Inter Milan v Tottenham Hotspur [20/10/10 - 19:45 ITV]

His avatar goes with his rants he actually sounds like William from the inbetweeners

i agree with that, but why shouldnt be allowed to be happy with that respectability. once it dies down they will realise how much better they well need to be at the back in the return fixture, but for tonight let them have their moment

I haven't said that they shouldn't be happy with the respectability of the result. All I was pointing out was that the actual performance left a lot to be desired. If I was in their position (which sadly I will never ever be in :() I would have taken that scoreline before the game!

I haven't said that they shouldn't be happy with the respectability of the result. All I was pointing out was that the actual performance left a lot to be desired. If I was in their position (which sadly I will never ever be in :() I would have taken that scoreline before the game!

Why would you take a loss before the game oO)

You're being harsh on the fightback. We all agree the first 15 minutes were nightmarishly bad (or funny, depending on who you support). but to come back from 4-0 to 4-3 with ten men is still an achievement, regardless. No it doesnt cover the flaws, and Spurs must take ahard look at the first half issues, but its still something to be proud of.

I can't see how it's something to be proud of sorry, there's positives to take out of it sure but to be proud of it seems a bit much. If it was in the knockout stage then fair enough, I could see how this result would be significant. But at the end of the day they scored 3 goals (albeit with 10-men) against a good team who thought the game was long over.

I agree the first half performance was dire and yes Inter did sit back the second half but as everyone has said about the second half we could of let our heads drop even more and been on a real hiding but to hit three goals back even as madsheep has said its an achievement against the holders.

Our frailties were shown up against Young Boys but we are still here and are cherishing every moment of it as we might not get another chance. There does seem to be a jealousy amongst Liverpool fans who believe they have a god given right to be in this competition.

I'm not jealous at all, don't make assumptions. I'd hate for Liverpool to be in the CL this season, just think how embarresing it would be for us. :) But just because I have a level head and don't feel the need to touch myself because Bale scored a hat-trick doesn't mean I'm jealous.

Like the trolls of the forum like to say... It's my opinion, deal with it. ^^)

I don't think anyone would argue with that - I haven't seen anyone state how brilliant we were really, most are just very happy with the end score and Bale's second-half performance in particular. None of us have made any wild statements (unless I've missed them) saying we're now going to go on and clean up in Europe or in the league. But surely, we should at least be allowed to share a collective cheer for our own club in a thread about our own club?

The message I originally quoted implied Spurs played well, that's why I said it. I also never said you made any wild statements and were getting carried away with things. ;)

This thread isn't just about Tottenham though is it...

A few more people beggining to share the same point as me, And not all Arsenal fans! So my 'Biased' Opinion wasn't so biased after all!

Yeah we get it. Stop going on, either say something useful or don't say anything at all.

To be fair that was the first thing billy said about, and most sensible spurs fans on here agree with that. The fact that it ended the way it did is why they are celebrating.

I give up with this thread, remind me never to state my opinon in a thread ever again. No-one can ever just take my opion and say fair enough, has to be attacked but when it comes to a mod, they could say pratically what ever they want and not a word said. Rant over goodbye.

Finally. Don't let the common sense hit you on the way out.

I can't see how it's something to be proud of sorry, there's positives to take out of it sure but to be proud of it seems a bit much. If it was in the knockout stage then fair enough, I could see how this result would be significant. But at the end of the day they scored 3 goals (albeit with 10-men) against a good team who thought the game was long over.

I'm not jealous at all, don't make assumptions. I'd hate for Liverpool to be in the CL this season, just think how embarresing it would be for us. :) But just because I have a level head and don't feel the need to touch myself because Bale scored a hat-trick doesn't mean I'm jealous.

Like the trolls of the forum like to say... It's my opinion, deal with it. ^^)

The message I originally quoted implied Spurs played well, that's why I said it. I also never said you made any wild statements and were getting carried away with things. ;)

This thread isn't just about Tottenham though is it...

Yeah we get it. Stop going on, either say something useful or don't say anything at all.

This is why Lee gets the respect when debating. Take note Clarky.

Even though there's a possibilty we may get spanked at the Lane if Inter do what they did in the first-half, I believe Inter will be ******** bricks about Bale. We know we can score against them (3 in fact), so if our players have the balls to take them on (instead of hoping to get an autograph or two) we could give them a very good game at the Lane. Inter got four against Bremen too (who many think are a better team than us), but they didn't get anywhere near a fightback.

Tbh, it doesn't matter if we do lose twice to Inter - these two games are our glamour ties and a chance to learn from some of the best around. If we beat Bremen and Twente we're as good as through and if we don't, well, none of this matters too much if we don't re-qualify for the tournament anyaway. It's just an adventure for us atm -- until we've been in it for at least 3 years. Matching last year's fourth placed finish is our priority - or at least it should be.

Even though there's a possibilty we may get spanked at the Lane if Inter do what they did in the first-half, I believe Inter will be ******** bricks about Bale.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they doubled up and played Maicon in front of Zanetti on the left flank at WHL. It's an easy tactical switch, and one that would ensure Bale is more tightly marked.

The interesting one for me is the Spurs' right, with Lennon against Chivu. He consistently beat him tonight, and with Biabany/Coutinho not offering much defensive help, this battle, rather than the left wing, might be crucial. Again, Inter could try using Chivu in front of Zanetti, but then you leave yourselv vulnerable to Bale on the other side.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they doubled up and played Maicon in front of Zanetti on the left flank at WHL. It's an easy tactical switch, and one that would ensure Bale is more tightly marked.

The interesting one for me is the Spurs' right, with Lennon against Chivu. He consistently beat him tonight, and with Biabany/Coutinho not offering much defensive help, this battle, rather than the left wing, might be crucial. Again, Inter could try using Chivu in front of Zanetti, but then you leave yourselv vulnerable to Bale on the other side.
i'd go with santon in front of chivu, holding the left flank, but using the power of zanetti and maicon to overload down the right, almost attacking on a swivel, and most importantly forcing bale on the defensive

i'd go with santon in front of chivu, holding the left flank, but using the power of zanetti and maicon to overload down the right, almost attacking on a swivel, and most importantly forcing bale on the defensive

I think playing Eto'o on the right might even be a possibility, Zanetti just doesn't seem to have the pace to keep up with Bale if the come up against each other.

That seems like a good option, but it seems rather defensive. Essentially, you're playing four full-backs, although to be fair it is away in the Champions League. You're right, it probably is the best idea considering the resources.

I think playing Eto'o on the right might even be a possibility, Zanetti just doesn't seem to have the pace to keep up with Bale if the come up against each other.

Ooh, that'll be popular with old Samuel. :p Honestly, if he keeps his form up I wouldn't dare put him on the right.

That seems like a good option, but it seems rather defensive. Essentially, you're playing four full-backs, although to be fair it is away in the Champions League. You're right, it probably is the best idea considering the resources.

Ooh, that'll be popular with old Samuel. :p Honestly, if he keeps his form up I wouldn't dare put him on the right.
it is quite defensive. although he brought on pandev for chivu, so maybe he will come in and partole one of the flanks. I'd be loathe to move Eto'o if i was benitez, 14 in 14 now isnt it?

it is quite defensive. although he brought on pandev for chivu, so maybe he will come in and partole one of the flanks. I'd be loathe to move Eto'o if i was benitez, 14 in 14 now isnt it?

Depends how Benitez wants to play it really. If he's going for the win at WHL he'll likely want them pressing high up the pitch and with playing Eto'o on the flank (and Santon & Chivu on the other) would seem a lot more feasible than if it was Zanetti.

But that all depends on how much he trusts Pandev to play up top, because like you said those goals would be missed.

Does Van der Vaart also return for the WHL game as well, whole other problem for rafa if he does

Bale's first goal proved that Lee