Mundo1996

Reaction score
Who is Jurgen Meyer?
Well, Jurgen Meyer is a young German who was an amateur footballer. 24 years after the famous speech of John F. Kennedy, who said "Ich bin ein Berliner", Jurgen was born in Berlin.

What is his aim?
His aim is to be one of the best German managers ever. Today on the 22nd of June 2013, 4 days before his 26th birthday, he is still unemployed.

Has he applied for a job?
He applied for the job as a football manager at 5 clubs:
- SpVgg Erkenschwick
- Hammer SpVg
- ETB Schwarz-Weiss Essen
- TV Jahn Hiesveld
- SV Wiesbaden
But there was also one club who called Jurgen personally: FC Kray

He received job interviews from all the clubs and today (22/06) he received 2 contract offers...SW Essen offered Jurgen a one year contract on €230 per week.And Hamm offered him a one year contract on €450 per week.

"I'm very excited to become a football manager, but I will not choose the first team who approaches me. I would love to become the manager of SW Essen, but €230 per week is not enough. I want a minimum of €400 per week, because that will be my fulltime job. The offer from Hamm is much better, but I will delay the offer and see if an other can offer me better!", Jurgen said to the media after the contract offers.

Next update:
Jurgen's first job as a manager

Last edited:
Sorry if my English is not that good, I'm from Belgium. :p

I have some good news! 2 days before his 26th birthday Jurgen signed his first managerial contract!
But which team will it be...

Jurgen's first job as a manager

I'm very proud to announce you that I will be the manager of SV Wiesbaden! I signed a 2-year deal on €725 per week.I'm going to introduce you to my club. The club is founded in 1899, plays in the 5th tier of Germany and has 1 rival, SV Wehen Wiesbaden. The media predicts that we will finish 3rd in the Hessenliga.
I will introduce my squad and tactics when pre-season is over and transfers are completed.

Next update: Pre-season

Last edited:
From now on I will write from Jurgen's view, because I think that's more interesting to read.

Looks like a great read, I will definitely follow this.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Pre-season

TRANSFERS

- First I get rid all my staff and I signed an Assistant Manager, Coach, Head of Youth Development, Head Physio and a Scout.
View attachment 386020

- The second thing I did was analyzing the squad. All 16 and years old players were sent back to the U19's and I saw 1 player, a striker, that may leave the club. I tried to get rid of him, but nobody wants him, so I asked to terminate his contract on a mutual termination. Now Younes Bahssou will leave the club for 6K.

- After analyzing I saw that I needed a second goalkeeper, a (backup) central midfielder and a (backup) attacking midfielder. So made 3 transfers for a fee of 10K.
View attachment 386018

1. Christop Werner is a goalkeeper who I signed on a free. I play with a sweeper keeper, so I these stats are in blue.
View attachment 386017

2. Christof Stefani is signed for a fee of 10K. A bit too much, but I was despirate and needed another central midfielder. I highlighted his stats of deep lying playmaker (defend), because that will be the role he will play most of the time.
View attachment 386016

3. My last signing is Daniel Keita-Ruel. He is a French advanced playmaker (attack). His physical stats are insane for this level!
View attachment 386015

SQUAD

Goalkeepers: I have 2 good goalkeepers. Christoph Werner is a very good allround sweeper keeper. Volkan Tekin has not that good stats for a sweeper keeper, but his technical stats are superb!
View attachment 386009
Technical attributes of Volkan Tekin:
View attachment 386012

Defenders: I have three good central defenders. Marko Kopilas (my co-captain) will be my number one central defender and Jonas Gruter and Nicolai Konig will challenge each other for the second place. Jonas Gruter will also be used a central midfielder and sometimes as defensive midfielder.
View attachment 386001

I have only one right back and 2 left backs. So if there is an injury I have to look for a replacement. Christian Demirtas (my captain) will be the right back and Nico heupt my left back as Paolo Cavallo will also be used as a left winger.
View attachment 385996View attachment 385995

Midfielders: In 2 tactics I use central midfielders and in the other tactic I use 2 defensive midfielder and 1 central midfielder. The players are equal so I haven't decide who will be my first choice. Results, statistics and ratings will decide who will be in the first eleven.
View attachment 385993View attachment 385992

I will use newcomer Daniel Keita-Ruel and David Schug as my advanced playmaker (attack). Daniel is my first choice, but that can change during the season.
View attachment 385991

Wingers: I have only one left winger, Paolo Cavallo (he's not fully trained in that position, that's why he has only a half star rating), but I'm training Joseph Olumide to be a left winger too. He will be my main right winger and David Schug my second choice right winger.
View attachment 385990View attachment 385988

Strikers: I have 2 very good strikers. Ferhat Gunduz is first choice and Sebastian Gurok is backup.
View attachment 385985
They have both very good physical stats.
Gunduz:
View attachment 385983
And Gurok:
View attachment 385982

TACTICS

I will use 3 tactics. The 3 tactics are all made by Artisan. This is a tactic based on Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing football style. Here is the link to the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...en-klopps-gegenpressing-artisan-14-3-1-a.html

The setup of the more defensive tactic:
View attachment 385979

The setup of the attacking and the 'normal' tactic:
View attachment 385978

PRE-SEASON GAMES:

I handelled the first match, against Idar-Oberstein, myself. My assistant manager did the rest. The first match against Pfeddersheim was played before I signed as the manager of SV Wiesbaden.
View attachment 385976

FIRST FIXTURES

I will play 6 matches in the Hessenliga, until the end of August. FC Eschborn, Bayern Alzenau and FSV Frankfurt II are also aiming for promotion so after these fixtures I now if I can compete with them.
View attachment 385974

Next update: July and August update

Last edited:
Some good signings, good luck in the first month.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

July and August

New Signing

Because my main right back Christian Demirtas was injured, I had to make another signing. I looked for a good complete wingback and I found someone named Gianluca Maresca. He is 21 years old and he was a free transfer. He had a rating of 8.50 for his league debut!
View attachment 385771

Fixtures

View attachment 385753

We are struggling in our away matches: 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss
The main problem is scoring, against Fernwald I had 8 CCC's! The match against Stadtallendorf was very poor and a bad pass from my left back Nico Heupt led to their goal. And Bayern Alzenau were just amazing, their 3 attacking players were passing very well on the counters which led to 3 goals.

Our home games are perfect: 11 goals and 3 clean sheets in 3 matches!

Coming matches: I will play until the end of October. My first match against Wehen II wil be very important, I'm 2nd and they are 4th. Wehen is also a rival so a match that I must win!

Table

View attachment 385749

It looks like we could challenge for the title!

Player of the month

The Frenchman DANIEL KEITA-RUELHe played 5 matches (1 as a substitute), scored 2 goals and gave 4 assists! Which lead to 2 POM awards and an average rating of 7.82!
View attachment 385744

Advice

The finances are really bad and I wonder how I can resolve this problem. Can someone help me please? This could be a very big problem in the future.
View attachment 385739

I'm not spending too much money on wages. I'm currently €453 per week under the budget.
View attachment 385740

Any advice is welcome!

Last edited:
Financial update

As I said earlier, the financial state of the club is very poor and in the future it would be a massive problem.
I went to the chairman, Christian Grunert, and I asked him 2 things:
- First I asked for a parent club who will support us financially.
- Second, as I'm not going to do a youth challenge, to decrease the junior coaching budget.

They've both been accepted and I'm very happy with that. I hope that we get a good parent club to make our club healthier.

Good read so far mate! I seem to have financial troubles the same as you, it would seem the best thing to do is to minimize your spending on unnecessary things such as scouting abroad and to many staff etc.

Good read so far mate! I seem to have financial troubles the same as you, it would seem the best thing to do is to minimize your spending on unnecessary things such as scouting abroad and to many staff etc.

Thanks for the support lad!
But I have some bad news (again) ...
View attachment 385647
I don't think they have searched that good. Stupid lazy bastards! (the board)

September

New Signing

To strengthen our defence, I've brought in a central defender. Rainer Hauck is 35 years old and is a good ball playing defender. He will form a duo with Marko Kopilas in most matches.
View attachment 385377

Fixtures

We played 4 matches, to begin with the important derby against our near rivals, Wehen II...
View attachment 385375

We had a excellent month with 4 wins!

Table

View attachment 385371

We are now top of the league, come on SV Wiesbaden!

Player of the month

And the award of player of the month September goes to...
FERHAT GUNDUZ
He played 3 matches (the last 3) and gave 1 assist and scored 5 goals!

Given this a read...

I like it!

Good signings, like that you are taking notice of the finances (can become a big issue if not looked after properly in Journeyman saves!)

Also very good start!

Shall be following this pal :)

Also, saying you are from Belgium, your English is pretty good :)

Given this a read...

I like it!

Good signings, like that you are taking notice of the finances (can become a big issue if not looked after properly in Journeyman saves!)

Also very good start!

Shall be following this pal :)

Also, saying you are from Belgium, your English is pretty good :)

Thanks mate!

October

Fixtures

We've played only 3 league games in October and we really struggled in defence...
View attachment 385344
Offenbach II scored in the 90'+1' minute...

Table

View attachment 385343

We are doing great! We have one game in hand and if we win that match, we are top of the league!

Player performances

View attachment 385342

Ferhat Gunduz, Joseph Olumide and Daniel Keita-Ruel are doing a great job!

Player of the month

The player of the month is DANIEL KEITA-RUEL

The Frenchman played 3 matches, in 2 matches he came of the bench, and scored 3 times and gave 1 assist! A really good performance by this lad!

November

Fixtures

We had 5 games to play in the Hessenliga this month. My aim was to have minimum 11 points: 3 home victories and minimum 2 points from the away games.
Here are the results:
View attachment 385260

We won 4 matches and played 1-1 against a very strong Jugesheim side! But it where are very difficult games:
- We were losing 1-3 against Rot-Weiss Darmstadt at halftime.
- We struggled to score against Ederbergland.
- Against Jugesheim we scored an undeserved goal in the 90' + 1'.
- 3 cornergoals against Vellmar.
- Fernwald was the fourth team who had the opening goal.

But, I'm content with the 13 points!

December will be a very important month with a home match against Stadtallendorf and an away game against Eschborn.

Table
View attachment 385258

We are 5 points clear on top with 16 matches remaining.

Player of the month

The award goes to the Nigerian winger JOSEPH OLUMIDE
Joseph played all 5 matches. He had an average rating of 7.44, gave 2 assists and scored 4 goals!

Been a really good read this mate and will definitely keep up with it. Really clever work looking after them finances as well. Keep it up mate.