy day at the Wembley Stadium in London. As expected the stadium is sold out with 90.000 fans attending this game.

Kickoff will be in 15 minutes.

View attachment 199708

The biggest news is that the new forward Morata will actually start for Arsenal.

0. Minute - And so it begins. Chelsea with the kickoff.

10. Minute - GOAL FOR CHELSEA

View attachment 199706

The first goal of the game goes to Chelsea. A superb goal from Cuadrado, who runs down the field with the ball and takes a 1-2 pass with an overhead kick. Arsenal is sitting deep and it looks like the tactic won't come off.

31. Minute - Yellow Card for Juan Cuadrado

View attachment 199700
Arsenal are still sitting deep and waiting to counter Chelsea. On a brink of such an counter, Cuadrado gets a yellow card for a tactical foul on Mesut Özil.

34. Minute - Yellow Card for Francis Coquelin

View attachment 199698

This was stupid. Coqulin starts to argue with the referee who doesn't hesitate and shows him a yellow card. He got to be careful now.

42. Minute - GOAL FOR ARSENAL

View attachment 199693

What a start for Alvaro Morata at Arsenal. Chelseas Nikola Maksimovic passes the ball without enough strength. Morata just waited for this opportunity to score his first goal for Arsenal.

45.+3 Minute - Halftime score Chelsea 1 - 1 Arsenal

Chelsea is dominating the game, but Arsenal is playing this very clever, leaving room for Chelsea and then using the same space to counter attack quickly with their fast forwards.

45. Minute - Begin of second half

48. Minute - Yellow Card for Baba Rahman

View attachment 199692

Another tactical foul by Chelsea. This time it's Baba who stops Ramsey with a foul from behind. He's lucky it's only yellow.

60. Minute - GOAL FOR ARSENAL

View attachment 199690
Another well performed counter sees Arsenal midfield maestro Mesut Özil score with a superb shoot from 30 meters.

75. Minute - GOAL FOR ARSENAL

View attachment 199688

Could this be it? While it's Chelsea being closer getting the next goal, it's Arsenal who scores it. And one again it's the new striker Alvaro Morata.

90. Minute - AND IT'S OVER. ARSENAL WINS THE MC DONALDS COMMUNITY SHIELD

View attachment 199687

Dennis Bergkamp showed today, that he is right up to the task managing Arsenal with picking the right tactic and counter Mourinhos side perfectly. And Morata showed why Bergkamp was so desperate on signing him.

View attachment 199686

Nice win, I like your presentation a lot, Morata was not cheap didn't think he would be that much

View attachment 199472View attachment 199475
Stefan de Vrij, 24, joins Arsenal from Lazio Rom for a fee of 30M € on a contract until 2021 which is worth 140k €/week. There he will replace the departed Koscielny.

Stefan de Vrij joined Lazio 2014/15 and played 66 games for them. He also already played 42 games for Holland.

Bergkamp is delighted with his signing, praising De Vrij as one of the top central defenders in the world.

On the other hand Joel Campbell and Emiliano Martinez leave Arsenal to join Bundesliga sides 1. FSV Mainz 05 and Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Last edited:
View attachment 199436
View attachment 199435
View attachment 199434
Dennis Bergkamp on...

the win: "This was the way we want to play football. We were dominant from first to the last second. We should have scored more goals, that's a thing we have to work on"

the goalscorers: "I'm delighted that our two new signings scored for us. They will prove their worth this season."

the injuries: "They are a big blow for us. Bellerin and Ramsey are key players and both look like they will miss at least a month. But I believe in this squad and it's depth"

possible transfers: "You know I won't comment on names, but we're still in (the market). "

departures in the team: "Some players left us, because they didn't feel like they will get the game time they want. It's fair, as the quality has gone up in recent years. There still will be some more departures."

View attachment 199175

View attachment 199174

View attachment 199173

Dennis Bergkamp on...

the match: "We couldn't make our chances pay. Watford overrun us in the first 10 minutes and then defended with all they got when they were one man down. There's no excuse of not getting the result we wanted here."

Jerome Onguene: "He looks like a promising central defender and joined for our youth team, but was loaned out to Molde FK immediately."

more signings: "We found a real gem in Brazil who will join us if we can get the papers sorted. But I won't drop any names."

Back