Ireland close to Newcastle loan

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland is close to agreeing a loan move to Newcastle after travelling to the north east to undergo a medical.

More...

Good. Don't want him near our team for a long time.

Good backup, would have preferred a Right winger and Striker aswell like

Good backup, would have preferred a Right winger and Striker aswell like
No he needs to be the 1st name on the sheet or you wont get the best out of him.
He has the ability as well and would be your best individual player bar maybe Barton and caroll

he has the abilty
he showed that at City
he just needs time to find his best form again

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at least its only a loan as I heard rumours of a 7m transfer, that would be gay. At least if its a loan he can be **** and then we can send him back

Great signing, if newcastle use him right, could be a really really good player.

Which Stephen Ireland are you thinking of??

The one who got city player of the year in what 2007 ish... You know the one who was frinking awesome for them..

Meh, would rather we brought in a striker. If he plays to his potential he could be good, but I can't see why he would play ahead of Nolan or Barton, Unless they play Nolan off Carroll/Ameobi and then play Ireland with Tiote in the middle.

I dont know why people dont like Ireland, He is a quality player and would be brillant for Newcastle their midfield = Hot

Ben Afra-Ireland-Tiote-Gutierrez

Nolan

Carrol

Which Stephen Ireland are you thinking of??
the one that was city's best player and one of the best in the premiership before he became a squad player despite brilliant performances.

Ireland can play with the best if you let him play as he wants to

I dont know why people dont like Ireland, He is a quality player and would be brillant for Newcastle their midfield = Hot

Ben Afra-Ireland-Tiote-Gutierrez

Nolan

Carrol

Barton has been one of Newcastle's best players this season...

The one who got city player of the year in what 2007 ish... You know the one who was frinking awesome for them..

Oh I didnt realise players who stopped being good years ago were still worth getting! My bad, time to ready the £20m bid for Michael Owen and Mark Viduka then! No? Ireland ftl.

We were linked with quality - Tranquilo Barnetta, SWP and the like. Ashley obviously bitched out moneywise, Pardew bitched out of telling Ashley not to ***** out, and now we're left with Stephen freaking Ireland.

If he comes and does well great I'll hate him less but the man stopped being good years back.

Ireland is still a good player and it should be a good signing but I wouldn't mess around with the Newcastle midfield atm as they have been performing very well.

If he comes and does well great I'll hate him less but the man stopped being good years back.

He never stopped being good. He lost morale at City after being dropped due to the 'stars' being signed before moving onto Villa where hasn't been able to fit in. He was one of City's best players 3 years back, and still has quality, it's whether he can produce it.

Last edited:
He never stopped being good. He lost morale at City after being dropped due to the 'stars' before moving onto Villa where hasn't been able to fit in. He was one of City's best players 3 years back, and still has quality, it's whether he can produce it.

OK ben, let me ask you this. How the **** do you know that? Are you his physio? His personal trainer? his stalker? No!? you just read sky sports!??! Not being a star at city isn't a problem, its being **** and not being a star. Joe Hart wasnt bought in as a star. Ireland lost his place becauase he began performing terribly. I watched it happen, my mum is a mad MC fan and I see almost as much MC news as I do NUFC - the mans ****. If he had quality he would of shown it at Aston Villa - dont give me this bollocks about not fitting in, you can not fit in with people very well but still show quality when you're on the ball, the man didnt.

Point 2: If he didnt fit in at Aston Villa - what the **** is he doing coming to our tightly knit crew?

Barton to knock him or Ashley the **** out within a week.

Oh I didnt realise players who stopped being good years ago were still worth getting! My bad, time to ready the £20m bid for Michael Owen and Mark Viduka then! No? Ireland ftl.

We were linked with quality - Tranquilo Barnetta, SWP and the like. Ashley obviously bitched out moneywise, Pardew bitched out of telling Ashley not to ***** out, and now we're left with Stephen freaking Ireland.

Your talking about ireland as if he is mid 30s, He is what 24 years old..? a Very talented player, He was the best player at city when 21 ffs. You toons really do expect a lot, He is a creative, driving midfield who in the right circumstances is good enough for a club bigger then yours...

I Lol'd when you called Ireland good years ago, then went out about quality such as SWP. WHo has had a good game for 12 months now...? Ireland is 24 and a very good player. Be Happy with what he will bring to your team.