To me buying and selling is fun keeps game going...

I'm in jan in my second season with United and I'm having this problem. I've tried dropping Fletchers down to 2.5 and still no one will buy him, he was valued at 10m when I first listed him.

The only players I've been able to sell are :

Lucas-5.5m (Summer 2010)
Poulsen-4m (January 2011)
N'Gog-4.2m (January 2011)

The only players I've been able to sell are :

Lucas-5.5m (Summer 2010)
Poulsen-4m (January 2011)
N'Gog-4.2m (January 2011)

Im spurs in Feb 2011 and havent sold one player, cant even get loan to buys!!!! Tried selling Crouch, Keane, Jenas and Bentley, no interest

For those having trouble selling good players: are you playing them regularly in your first team and are they performing well? If not, that may put clubs off, along with their wage demands, which will put most clubs off, regardless of the price you are offering them out for.

this will be interesting as i am on the verge of promotion in my 1st season with norwich, wage budget is tight and fringe/reserve team players are really going to prevent me from signing others, that could help me stay in the premier league, al be it a hard task.

Arsenal game, couldn't sell:

Denilson - free
Bendtner - 1 m
Rosicky - only taken once I lowered the price to 0 and paid about 90% of his salary.

I totally agree you shouldn't be able to sell anyone at any time, makes it a challenge, but I can't even give young, talented, reasonable-salary players away.

Arsenal game, couldn't sell:

Denilson - free
Bendtner - 1 m
Rosicky - only taken once I lowered the price to 0 and paid about 90% of his salary.

I totally agree you shouldn't be able to sell anyone at any time, makes it a challenge, but I can't even give young, talented, reasonable-salary players away.
i had an extremely hard time selling denilson but eventually sold him for 8 mil ..after trying to offload him for free first season...what i have observed is that players who you know no one will buy should not be kept on transfer list for long without offering them to clubs...try selling these players as early in the transfer window or even before it starts (i did right after my cl final) if you have similar players with similar values but with different ratings (denilson rosicky) then offer the lower rep player first even in real time cause if you do the other, no ones intrested in the other player ....you could also lower a players asking price and then wait once teams get interested depending on the team offer the player and raise your price(fabianski 4 million)...and lastly if you are trying to sell one of your better players offer them but untick the not needed transfer list option...(got 20 million + for chamakh second season)and when they are considering their contracts change squad status to not needed ...this is for players who want to stay at your club..otherwise they will just reject the offer...hope this helps :)

I'm not having any trouble with selling players at all, I'm using Bristol Rovers and two of my players have now left for what the media have called inflated fees.

I've offered to give away one of my strikers because he's getting on. He's only £250 a week and League 1 clubs say they cannot afford him because he isn't value for money...

I offered Torres in the 3rd season for 12million, no offers. Although I kept Torres on and he started banging them in again :)

Then the offers come and your not sure you want to sell him, right? Been down that road hundreds of times...

HERE'S THE TRICK

I use Spurs too. (currently 3rd season)

sold Palacios, Jenas, Naughton, Dos Santos & Keane on the first season,

sold Woodgate, Cudicini, Hutton & Gallas on the second season

sold King, Bentley & Pav on the thrid season

...not much of a Spurs team now obviously

but the core thing is to place as much player on sale as possible in one go and place them as Not Needed by Clubs on the Transfer Status. Set them as Transfer Listed with unspecified sum and Loan status as Unavailable. Yes at most times they will offer fee slightly lower than the market value but hey if you are down the same route like me, with the money you got from the players sold plus the given transfer money from board, you just get yourself enough dough to add 2 to 3 quality players in your team in exchange.
And of course, that does not resolve your offer just like I did with Keane in my first season, I just offered to clubs with a lower fee with "Not Needed by Club" status, that status should be enough to attract one or two clubs given that he is good enough for a lot of teams.

Players like Keane might as for a weekly fee as a compensation till the end of his contract as they move to a lower-rep club, but they usually cost just as much as a rotation or backup player. Get the transfer dough and buy someone better!

Anyone else finding extremely difficult to sell players at the start of the game?

I'm with Tottenham and i wanted to free some space and wage budget for my upcoming singings.
So, i decided to offer to other clubs 2 players...Jenas and King.

Jenas market value is 5 mil. euros, I'm asking for 1.8...

King's value is 6.25 mil, I' m asking for 2....

No offers!!....nothing!!
What else there is to do??...Drop even lower??...Give them for free??

I think that in fm2010 I would have had some (if not many) offers with these prices, or is it my idea??.

Anyone else has noticed this "change"??

/Agreed.

I've offered Babel for NOTHING, Maxi for 2M, Aquilani for 5M, El Zhar & Degen for nothing, Jovanovic for 1M and no offers at all. Just loans.

oh and O'Hara on the first season too.

pretty much double up my transfer money in the beginning of the game to 50sth mil.

The clubs transfer budgets are very low first season. If you want money for a player wait until the following years transfer budgets are set and then try and sel them. Of course you cant offload a 10mil player first year on high wages as very few teams have money to spend and they are unlikely to improve the teams that do. Its much more realistic. As for being offered players on the cheap, that is a different story!

Same problem here. Used to wheel-and-deal alot in FM10, but that's quite impossible in FM11. Just finished my 3rd season with Leverkusen, and still haven't got rid of Rolfes. He rejected a Porto contract after being there on loan for half a season, playing every match. When he returned he said in the media he would like a permanent move to Porto. oO)

This is extremely annoying. My squad is entirely too large at the end of the first season after signing a bunch of youngsters. Now I simply cannot sell anyone to raise transfer budget... I'm not sure how anyone has managed to continue through multiple seasons. Summer signings are the lifeblood of this game!!!

Yeah, I think they wanted to simulate the financial crisis so clubs now have smaller budgets but it went a bit too far. It's quite challenging though. You have no choice but release players so you have to be cautious about handing long-term contracts to players. Contract extensions are much harder as well so everything adds up to making the game more challenging.

I tried really hard to get rid of Balotelli from Man C cos he's a moany f**ker. I tried to sell him for just less than £10m but there were no offers. Imagine that in real life? The queues would be out the door!

For my Hull team I tried selling half the team in the first season cos I've nowt to spend. No offers at all for the likes of Garcia, Fagan, Halmosi, Bullard (who's on 40k a week). Very frustrating.

That said, players are a little cheaper to buy in FM11.

Its realistic there is no money about at the moment.
When was the last time Manchester United spent any serious money?
Transfers now are becoming uncommon compared to a few years ago.