coming up to christmas with my catania team and am struggling for consistancy, this isnt 1st season and my team is dramatically better than the original, ive scored alot more goals at this stage tho. when the second underdog version comes i will try that to see if it is better too. :D
Are you drawing too many games? or losing too many games? with regards to the inconsistency of course.

I have always wondered. how do you edit set pieces in classic mode tactics to have more than one player lurk outside area for example. i want to edit it to suit the corner tactics that has much success.. i dont fancy whats on the main tactic. :)
You can do it in both classic and new tactics. It's the set piece creator that limits you to one role per person, so just go into player instructions and set it there. Then you can make everyone lurk outside the area!

Really want the underdog tactic, how long till its out?
I was at football, now I'm going to grab something to eat and finish off the underdog tactic.
Just need to finish the season off with Everton too, 2 games to go. FA Cup final against United and last Premier League game against United... they should let us win the premier league game if they don't want City to win the title lol

Are you drawing too many games? or losing too many games? with regards to the inconsistency of course.

You can do it in both classic and new tactics. It's the set piece creator that limits you to one role per person, so just go into player instructions and set it there. Then you can make everyone lurk outside the area!

I was at football, now I'm going to grab something to eat and finish off the underdog tactic.
Just need to finish the season off with Everton too, 2 games to go. FA Cup final against United and last Premier League game against United... they should let us win the premier league game if they don't want City to win the title lol
w8ing for underdog. gonna test with QPR

1st game 1:0 vs everton. im with QPR.but with young strikers=) Fierro and Ongenda( dont expect from them much for now)

Just a quick question may sound stupid but how do you select pitch size on fm13 I have never changed it before on this game just the old ones
Then I am gonna try this with my villa side that I have finished 10th then 9th with a selection of tactics none of which seem to be consistent just can't seem to get a run going
cheers in advance

I'm giving it a go with my Fiorentina, I don't care it's november already ;) If it's at least half as good as the original one it will be awsome;)
The 2011 tactic turned my Newcastle from a Chempionship team to an European superpower, winning Champions League 3 times in a row :D so I'm very excited ;)

Everyone asking about training, match prep, it's all in the OP and has been for a long time.

Everyone asking about training, match prep, it's all in the OP and has been for a long time.
Highlight it a different colour or give it a sub-title. Might be hard to find especially for people who are not fluent in English

Quick season two update... checking if there is any second season syndrome with this tactic. (I know it has solutions, but in some cases I truly believe that second season syndrome is hard coded somewhere into this years game...)

So far, I do believe we are suffering from it.
6502281c0ea31be77e422db992487f31.png

c24bcef4d14cfe97ed6ff38eb780b8e6.png

Conceding a lot and not scoring enough. Will play it out until January to see whether things sort themselves out.

Actually in the normal tactic mode you can do it easily in the player instructions area. i mean the set pieces but with tactics in classic mode, you dont see that when you click player instructions. thats my question. cos even if you change in setpieces via player .. it allows you to change only one.. you cant do multiple or am doing something wrong.

Actually in the normal tactic mode you can do it easily in the player instructions area. i mean the set pieces but with tactics in classic mode, you dont see that when you click player instructions. thats my question. cos even if you change in setpieces via player .. it allows you to change only one.. you cant do multiple or am doing something wrong.
Oh wait you're right. I got mixed up with something else.
I think that this option was allowed on old FM's where classic tactics were fully supported perhaps?

Just tried it with my Bayern save. I changed things quite a bit (mainly individual mentalities, width, tempo and droping the Right center midfield to right DMC).

I'm in my 4th or 5th season and had absolutely no wingers (was playing a narrow wingless formation last season). So I had to buy Delofeu, Carcela and the game bought me Oxlade-Chamberlain (came in January) and Andre Ayew. I also had Sigborsson and Gaston Ramirez from free transfer that where needed in my previous tactic.

I lost 2 games (one where my players just did **** all the game, the other one to Barcelona Away)

View attachment 340617View attachment 340618

Here is when I stopped tweaking the tactic :

View attachment 340619

The games around the draw against FC Porto I had absolutely no strikers left (huge injury crisis and a lack of bench depth), and had to play my wingers at the strikers positions.

So it's quite good in both offense and defense =)

Last edited:
Just tried it with my Bayern save. I changed things quite a bit (mainly individual mentalities, width, tempo and droping the Right center midfield to right DMC).

I'm in my 4th or 5th season and had absolutely no wingers (was playing a narrow wingless formation last season). So I had to buy Delofeu, Carcela and the game bought me Oxlade-Chamberlain (came in January) and Andre Ayew. I also had Sigborsson and Gaston Ramirez from free transfer that where needed in my previous tactic.

I lost 2 games (one where my players just did **** all the game, the other one to Barcelona Away)

View attachment 340617View attachment 340618

Here is when I stopped tweaking the tactic :

View attachment 340619

The games around the draw against FC Porto I had absolutely no strikers left (huge injury crisis and a lack of bench depth), and had to play my wingers at the strikers positions.

So it's quite good in both offense and defense =)
Would be interesting to see everything you tweaked!