Inter Milan v Tottenham Hotspur [20/10/10 - 19:45 ITV]

Ohh :S

Would sign him for about 15m no more than 20m though. Would have a potential resale value though, so Levy would like him
aye. any move would depend on LLorente wanting it badly as well

No-one will attack lees opinion although it is pratically the same as mine. Thats for sure.

At the end of the day, it's a European tour, Champions League and Spurs may not be playing in it in the coming season so you cherish results like these. It will certainly be a memorable result for Spurs fans, especially those who went to Milan.

But Spurs didn't play well and the scoreline is actually extremely flattering. The Spurs players managed a half decent performance in the second half but that was after Inter slowed down and just casually tried to play the game out. Even like this Inter still managed to dominate for long periods of the second half but just lacked the cutting edge from the first half.

Bale was impressive in the second half, brilliant first goal and a good second goal. Although the keeper probably should of saved his second goal and the Inter defense was just non existent for the third one. Tottenham will need to play a lot better if they expect to get anything other than a draw in the return fixture.

Cheer the amazing comeback as much as you like but don't let it fool you, Spurs' frailties were exposed tonight.

I agree the first half performance was dire and yes Inter did sit back the second half but as everyone has said about the second half we could of let our heads drop even more and been on a real hiding but to hit three goals back even as madsheep has said its an achievement against the holders.

Our frailties were shown up against Young Boys but we are still here and are cherishing every moment of it as we might not get another chance. There does seem to be a jealousy amongst Liverpool fans who believe they have a god given right to be in this competition.

Last edited:
But Spurs didn't play well and the scoreline is actually extremely flattering. The Spurs players managed a half decent performance in the second half but that was after Inter slowed down and just casually tried to play the game out. Even like this Inter still managed to dominate for long periods of the second half but just lacked the cutting edge from the first half.

Bale was impressive in the second half, brilliant first goal and a good second goal. Although the keeper probably should of saved his second goal and the Inter defense was just non existent for the third one. Tottenham will need to play a lot better if they expect to get anything other than a draw in the return fixture.

Cheer the amazing comeback as much as you like but don't let it fool you, Spurs' frailties were exposed tonight.
You're being harsh on the fightback. We all agree the first 15 minutes were nightmarishly bad (or funny, depending on who you support). but to come back from 4-0 to 4-3 with ten men is still an achievement, regardless. No it doesnt cover the flaws, and Spurs must take ahard look at the first half issues, but its still something to be proud of.

I don't think anyone would argue with that - I haven't seen anyone state how brilliant we were really, most are just very happy with the end score and Bale's second-half performance in particular. None of us have made any wild statements (unless I've missed them) saying we're now going to go on and clean up in Europe or in the league. But surely, we should at least be allowed to share a collective cheer for our own club in a thread about our own club?

You're being harsh on the fightback. We all agree the first 15 minutes were nightmarishly bad (or funny, depending on who you support). but to come back from 4-0 to 4-3 with ten men is still an achievement, regardless. No it doesnt cover the flaws, and Spurs must take ahard look at the first half issues, but its still something to be proud of.

Yes it's an achievement, but an achievement that only gains them respectability rather than any points. Opposing managers will look forward to facing Spurs having seen how effortlessly they were broken down in the first 15 minutes.

As for the comeback, Inter clearly dropped back and slowed the pace down giving Spurs more of a chance in the second half. Even then, their performance wasn't great, but a few moments of brilliance from the world class Bale makes the scoreline look reasonably good from a Spurs perspective. The result completely flattered them though, 4-1 was a fair reflection of the game in my opinion.

A few more people beggining to share the same point as me, And not all Arsenal fans! So my 'Biased' Opinion wasn't so biased after all!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Not if you read it in the context of the entire paragraph.

Just saying you said no one could argue with that, but several other spurs fans have argued with it continously

A few more people beggining to share the same point as me, And not all Arsenal fans! So my 'Biased' Opinion wasn't so biased after all!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Just saying you said no one could argue with that, but several other spurs fans have argued with it continously

You've made your point, now **** off. How many times you gonna repeat yourself.

Yes it's an achievement, but an achievement that only gains them respectability rather than any points. Opposing managers will look forward to facing Spurs having seen how effortlessly they were broken down in the first 15 minutes.

As for the comeback, Inter clearly dropped back and slowed the pace down giving Spurs more of a chance in the second half. Even then, their performance wasn't great, but a few moments of brilliance from the world class Bale makes the scoreline look reasonably good from a Spurs perspective. The result completely flattered them though, 4-1 was a fair reflection of the game in my opinion.
i agree with that, but why shouldnt be allowed to be happy with that respectability. once it dies down they will realise how much better they well need to be at the back in the return fixture, but for tonight let them have their moment

I don't think anyone would argue with that - I haven't seen anyone state how brilliant we were really, most are just very happy with the end score and Bale's second-half performance in particular. None of us have made any wild statements (unless I've missed them) saying we're now going to go on and clean up in Europe or in the league. But surely, we should at least be allowed to share a collective cheer for our own club in a thread about our own club?
I agree with that,we are just happy because we didn't lose 4-0 or more and obviously we need to improve our game if we want to make something in CL

It seems on this thread , comments are written for users specifically , and not for what they really think. Love to see you tell lee or another mod to **** off. didnt think so

Although maybe if you stopped banging on about it people might take more time reading and considering our opinions instead of replying to all your whiny and needless comments.

It seems on this thread , comments are written for users specifically , and not for what they really think. Love to see you tell lee or another mod to **** off. didnt think so

Has it occured to you we have more respect for Lee because he comes across more constructive than you.

I give up with this thread, remind me never to state my opinon in a thread ever again. No-one can ever just take my opion and say fair enough, has to be attacked but when it comes to a mod, they could say pratically what ever they want and not a word said. Rant over goodbye.

I give up with this thread, remind me never to state my opinon in a thread ever again. No-one can ever just take my opion and say fair enough, has to be attacked but when it comes to a mod, they could say pratically what ever they want and not a word said. Rant over goodbye.
sigh. didnt listen to a word anyone said. take a step back and think about how you came across and how others who had the same view as you came across, you will see the difference

Tbh, I think it was your approach to the subject rather than the main point you made that got peoples backs up -- an Arsenal fan telling Spurs fans how irritating it is to hear them cheer their team (in a Spurs thread) is never going to go down well.