longshadow

Reaction score
Anyone else finding extremely difficult to sell players at the start of the game?

I'm with Tottenham and i wanted to free some space and wage budget for my upcoming singings.
So, i decided to offer to other clubs 2 players...Jenas and King.

Jenas market value is 5 mil. euros, I'm asking for 1.8...

King's value is 6.25 mil, I' m asking for 2....

No offers!!....nothing!!
What else there is to do??...Drop even lower??...Give them for free??

I think that in fm2010 I would have had some (if not many) offers with these prices, or is it my idea??.

Anyone else has noticed this "change"??

Offer them for free usually attracts offers.

However, I imagine they have big wages so teams that are interested may not be able to afford them.

...or nobody wants them. It's simple, really.

I know the feeling you start with a club goto dump all the fringe players to make a decent transfer kitty and they just sit there unwanted - These players would be 1st teamers in other teams but nothing

And seriously why is near EVERY offer a loan (Future possible Fee) we want the finances now not "Maybe" in one year "If" they decide to keep them it sucks :(

I have had the same probblem with spurs too, I offered Hutton, Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar and Keane to teams and i only recieved loan offers for Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar and Hutton but no transfer bids at all.

yes i think so
i decided to sell puyol who worth more than 11 mil at just 7 mil but no one offered for him.
i think the clubs just looking for young and talented player. for instance chelsea bought neymar as 27 mil dollar and sisoko who play for a french club 20 mil.
but no one interested to pay some money for some older but good players.

I dropped my asking price for Jenas to the ridiculous amount of 300.000 euros and still no offers!!! :O:S

Well, that's not very realistic, don't you think??
There's not a single team in Europe that wants to grab a player like Jenas at such a low price?....It's unbelievable!! :(

I managed to sell Rosicky for 7.75M so I don't get why this happens to you :p

I offered them both FOR FREE and still no club made an "offer"...:O :O :O

I find this ridiculous...
I wanted to be the manager of a club, not just a coach of an already formed squad...:S

Miles Jacobson said this will only occur in the first season. I still think it's silly, though.
You could get at least a million initially for Jenas on loan if you negotiated with the team wanting the loan and asked for that money.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Miles Jacobson said this will only occur in the first season. I still think it's silly, though.
You could get at least a million initially for Jenas on loan if you negotiated with the team wanting the loan and asked for that money.

it's ridiculous.
i cant sell my player in liverpool. jovanovic, kuyt , johnsen, ... i dont know why this version gets worse than be better

As Long as they're already wanted by a team 99 times out of 100 someone will put a bid in or (frustratingly) put a loan offer in!
As for offering players who arent "wanted" they obviously wont have offers for them.. as it states they arent wanted by a club.

sometimes, when the contract runs for a long time, this happens. I wanted to sell Rooney (well, I'm an emotional man utd fan :)) and there was no offer, even at 1m pounds. So I waited till his contract was near expiring, and treated him like ****. Finally, Real Madrid came. Got 55m!!!!

yeah, difficult to sell players. to the guy who sold rosicky for >7m, what did you do? in my game, rosicky just left after his contract ended.

I dont really find it any difficult to sell my players, sold all the ones I have wanted to get rid of, for a good price usually ^^

If I wanna sell a player, i usually insult him a lot. I demote him to the reserves, tell him his training was bad, et cetera. Since you won't be wanting to sell a player important to the team, this will work, otherwise the whole team gets ****** and demands you explain your actions.

Then, try to sell him.

Another thing to do is offer a new contract, then negotiate for dirt low wages so that the agent gets ****** off. Do this enough times and he'll tell you his client does not want to sign a new contract. Try offering him now.

If you *really* want to sell the player, just freaking create a new manager and freaking offload him to the new guy. Only if you *REALLY*.

I manage lower leauge so usually the guys I want to get rid of are **** but what I think is funny is when you offer players to clubs and then get no offers with the advice being "perhaps if you transfer listed him" - as if I'm just seeing what he's worth.

I am spurs also and I am finding it impossible to sell players too! Surely this needs to be sorted in the patch?

Im spurs as well Pavs, jenas, Keane, krancar and o'hara all offered for free and no takers :/