inter milan v barcelona 2nd leg

I can't believe people feel like the second goal should have stood.

Did you see where it landed once it hit his arm? Yes, it would usually be ball-to-hand, but because it set up a goalscoring opportunity, which wouldn't have come about otherwise, it was given as handball, and rightfully so.

Jose Mourinho is a legend though. He's tactically brilliant against the big teams.

I can't believe people feel like the second goal should have stood.

Did you see where it landed once it hit his arm? Yes, it would usually be ball-to-hand, but because it set up a goalscoring opportunity, which wouldn't have come about otherwise, it was given as handball, and rightfully so.

Jose Mourinho is a legend though. He's tactically brilliant against the big teams.

He´s a good manager yes, but hardly tactically brilliant imo. I´ve watched every single Inter Champions League match and it´s always been the same against any team. 1st half they play on counter focusing on defending and closing down early so that the oppisiton gets tired. Shortly into the 2nd half they play extremely attacking (same happens when Inter concede a goal), overwhelming the opposition, that by then is too tired out from running against a wall in the previous half to get back into the game if they fall behind. It was also obvious that they´d play absolute defense in the 2nd leg after having won the 1st.
So i can´t really see the genious here, only a whole lot of managers that apparently don´t know how to make tactical analysis from the team they´re playing against.

He´s a good manager yes, but hardly tactically brilliant imo. I´ve watched every single Inter Champions League match and it´s always been the same against any team. 1st half they play on counter focusing on defending and closing down early so that the oppisiton gets tired. Shortly into the 2nd half they play extremely attacking (same happens when Inter concede a goal), overwhelming the opposition, that by then is too tired out from running against a wall in the previous half to get back into the game if they fall behind. It was also obvious that they´d play absolute defense in the 2nd leg after having won the 1st.
So i can´t really see the genious here, only a whole lot of managers that apparently don´t know how to make tactical analysis from the team they´re playing against.
i wouldn say he was a genius, but he very good tactically, and he did more than enough to out play pep. as brilliantly as barcas squad is, they lacked the thing that would have won them the game, a big strong aerial centreforward ( and no zlatan doesnt count, for man that big he hardly competes in the air). inter went deep and narrow, and even though barca stretched their play, they just attacked back in through the middle, where inter were strongest, what they really needed was to go wide and whip crosses onto the head of someone.and its wasnt until to late in the game that messi started going wider and crossing that they put them under real pressure.

i said it at the start of the season. the deal for zlatan was one of the worst transfers dealing ive seen in a while. inter mugged barca

I know this may sound crazy, but in some ways I think Pepe Guardiola maybe should have considered not starting Lionel Messi because any manager (i'm sure Mourinho included) when playing Barcelona will focus on stopping Xavi, the pass master, linking up with Messi. This would completley ruin Mourinho's tactical approach to the game.

I know this may sound crazy, but in some ways I think Pepe Guardiola maybe should have considered not starting Lionel Messi because any manager (i'm sure Mourinho included) when playing Barcelona will focus on stopping Xavi, the pass master, linking up with Messi. This would completley ruin Mourinho's tactical approach to the game.

It does sound crazy mate. What have you been on?

Yeah lol, but if you watched the game, Messi didn't/couldn't really contribute (even with his abilities), if you stuck Bojan on the right, he will be percieved as much less of a threat. Also, if you notice the ball is always floating to the right hand side where Messi plays, if you put Bojan there, you can float it everywhere, maybe imposing a little more damage. Bojan is certainly more than capable of causing any defence problems.

yeah but what person wasnt going to play messi that night. He is the best player alive. So he has to play

That's my point though. I think Guardiola should have put that fact aside because if you looked at the team sheet and didn't see Messi on it, you'd be shocked. However, when you really think about it, putting Bojan there is going to open up that right hand side a lot more because Mourinho's plans for Messi wouldn't really be relevant anymore.

That's my point though. I think Guardiola should have put that fact aside because if you looked at the team sheet and didn't see Messi on it, you'd be shocked. However, when you really think about it, putting Bojan there is going to open up that right hand side a lot more because Mourinho's plans for Messi wouldn't really be relevant anymore.

If Barca didnt play messi and lost, How many people would of said, " It is becuase he didnt play messi" "if messi would of played it would of been different"
"peps going mad"

And whos to say Jose isnt smart enough to change something there and then.

it is like in 2003 when utd played madrid and had to win 2-0 to go through, Fergie Dropped Beckham, we won 4-3 but becks came on and scored 2. So many people said to me, if becks would of started you would of gone through, But the reality is Ole scored on the right, Beckhams first goal he nicked off the line from Veron.

So not playing messi wouldnt of shocked Jose loads, he would of just adapted slightly to change it.

Hmm, maybe your right, but in the back of my mind I still would think that Jose would need to do a bit more adapting than a quick talk and change because he's the best player in the world. Knowing Jose, he probably spent all week thinking about it.

Btw - Darren Fletcher is one of the best midfielders in the premiership :p

I think the mistake Guardiola made was with his tactics before the game like not starting with Maxwell and attacking LB and also for not even thinking about bringing Henry on during the 2nd half. Henry has been poor no doubt this season, but he did score the game before. Also with regards to the Messi comments I think Messi should have definitely started, but maybe a little wider so he could stretch Inter's defence.

Hmm, I think starting Maxwell would have been too risky tbh, they only played three in defence and Snejider's long balls can hurt you, especially when Eto'o is on the end of them.