After some tweaking, I seem to have found a solution for second season syndrome... with the underdog tactic at least.
I noticed the players passing just wasn't clicking, so I removed training from the *** Man and changed it to Teamwork. The results then started to significantly improve and return like before!

Here is season 2 league table with more or less the same team bar Macheda on loan:
eb4814d83dd51470b35ee1a7d1389c1f.png

Sat 3rd in January isn't bad considering the bad start we had due to the second season syndrome. It's nice to see that switching training to teamwork fixes the second season syndrome. A lot of goals have been conceded but the mass majority of them were from the bad spell.

846c3631b67d8ec156604189cc8dcd21.png

Seems to be really good in Italia too :

View attachment 340647

I'll give it a go in France, Portugal, Spain and England too, just too see if it's working in various championships

Is there any way to reduce the amounts of yellow cards ? I have picked up 18 yellows and 2 red cards in 8 games.

Well i tend to switch between them, I use Underdog against the bigger teams and the Normal against the smaller teams. I think it might be the Underdog tactic picking up most of the cards though

Well i tend to switch between them, I use Underdog against the bigger teams and the Normal against the smaller teams. I think it might be the Underdog tactic picking up most of the cards though

just reduce tackling to normal or easy

It will be the underdog tactic, hence why I was asking just to make sure.
As silverya said, reduce tackling or start fining your players.

End of season with Juventus :

View attachment 340663View attachment 340664View attachment 340665

I had some really strange loses, but well you can't win them all after all ! The only one where I really felt hopeless was that game against Barcelona away... Man, Messi is truly unstoppable when he decides to rush with the ball ^^

I decided to implement 2 tactics to prevent the game from "hacking".

I have one with a right central midfield and a left defensive central midfield, and the other tactic has a left central midfield and a right defensive central midfield. And I rotate them from time to time. Will report back after a test at Lyon in France

End of season with Juventus :

View attachment 340663View attachment 340664View attachment 340665

I had some really strange loses, but well you can't win them all after all ! The only one where I really felt hopeless was that game against Barcelona away... Man, Messi is truly unstoppable when he decides to rush with the ball ^^

I decided to implement 2 tactics to prevent the game from "hacking".

I have one with a right central midfield and a left defensive central midfield, and the other tactic has a left central midfield and a right defensive central midfield. And I rotate them from time to time. Will report back after a test at Lyon in France

Out of interest, what do you mean when you say "prevent the game from hacking"?
Nice results as well :)

Preventing the game from "knowing" your tactic, and then having a huge dip in form. Sorry my english is rather poor, so I lack some vocabulary to say what I want ^^

Starting at the moment my Lyon test.

thanks for the tip ! It's honor to be requested to write my 2nd season.
I started 2nd season and many new arrivals so I'm also setting match prep. as "team work"..
I really lucked out to see your post before starting new season..
Actually, I wanted to change attack. corner setpiece so I first made set-piece and then convert it to classic and copy your & satorox's tactics and I think this is working well so far.

View attachment 340666View attachment 340667

very tough schedule.. Man City away and next Arsenal away.. There was Liverpool away.. and Man U. away is waiting for me anyway as far, results are great.

I got Lewandowski and am using him as STR but he might need time to adjust 'cuz he doesn't score well. Even though his lack of socring, his av. rating is 7.4... amazing.. He contributed by some other ways like build-up or linking..

View attachment 340668View attachment 340669View attachment 340670

As you can see, Lukaku-the 20 years old man become my master.. I hope it continue..
I could have some problems which are known as second season syndrome but match prep. setting as "team work" was my lifeline, I think. thanks for the tactics and tips !!!

Last edited:
Are you drawing too many games? or losing too many games? with regards to the inconsistency of course.

Hi mate,
The main problem I am having is conceding too many goals, so I will win 1 game 6-4 for example then get beat the next one 5-4 or draw 4-4
though i see the underdog tactic has been released into the OP this might suit my team better

I'll give it a go with my St. Etienne side in the second season (so few changes). Hopefully may work with Kardec STCL and Aubameyang STCR.

Edit: will be giving the underdog tactic a go I mean

tactic works great, but i have alot of trouble on away games, whenever i need to use the underdog tactic i cant win away always draw conceding 2-3 goals a game, and even when im winning, the opposition always equalize or win in the last minute, has happened in every away game ive played so far and im 18 games in, any advice?

Hi mate,
The main problem I am having is conceding too many goals, so I will win 1 game 6-4 for example then get beat the next one 5-4 or draw 4-4
though i see the underdog tactic has been released into the OP this might suit my team better
What team are you?
Try the underdog tactic out :)
If you're still conceding like crazy, then we'll give it a more thorough look.

tactic works great, but i have alot of trouble on away games, whenever i need to use the underdog tactic i cant win away always draw conceding 2-3 goals a game, and even when im winning, the opposition always equalize or win in the last minute, has happened in every away game ive played so far and im 18 games in, any advice?
Hmm, that's strange.
With regards to conceding in the last minute, feel free to make a third tactic which sets the mentality to defensive. Might help since the last minute conceding doesn't seem to be from the tactic, I think it would potentially come from the lack of mental attributes of your players.
As for conceding a lot, try to put your training on teamwork. Worked wonders for me, especially when bad form kicks in.

What team are you?
Try the underdog tactic out :)
If you're still conceding like crazy, then we'll give it a more thorough look.

Hmm, that's strange.
With regards to conceding in the last minute, feel free to make a third tactic which sets the mentality to defensive. Might help since the last minute conceding doesn't seem to be from the tactic, I think it would potentially come from the lack of mental attributes of your players.
As for conceding a lot, try to put your training on teamwork. Worked wonders for me, especially when bad form kicks in.

ill try that, thanks! great tactic overall though :)

trying the underdog tactic atm with a very weak english BSS team

7 won 2 draws 4 lost after 13 games, amazing result for how weak the team really is

very good tactic

thanks for the tip ! It's honor to be requested to write my 2nd season.
I started 2nd season and many new arrivals so I'm also setting match prep. as "team work"..
I really lucked out to see your post before starting new season..
Actually, I wanted to change attack. corner setpiece so I first made set-piece and then convert it to classic and copy your & satorox's tactics and I think this is working well so far.
How did you do the set piece and change it to classic.. or maybe upload your current version here so i download

How did you do the set piece and change it to classic.. or maybe upload your current version here so i download

in classic tactic, "lurk outside" cannot be for more than 2 players.. fm2012, there was a way to do that but in fm13 there's no way in classic tactic so I first do setpiece setting in general tactic and then convert it to classic tactic and then copy these tactics from teams instructions to individual settings.. Here's these

View attachment 340974

View attachment 340975

STL : Attack near post
LB/RB : stay back
others : lurk outside

so it is easy to change for whatever you want. cheers !

Last edited: