• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Sky news are reporting an Irish Republican Dissident Group, have given a coded bomb warning to the Metropolitan Police. However, the location is unknown. The incident ties in with the beginning of the Queens 4 day visit in Dublin tomorrow.

BBC News - Bomb warning received in London

Bomb Threat London: Irish Republican Dissidents Issue Coded Bomb Threat For London | UK News | Sky News

In recent times, they have shown they are a still a major threat to be recokned with, following the murder of the police officer Ronan Kerr, after he was killed by a car bomb on his way to work.

Why are so many people so incredibly against peace and moving on? What has happened in the past, has to surely remain in the past now. There has to be no more need of killing of innocent people, or the threat to kill innocent people, just to make a point of something. Are some people that devoid of reasoning, that they never want peace between countries, just to fuel the need of needless killing? All races now live together, all cultures. Yes, there have been hiccups, and a bit of tension, but the majority of the time, it is actually working.

Why take the hatred on men, women and children? I know people now pretty much get along with each now in each country, but why do some go to the extremes that everybody else will never forget? Is it misguidance, miseducation.....

I know it's a sensitve subject, and I'm definately not trying to troll, I'm just trying to figure this out. Would just like some sensible input.

If the mods think this may cause some trouble and close it, I understand too, as I realise it can probably instigate some heated debates. Hopefully, it will be kept sensible.

I dont think they should do any of that and I hate them for doing it but its not that they are anti peace and moving on. They would argue that if we got our 6 counties back then they would stop doing things like this. They also hate the way they were treated up to the troubles by the ruling protestants with penal law nearly being reintroduced and things like gerrymandering common

I dont think they should do any of that and I hate them for doing it but its not that they are anti peace and moving on. They would argue that if we got our 6 counties back then they would stop doing things like this. They also hate the way they were treated up to the troubles by the ruling protestants with penal law nearly being reintroduced and things like gerrymandering common

So is it the case, that groups like this are mainly doing it to remind people/government, that they are still a potent force? Or just to cause panic/confusion, to show they'll never forgive or forget what's happened before? You'll have to pardon my ignorance regarding this, as to be honest, I'm not totally clued in to everything thats happened in Ireland. My parents wouldn't talk about it when I was younger, as they were in the armed forces at the time, and obviously that made them targets, and basically didn't want me scared as a youngster. The only thing I've come across has been on the press, and as we know, it's not always the most reliable, and internet sources for me, can be dubious.

I realy cant get my head around this. Republican groups even know that we wont get the 6 counties back. Its no secret that their main income is from,drug smuggling and other illegal activities. They arent a republican group anymore. They are Terrorists and common criminals and should be ashamed of their actions. So many people have died for no reason. Its the one thing that makes me ashamed to say im Irish. Sorry if I sound brash but im sick of all this violence over the Queen coming.

They are trying to make a point to stop the Queen coming to Ireland.
Whilst I dont agree with there methods in the slightest I agree with there motive.

Well theres been a controlled explosion on a suitcase, but it was harmless. Starting to look like it could possibly be a hoax-fingers crossed that's the case.

Thing is, with the Queen laying a wreath, acknowledging those who gave their lives rebelling against the British crown in The War of Independence in 1921? Surely that's a good thing? Or have I missed something deeper?

Last edited:
Well theres been a controlled explosion on a suitcase, but it was harmless. Starting to look like it could possibly be a hoax-fingers crossed that's the case.

Thing is, with the Queen laying a wreath, acknowledging those who gave their lives rebelling against the British crown in The War of Independence in 1921? Surely that's a good thing? Or have I missed something deeper?

She is yet to apologise and many people would rather not have the person that pinned medals on Soldiers who killed so many innocents visit tbh!

She is yet to apologise and many people would rather not have the person that pinned medals on Soldiers who killed so many innocents visit tbh!

Fair enough. Like I said I'm not clued up on everything. But the fact that 81% of the people there are supporting the queens visit must give a positive message. She may one day apologise for everything-maybe this is making the first step.

A lot of innocents have died on all sides...

Fair enough. Like I said I'm not clued up on everything. But the fact that 81% of the people there are supporting the queens visit must give a positive message. She may one day apologise for everything-maybe this is making the first step.

Where did that figure come from? I for one dont remember officially stating if I supported the visit or not. I think that the majority are against it. 30mil + on security for her visit is money that could be better spent elsewhere as well.

I have no problem with the Queen coming except that lots of Dublin city will be closed down. However that is happening for Barack Obamas visit too which im also not happy with. Shay both sides killed innocents and arguably the rebels killed more. Now I love beating the english as much as the next guy but I hate some of the lies fed to people at a young age.

This violence is stupid and wont gain anything. Its mainly the uneducated catholics using religion as an excuse to extort money and cause chaos now. Mind you the protestants arent brilliant either. (not meant as a generalisation as its mainly a minority but meh)

In fairness their argument comes down to "give us what we want or we'll kill people"

Two wrongs dont make a right, just more blood on the streets

Where did that figure come from? I for one dont remember officially stating if I supported the visit or not. I think that the majority are against it. 30mil + on security for her visit is money that could be better spent elsewhere as well.

Thats about right. well if you go by the facebook group about 65 percent have said they dont care, 20 percent are against it and the rest support it. Also we are going to gain more money from tourism than we spend on her coming which will boost the economy.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

In fairness their argument comes down to "give us what we want or we'll kill people"

Two wrongs dont make a right, just more blood on the streets

never said it was right and im against it but again it was caused by colonialism in the past like pretty much all of todays fighting(besides America's oil fighting).

They were talking about it with a correspondant on SN. wether or not thats that case of course is open to debate. and £30 million in secuirty is staggering. Btw I'm not defending/supporting the queen here, I'm definately not a monarchist. I'm just trying to learn more about something I know little about, so if I come across as ignorant, or dumb, I'm goin to apologise now.

Thats about right. well if you go by the facebook group about 65 percent have said they dont care, 20 percent are against it and the rest support it. Also we are going to gain more money from tourism than we spend on her coming which will boost the economy.

Facebook is not a reliable source, not everyone in Ireland use it.
We wont make 30mil in tourism imo.

I'm really interested in this IRA subject, but I'm not an expert (or even close). Expecting this thread to clarify the subject

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

never said it was right and im against it but again it was caused by colonialism in the past like pretty much all of todays fighting(besides America's oil fighting).

Im not saying its your view. But we have got to move beyond the past.

Im not saying its your view. But we have got to move beyond the past.

Think it's a case with some people (not all), that some are prepared to forgive and move on and work on forging closer relations and getting on, but never forget what has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back