Icemen - A Dennis Bergkamp Story

• Thread starter Thread starter gandrasch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 19K
View attachment 199120

View attachment 199110

Welcome to our live coverage from the game Arsenal against Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium.

Starting Lineups:

View attachment 199093View attachment 199092

Player in Focus:

View attachment 199091
Reus, who only signed a week ago is already in the starting lineup.

He scored 51 goals in 116 games for Borussia Dortmund and joined Arsenal for a rumoured fee of 90 million € until 2021.

He can play on both flanks and is set to build the new offensive triangle with Morata and Sanchez plus Özil in between.

And the game starts:

32. Minute GOAL FOR ARSENAL

And another debutant who scores his first goal. Last week it was de Vrij and Morata, today it's Reus who shows how determinant he is to score goal.

View attachment 199090

60. Minute GOAL FOR MANCHESTER CITY

And there is the 1:1. Wonderful goal from David Silva. This is his 50th goal for Manchester City and a remarkable one.

View attachment 199089

72. Minute GOAL FOR ARSENAL

And it's the lead for Arsenal again. Jenkinson who just came in as a sub for Mertesacker snatches a goal from a deflected shot.

View attachment 199088

90. Minute And its over.

Arsenal wins this game more or less deserved being the more clever and efficient side.

View attachment 199087

Very good job with your precentation there ! If this is your first story here I cannot imagine the level of your next ones !! Even though Arsenal kicked my team 's but in the Champions League (I 'm Olympiakos) I wish you good luck !

Thanks a lot. The next thing I have to improve is my style of playing FM. And take even more screenshots.

View attachment 198398
Sky Sports brings you the transfer roundup for Arsenal after the transfer window shut last night.

Arsenal had a busy window since the departure of Arsene Wenger. His successor Dennis Bergkamp spends the cash more freely and so they had their record for the biggest sum spend on a transfer broken two times this summer.

Our verdict on the transfers:

Ins:

Marco Reus

View attachment 198373

Cost: € 84M

Rating: 5/5

Sky Sport says: They wanted another world class winger and they got themselves one. There's no question about his skills, only his injury proneness could stop him from overtake the premiere league. He and Sanchez will lift Arsenal to a new height. Also he didn't come in at a cheap, but we think he will be worth every penny.

Alvaro Morata

View attachment 198357

Cost: € 75M

Sky Sport says: And another piece in the puzzle. Morata is already one of the worlds best strikers at the age of 23 and Arsenal needed some competition for Giroud. And with 4 goals in 4 matches he already started to build his legacy at Arsenal.

Stefan de Vrij

View attachment 198350

Cost: € 30M

Rating: 3.5/5

Sky Sport says: After Koscielny left de Vrij has some big shoes to fill. He has everything you want from a modern defender but has to prove if he can be as good as Koscielny in his prime.

Youri Tielemans

View attachment 198340

Cost: € 17M

Rating: 4.5/5

Sky Sport says: Youri Tielemans being transfer listed by Anderlecht was one of the biggest surprises this summer. Still only 19 years of age he already offers enough to play a bigger part in most sides. Arsenal loaned him back to Anderlecht to develop him even further but Arsenal got themselves one of the most promising youngsters in the game.

Lincoln

View attachment 198339

Cost: € 12M

Sky Sport says: Arsenals last day signing, even though the transfer will happen later on, after Lincoln turn 18. Another really promising player, who made himself a name after winning the Brazilian Gaucho State Championship with Gremio and having 68 games as a professional under his belt at the age of 17. Looks like a ****** and will join Arsenal on 01.01.2017.

Riecheldy Bazoer

View attachment 198338

Cost: € 10.5M

Rating: 4/5

Sky Sport says: Another fairly young player who already worked under Dennis Bergkamp in the Ajax youth. Will also be loaned back to his previous club to develop further in his known enviroment and join up with Dennis Bergkamp next year. Looks quite promising but will have to see how much game time he can get behind Coquelin and Casemiro.

Jerome Onguene

View attachment 198337

Cost: € 5M

Rating: 2.5/5

Sky Sport says: A young french defender with promising talent, who never played in the top flight. As far as we know he will be loaned out this season to prove he's good enough for the future. But if you compare him to the other talents Arsenal bought, we aren't as excited.

Iver Fossum

View attachment 198336

Cost: € 2.1M

Rating: 3.5/5

Sky Sport says: Labeld as the next big thing after Odegaard, Arsenal went in to secure him first. Don't look as classie as Odegaard but still like a very decent player. Was loaned to Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk to get more expiriecend.

Outs:

Emiliano Martinez joined Borrusia Mönchengladbach for a fee of € 4M

Has no real chance to ever play for Arsenal and trys to find his luck elsewhere.

Laurent Koscielny joined Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of € 18.25M

A big loss for Arsenal. It was the players wish to get back to france and they granted it. Will have another 2-3 years there before retiring and could still help any side.

Joel Campbell joined 1. FSV Mainz 05 for a fee of € 7.75M

Never really setteld in at Arsenal and took his chance to prove himself in the Bundesliga

Mathieu Debuchy joined Manchester United for a fee of € 4.2M

After his injuries in the first season and the rise of Bellerin never stood a chance on the right back position and with Jenkinson getting back and Chambers as second backup Debuchy tries to battle there for the spot.

Nacho Monreal joined Newcastle United for a fee of € 4.5M

Was in the same position as Debuchy with Bernat and Gibbs playing on the left back more reguarly than him.

Rosicky leaves on a free
Mikel Arteta leaves on a free
Mathieu Flamini leaves on a free
Jon Toral leaves on a free
Glen Kamara leaves on a free
Deyan Illiev leaves on a free
Ryan Huddart leaves on a free
Tafari Moore leaves on a free
Kristopher Da Graca leaves on a free

Also see our summary of the round ups from different clubs:

View attachment 198335View attachment 198334View attachment 198333View attachment 198332View attachment 198331View attachment 198330View attachment 198329

Thanks for reading and join us again when we will round up Chelsea

View attachment 197416

email to: D.Bergkamp[at]arsenal.com

Dear Dennis,

I've found a couple of very promising goalkeepers as you requested. One of them really sticks out. He's called Predrag Rajkovic and joined Maccabi Tel Aviv recently from Red Star Belgrad. At the age of 20 he already captained his side and only conceded 16 goals in 28 games. Even tough he just switched clubs I think we can get him on a cheap deal for round about €3.000.000.

And a friend of mine recommended a 15-year old player from Birmingham called Marc Duffy.

I added both of their profile at this mail.

Regards,
Steve

attachments:

Rajkovic.pdf
View attachment 197413

Duffy.pdf
View attachment 197412

I also bought Rajkovic in my save and he is doing very good ! Great signing !

View attachment 197001
View attachment 197000
View attachment 196999
Dennis Bergkamp on...

the win: "It was very important to us, to start this competition with a win. We completely dominated this game and I'm very proud of my layers."

Rajkovic: "Cech is getting older and I don't want to miss the turning point so we looked for a future replacement who we can begin to build up now and who's gonna learn a lot from Cech."

Lincoln: "Lincoln is another one for the future and looked like one of the best prospects I ever saw. He will join us in January when he turns 18 but will probably be loaned out again until next season."

his tactical approach: "I always want to have the control over the game and attack as often as possible, as we did in the early 2000's."

I also bought Rajkovic in my save and he is doing very good ! Great signing !

I wasn't so keen on him in the first place, because I dislike for my story to use wonderkids which weren't found by my scouts ingame (like Lincoln who I found while scouting brazil without even knowing he's that big of a deal), but for some reason they didn't found anyone for goal and so I went for him.

View attachment 196963
View attachment 196964
View attachment 196966
Dennis Bergkamp on...

the game: "A very good game. We were in control but should have scored one or two more goals. We will work on that."

the out in the COC: "We rested some of our key players, because I wanted to give some game time to the reserves. But some players didn't looked like they were ready and in the end we were unlucky to lose such a match with a great performance from their goalkeeper."

So no update until next week, were I hopefully have more time to post, because I'm getting ahead with the save.

Happy holidays to all of you. And thanks for every comment, like and click I really do appreciate it. :)

View attachment 196889

View attachment 195664
View attachment 195663
View attachment 195662
Dennis Bergkamp on...

the game: "We didn't deserve the draw, but it was our own fault as we gave away the game in the end. We are still unbeaten, but we have way to many draws."

the injury on Özil: "It didn't look to good. He was holding his knee all the time. He will be out at least for the next 3 games maybe, he could return against Chelsea but it's too soon to say."

View attachment 195660

View attachment 195656
View attachment 195655
View attachment 195654
Dennis Bergkamp on...

the game: "We bounced back after the draw against West Ham and used our chances. The goal from Casemiro was a real screamer I have to say. The win was important, because we have the game against Roma upcoming and it's always better to go into such big matches with a win in the back of the head."

the unbeaten run: "It's too soon to compare it with 03/04 and were still draw too often, but for now I'm quite pleased."

View attachment 195653

the upcoming games: "In one month we will play against Roma twice, Chelsea and Manchester United. This will be crucial four weeks for us if we want to stay on top in all of the competitions."

View attachment 195652

Back