[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

Going well so far! and nice to see Shrewsbury up in the Championship!

View attachment 1126308
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR TOFFEES
View attachment 84825

Everton will be going into 2038 sitting pretty at the top of the Championship following back-toback wins to close out 2037

December got off to an inauspicious start for the Goodison Park club as they drew 0-0 at home to Wolves before losing 4-3 away at Derby, despite leading 3-1 with only 25 minutes to go

They rebounded with a 2-1 win against Sheffield United as well as a hard-earned 1-1 draw away to QPR

These results set Everton up nicely for a 3-0 win at home to Crystal Palace on Boxing Day and a 1-0 win away to Ipswich 2 days later
View attachment 84824

View attachment 84786
TOFFEES RAID HIBS
View attachment 84784

Ex Hibs manager Matthew Hawkins has returned to Easter Road this month, and left with 3 of his former stars in a stunning start to the transfer window

The Edinburgh club currently sit second in the Scottish Premiership with 3 more joining outgoing stars Lewis Wilkes, Ashley Lake, Robert Martinka and Daniel Frolich in leaving the club

Frolich's strike partner Johannes Radschuweit was first to join the Toffees, leaving Hibernian for £7m

Radschuweit, 20, was brought to Hibs by Hawkins from Leverkusen for £7.5m, with the signing of the then 18 year old a stunning statement of intent

The German went on to be a key part of Hawkins' success with Hibs, scoring a stunning 69 goals in 106 appearances in all competitions, with 48 of those coming in 76 league appearances
View attachment 84783

Next up, transfer listed star Christopher Findlay, who's joined Everton for £1.1m

The Scottish international was another brought to the club by Hawkins, who was impressed by the 1 time Ireland international after he'd made 133 league appearances for boyhood club Ross County by the age of 22

Findlay made 54 league appearances for Hibs, with 16 of them coming this season despite being transfer listed
View attachment 84782

Last to leave was Andy Davidson, who's joined Everton for £1.6m

The Irish midfielder was also brought to the club by Hawkins, joining from Dundalk for £650,000 and he quickly become a first team regular, racking up 84 league appearances for the club

The Dundak born midfielder has also impressed on an international level, making 3 appearances for Ireland
View attachment 84781

Nice, always good to see you take back some players from an old club.

View attachment 1126382
HAWKINS LOOKS ABROAD FOR TALENT
View attachment 84761

Everton have today announced the signings of foreign duo Benjamin Usardi and Salvatore Vitolo as they look to strengthen their squad as they go hunting promotion

The young duo have been signed from two of Europe's top clubs and were on the radars of Premier League clubs before the Toffees swooped

First up is Benjamin Usardi, who's joined from FC Basel for £8m

The versatile 18 year old, who can play in midfield as well as at right back, is one of Switzerland's hottest talents and has made 4 appearances for the national side despite his tender age

He also made 24 league appearances for Basel, where he sufficiently caught the eye of Everton's scouts
View attachment 84760

Also joining the Toffees is Italian Under 21 international Salvatore Vitolo

3 years Usardi's senior, Vitolo has seen his career stagnate following loan spells with FC Groningen and Sampdoria as he was unable to force his way into a star-studded Internazionale team

The transfer listed star was picked up by Everton at a cut price of £14m and the Italian will be looking to make his impact on Merseyside
View attachment 84759

View attachment 84757
O'NEIL TO FILL NGIAMBA'S GLOVES
View attachment 84756

Incoming goalkeeper Colin O'Neil has vowed to "fill the gloves" of outgoing keeper, Regis Ngiamba

Frenchman Ngiamba joined Swansea City for £7.25m after the Welsh club matched is release clause, following Simo Matsi out of the door at Goodsion Park, with the Finnish international joining Brighton for £11m

Ngiamba made 100 league appearances over 6 years for Everton after joining from Villarreal for £13m, but O'Neil has vowed to be "just as good" following his £6.5m move from West Ham

The Scottish international made just 6 Premier League appearances for the Hammers following his move from Raith Rovers at 19

The Scotland Number 1 joins the Toffees top of the league and seemingly sailing into the Premier League where they won each Championship game before being knocked out of the FA Cup narrowly at Sunderland
View attachment 84755

FEBRUARY
View attachment 84753
The squad is set, let's do this!

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Luton Town 1-1 Everton
View attachment 84752
Read, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce 47, O'Connell, Vitolo (Usardi 69), Palanca, Cazzaniga

I gave their goalscorer his debut at Newcastle

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 3-1 Blackburn Rovers
View attachment 84751
Read, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Cross, O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 63), Palanca, Cazzaniga (Radschuweit 68)

Well, SOMEONE had their Weetabix

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Cardiff City 1-3 Everton
View attachment 84750
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell (Taylor 65), Vitolo, Palanca (Winter 65), Cazzaniga (Talbot 65)

We should have scored a lot more, teenager Steve Taylor got his debut

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 2-0 Shrewsbury Town
View attachment 84749
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 74), Palanca, Dalton (Talbot 74)

A solid win over Salop

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Sunderland 0-3 Everton
View attachment 84748
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, Taylor (Cazzaniga 67), Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

Revenge is sweet

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 4-0 Reading
View attachment 84747
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak (Cross 61), Joyce (Usardi 61), Taylor, Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

Bob also consumed his Weetabix (Other cereals are available)

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 84746
All but promoted

MARCH
View attachment 84710
Almost up

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Huddersfield Town 2-1 Everton
View attachment 84709
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, Taylor, Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton (Cazzaniga 55)

Two shots on target, you know the drill

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 6-0 Birmingham City
View attachment 84708
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce (Usardi 60), O'Connell, Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

Well, that's one way to respond. Birmingham were third when we kicked off and it just goes to show how much better we are than the rest of the division

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Hull City 0-2 Everton
View attachment 84707
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

Promotion? Completed it mate

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 2-0 Nottingham Forest
View attachment 84706
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 82), Palanca, Dalton

Bob Dalton has really hit form recently, I like that

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 84705
UP

Great to see a Premier League giant making a return.

Out of curiosity, where are Rotherham in this universe? In some games I see them make the Premier League but would be interesting to see how they fared here after 30 years

Pfft, made it look easy.

I'm intrigued to see how well your results tend to go - most of those players you signed don't look up to much to me. But what do I know. Enjoy the TV money over the summer!

Great to see a Premier League giant making a return.

Out of curiosity, where are Rotherham in this universe? In some games I see them make the Premier League but would be interesting to see how they fared here after 30 years
Rotherham have just been promoted back up to the Championship after winning League 1, they've been a yo-yo club between the Championship and League 1 for the whole save

Pfft, made it look easy.

I'm intrigued to see how well your results tend to go - most of those players you signed don't look up to much to me. But what do I know. Enjoy the TV money over the summer!
Haha

Most of the players I bought were just squad fillers/backups who I only really signed because I was scared of big clubs coming for my players (which didn't really happen, surprisingly, despite offering some out), the only first teamers being Vitolo and O'Neil (who didn't have to do much because the existing defence was so good). The results really improved after I stopped messing around with tactics and settled on a 4-2-3-1, I stopped switching strikers and gave Dalton a run in the team and he just found consistency which was good for us as he just started banging in goals left, right and centre

APRIL
View attachment 84664
I want a trophy

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Coventry City 2-3 Everton
View attachment 84663
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce (Cross 69), O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 69), Palanca, Dalton

Coventry gave us a scare early on but we still came through with relative ease

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 2-0 Barnsley
View attachment 84662
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce (Cross 68), O'Connell (Taylor 68), Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

We played out what was essentially a trining session in front of a full crowd at Goodison Park

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Everton
View attachment 84661
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak (Usardi 68), Joyce, O'Connell (Taylor 68), Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton

We took over 5,000 to Molineux! I've been to Molineux and I have no idea where the **** they put them

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 3-0 Derby County
View attachment 84660
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 62), Palanca, Dalton

All over by half-time, just the way I like it

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Sheffield United 3-2 Everton
View attachment 84659
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Peate, MacLean, Usardi, Young, Taylor, Woods, Winter, Morgan
A team full of youngsters did surprisingly well away at promotion chasing Sheffield United

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 84658
I got my trophy

MAY
View attachment 84619
Title procession

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 3-0 Ipswich Town
View attachment 84618
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo, Palanca, Dalton (Cazzaniga 21)

With this we broke the club record for most wins and points in a season, not bad

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Crystal Palace 1-1 Everton
View attachment 84617
O'Neil, Ecott, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Vitolo (Woods 58), Palanca, Cazzaniga

Who cares?

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 84616
Champions.

View attachment 1126711
HEALY JOINS HAWKINS' REVOLUTION
View attachment 84471

Right back Conor Healy has today joined Everton for a fee of £7m

The Irish international has arrived on Merseyside from recently relegated Bournemouth, with Everton activating the 25 year old's relegation release clause

Healy, born in Romford, has 11 caps for Ireland and has appeared for Ipswich Town, Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa and Bournemouth after leaving Arsenal, with whom he came through the ranks

Everton have acted decisively in snapping up Healy following the departures of right backs Sam Ecott and Cian Lally, who both refused to sign new deals with the Toffees

Lally has retired from football whilst 33 year old Ecott has signed a one year deal with Bournemouth
View attachment 84470

View attachment 84423
DEFENCE CENTRE OF ATTENTION AT GOODISON
View attachment 84422

On a busy day at Goodison Park, recently promoted Everton have brought in not 1, not 2, but 3 central defenders

First up is a big name and long time target of Hawkins' in Steven Orr, who's joined the club from Hibernian for a steal at £13m

The Scottish defender of course worked under Hawkins at Hibs, winning 3 consecutive Scottish Cup titles with the Tranent born superstar an integral part of his side

Orr had received admiring glances from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City but Everton acted decisively in signing the 26 time Scottish international
View attachment 84420

The second player in was Benjamin Fradin, who's joined on a free transfer from AS Monaco

Fradin, 28, was approached by the Toffees in January with the player, then on loan at Sevilla, running down his deal with the French giants

Fradin has played in a variety of nations and leagues, making 257 appearances spanning France, Belgium, England and Spain, playing for Nice, Angers, Anderlecht, Monaco, Brentford, Bordeaux, Malaga and Sevilla
View attachment 84419

Last but not least is Halldor Andresson, who's also been brought in on a free

The 18 year old centre back has earned rave reviews in his homeland of Iceland with the 6ft 4in defender already making appearances for Stjarnan in the Iceland top flight

The teenager also made appearances in the Europa League and promises plenty for his new club
View attachment 84418

View attachment 1126809
MERSEY BECOMES GEORDIE SHORE
View attachment 84389

Merseyside has taken heed of Geordie Shore as Everton have brought in 2 players from Newcastle United for a combined fee of £20m, both of whom were brought to the club by Toffees manager Matthew Hawkins

The first signing made was that of John Jackson for a fee of £10m

Jackson, 23, joined the Geordie side from Aberdeen for just £2.2m in 2033 and had an immediate impact, making 9 appearances from January to May, bagging a memorable debut winner at Old Trafford in the League Cup Semi Final

Jackson's first team opportunities have been limited since Hawkins left Newcastle, with the 11 time Scottish international spending time on loan at Stoke and Watford
View attachment 84387

The second signing was that of James King, another Hawkins old boy, for a fee of £10m

King, also 23, was bought by Hawkins for £2.5m from Huddersfield Town in 2031 and made a few appearances early on but since Hawkins left has found himself on loan at Swansea City, making 75 league appearances over 3 seasons for The Swans

The Yorkshireman has made just 24 league appearances for the Magpies since Hawkins left and was said to be dying to get out of Newcastle
View attachment 84386