Yeah it is pretty difficult to sell player, its something that they will have to look at in the patch, I have been lucky enough to sell downing and carew for a combined price of 8.5million and sold petrov for 3.3 million but thats where my luck runs out, I've been trying to sell heskey, sidwell, guzan from the start of the game and still havn't recouped any money from them, There is a bit of value in the transfer market though if you look for it, which may be some consolation !

I can't sell any of my players too!! FM 10 was waaaay more realistic!:'(

Jon25 said:
Its an absolute joke isnt it!!! Hardly realistic!!!!!

I would hardly call it "realistic" to dump all your unused squad players for millions each to Lyon Reserves like we could in FM2010, but I agree it's pretty tough to sell even for cheap. I did easily sell some players who were "wanted" however.

Has anybody had the same problem in the second season and beyond? Most teams have way lower first season transfer budgets and basically every team already has a handful of new additions to the squad. The AI shouldn't buy too many players at the start of the game especially when the overwhelming majority of teams have less than 1 mil budget for the first season. I suspect it's way easier in the second season, I hope to finish my season later today so I'll see if I can get rid of some of my guys.

I would hardly call it "realistic" to dump all your unused squad players for millions each to Lyon Reserves like we could in FM2010, but I agree it's pretty tough to sell even for cheap.

I completely agree with what your saying, in FM2010 it was very easy to get alot for players who maybe werent worth that much, but i feel that if you are selling quality players you should at least be able to sell them for what they are worth, minimum. And people are offering quality players for free and still not getting any interest!

I'm trying to sell Robbie Keane from Spurs. Liverpool were the only club that wanted him, they offered £6.75million.. 1 mill upfront, the rest over 48 months!

The loan thing is ridiculous. I'm offering established players like Malouda, Kalou, Alex for really cheap and every single club comes up with the same ****** loan offer. :mad:
And when i offer my youngsters on loan, there are no takers:S

The loan thing is ridiculous. I'm offering established players like Malouda, Kalou, Alex for really cheap and every single club comes up with the same ****** loan offer. :mad:
And when i offer my youngsters on loan, there are no takers:S

I had people want Bassong on loan when I wanted him sold.
So I made them pay me his full asking price upfront, they didnt, they offered me 2.6mill upfront instead of 4mill, better than nothing though!

Miles Jacobson said this will only occur in the first season. I still think it's silly, though.
You could get at least a million initially for Jenas on loan if you negotiated with the team wanting the loan and asked for that money.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Miles Jacobson said this will only occur in the first season. I still think it's silly, though.
You could get at least a million initially for Jenas on loan if you negotiated with the team wanting the loan and asked for that money.

This. I offered Kevin Kyle for £675K is my 2nd season and everyone snapped at him. It defo changes when you reach the 2nd season.

I'm in my third season now, and it seems that the way to get offers quickly for players is either:
1. player is u/23
2. has played at least 6-8 first team games during the season.
A few examples...
just sold gosling(u/23,1 app),williamson(8 apps), tiote(20 apps 16 as sub), but can' get offers for nolan(3 apps as sub) best(0 apps) R.Taylor (0 apps).
Hopefully someone could verify...

I offered Torres in the 3rd season for 12million, no offers, same with Aquilani and Poulsen, can't get rid. Although I kept Torres on and he started banging them in again :)

It's realistic. You're only going to sell the players if they're affordable or quality. I'd rather the game were like this than like LMA Manager used to be. If you put someone on the transfer list you got 5 offers instantly. This is quality realism as clubs really don't have the money at times

It's pretty realistic, this summer Premier league clubs spending was down on previous years.

The tranfer system has been completely revamped to make it more realistic.
I'm currently Aberdeen and my theory is that the "Sellabilty" of a player is now more of a factor than cost etc.
Eg. I sold Andrew Considine - 23yr old Centre Back on £800 per week for £25000. He's a decent young player and easily an effective purchase for a lesser championship side in England. So the way I look at it he's young, cheap and wage isn't a big deal, he can be developed and sold on for profit.
Where-as
I'm trying to sell Paul Hartley, Experienced but 34 yrs old and on £3500 a week and has a £70000 valuation.
He'd be great for a smaller team full of younger inexperienced players but he's going to cost too much for a team that can only afford to play younger players. He's too old and an uneccesary purchase for another SPL team or Championship or League 1 team, his best years are behind him and in the centre midfield role he plays in he'd struggle.
Compared to FM2010, FM2011 seems to have improved on the transfer market. Making it more reaslistic and making "computer" teams smarter and unwilling to purchase player thats financially unviable.

Yep, not easy. For the decent players in my experience they're quite easy to sell though.

What is more difficult though, is to find loan moves for good players who are 20/21 to other PL teams or Champ teams.

Im in pre-season(2011/2012) and I have yet to sell a player. I offered Nani and no one placed a bid on him .
What should I do?

yeah, Im Liverpool and eventually I had to settle to get players on loan because i had no money to buy them, I even got robbie fowler on loan haha

Im United and i started by trying to sell carrick, park, brown and kuzack (cant spell his name:p).... Every offer was a loan offer so if you get that just change the staus of your player for unavailable to loan..Chelsea were interseted in Carrick and it came up that there interested (willingily to sell him or sell him at the right price) i chose sell at the right price, spoke to carlo a few times through the press and hey presto they make a bid of 13mill up front. I then got an offer for park from villa for 5.5....i wanted 7 because he was worth 5.5 and i wanted a bit more so i rejected it and got some interest from ac milan....with them on the prowl villa snapped park up for 6.75 and 20% of the next sale. so i made my seven with him. as for brown and kuzack...they were alot harder to sell:mad:...Kuzack i eventually let go to barcelona on loan for 2 million up front and a future fee of 2 million....Still got brown unfortunately but theres been interest from birmingham and sunderland so maybe in janurary:)

i started with not allowing transfer budget in the first window so i dont know if it so diificult to offload a player.But why are u all desperate to sell these players?

With Jenas you need to set as availiable for loan when making the offer. I had the same problem but once i offered with him availiable for loan, everton took him on loan with an option to buy for 4 mill. at least if he plays elsewhere you might sell him next summer.

I offered Torres in the 3rd season for 12million, no offers, same with Aquilani and Poulsen, can't get rid. Although I kept Torres on and he started banging them in again :)

Who wouldnt buy torres for 12 million????? I feel that buying and selling players is one of the main things that makes FM so fun, but if you cant sell then you cant buy, simples. I really hope something is done about this in the patch because for me its making the game alot less fun.