Irish Republican Dissident Group releases coded Bomb warning for London

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happening in the past gives these terrorist the right to plant a bomb in London? Get real.

Don't get me wong, I don't know all the ins and outs of the past etc but to me it seems some people hold a grudge but is planting a bomb in one of the busiest cities in the world with the threat of killing hundreds of people for no reason really the way to go about things?

Last edited:
How does that even compare?

And i do believe Mcguinness was in the IRA, now welcomed in london and the white house
He is welcomed as a member of the British political system. Despite there being many against it initially. And welcomed inst really the right word imo.

Im not saying its your view. But we have got to move beyond the past.

How can we when our country is still occupied by foreign troops?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

So what happening in the past gives these terrorist the right to plant a bomb in London? Get real.

Don't get me wong, I don't know all the ins and outs of the past etc but to me it seems some people hold a grudge but is planting a bomb in one of the busiest cities in the world with the threat of killing hundreds of people for no reason really the way to go about things?

If this is directed at me then, I have already said it is the wrong way to go about things. I dont support this.

How does that even compare?

And i do believe Mcguinness was in the IRA, now welcomed in london and the white house

Gerry Adams is another suspected leader of the IRA that has been in the house of commons etc so Shay your arguement there failed.

Also to people that say move on etc, The reason they havent moved on is because they feel the 6 counties are rightfully theirs. I think we should get the 6 counties back as they were the Irish peoples but i understand it probably wont happen due to the fighting back of the UDA and UVA which also use terrorism. People need to understand the main IRA had broken up a few years ago but people who wanted to continue their lives of criminals that get money with lots of protection and a motive use the 32 counties as an excuse.

Sometimes i ******* hate the human race.

He is welcomed as a member of the British political system. Despite there being many against it initially. And welcomed inst really the right word imo.

actually welcomed is the word, he forged very strong relations with mo mowlan, blair and duyba

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

If this is directed at me then, I have already said it is the wrong way to go about things. I dont support this.

It's not directed to anyone mate is just my views.

Gerry Adams is another suspected leader of the IRA that has been in the house of commons etc so Shay your arguement there failed.

Also to people that say move on etc, The reason they havent moved on is because they feel the 6 counties are rightfully theirs. I think we should get the 6 counties back as they were the Irish peoples but i understand it probably wont happen due to the fighting back of the UDA and UVA which also use terrorism. People need to understand the main IRA had broken up a few years ago but people who wanted to continue their lives of criminals that get money with lots of protection and a motive use the 32 counties as an excuse.

Sometimes i ******* hate the human race.

I forgotten about Adams.

I wanted to ask about about the criminal side that you put across, dont know enough about it so wanted to choose my words carefully, but i wanted to ask if criminals were just using the cause as an excuse, but you seemed to have answered that for me

I know its easy to say move on, but in honestly where has the violence got us?

Thing is aside from the terrorism, if Ireland ever did become united in the future, wouldn't they be worse off economically?

Thing is aside from the terrorism, if Ireland ever did become united in the future, wouldn't they be worse off economically?

Maybe all we can do is speculate. NI is probably a liability to Britain.

I don't even think it's possible for them to be worse off economically atm. :P

I don't even think it's possible for them to be worse off economically atm. :P

Fair argument... Although we have started to turn the corner and budget projections are being exceeded at the minute. But thats not really the subject. The british were responsible for the rebellion or 1798 and the Easter rising 1916 because they colonised a nation that wanted to be left alone. No active or dissident republicans were born there so they are killing people for something that happened before they were born. Some people are led to believe the IRA are heroes. The rebels of 1916 were heroes. The modern day IRA (CIRA and RIRA) are nothing but terrorists. There motives have changed,there has been no attempt to seize the 6 counties back. They just want to inflict pain on the British. Innocents were killed on both sides.

Fair argument... Although we have started to turn the corner and budget projections are being exceeded at the minute. But thats not really the subject. The british were responsible for the rebellion or 1798 and the Easter rising 1916 because they colonised a nation that wanted to be left alone. No active or dissident republicans were born there so they are killing people for something that happened before they were born. Some people are led to believe the IRA are heroes. The rebels of 1916 were heroes. The modern day IRA (CIRA and RIRA) are nothing but terrorists. There motives have changed,there has been no attempt to seize the 6 counties back. They just want to inflict pain on the British. Innocents were killed on both sides.

thank you for clearing it up.

Not really sure what to think of it all.

Not in support of the Queen visiting Ireland, but hope the people representing a minority [the dissident's] don't do something stupid, like that with Ronan Kerr.

Not really sure what to think of it all.

Not in support of the Queen visiting Ireland, but hope the people representing a minority [the dissident's] don't do something stupid, like that with Ronan Kerr.

s far passed off virtually without incident:

Queen lays wreath for dead republicans on Ireland visit
Monarch's tour of Dublin takes in Garden of Remembrance as huge security operation surrounds historic trip

Queen lays wreath for dead republicans on Ireland visit | World news | guardian.co.uk

Henry McDonald in Dublin
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 17 May 2011 17.12 BST
Article history

The Queen has laid a wreath at the Garden of Remembrance in Dublin to commemorate fallen Irish republicans, during a royal visit to Ireland.

The visit came as Republican dissident attempts to disrupt day one of the historic visit appeared to have been thwarted. Two separate demonstrations against the Queen's presence at the Garden of Remembrance failed to breach Garda lines.

A huge security operation kept up to 200 republican protesters split between locations away from the royal entourage. Apart from a few missiles hurled at the gardaí near the Rotunda maternity hospital in Parnell Square, there was little disorder as the Queen laid a wreath at the memorial.

The radical republican group Eirigi could only muster around 150 demonstrators at the southern end of Parnell Square. At the northern end of the square close to the Garden only 60 protesters turned up to a Republican Sinn Féin (RSF) rally, the party linked to the terror group the Continuity IRA.

Ruarai O'Bradaigh, a former IRA chief of staff and founder of the hardline RSF, denied the turnout was a setback for the dissidents opposed to the Queen's visit.

"Whatever the turnout the problem in Ireland has not gone away, namely the British presence in the north of our country. Resistance to that presence just like the presence of the English Queen will continue," he said.

But most ordinary Dubliners appeared to be either in favour of the royal visit or at least indifferent to the arrival of the first British monarch since 1911.

Watching the the RSF demonstration was Donal Lynch from the North Inner City. Standing outside a branch of Paddy Power's bookmakers on Dorset Street which has been renamed "O'Bama Powers" for the forthcoming US presidential visit, Lynch was unimpressed by the protest. "There were more people at mass in my local church this morning," he said.

"As for them complaining about the €30m (£26m) cost of the visit they are the reason why it' s so high. If it wasn't for their threats to the Queen the cost of her coming would be much lower. Most Dubliners don't mind her being here."

His views were echoed by Co Mayo-born nurse Elaine Peden, who works at Dublin's Mater hospital. "I have no problem with the Queen's visit to Ireland as I worked in the UK myself in nursing for eight years and was very happy to do my training there. I had so much available to me and we had wonderful courses so I can't condemn her for coming here given that I got so much out of the UK."

At the other end of Parnell Square, which had been blocked off to the public, the Eirigi demonstration ended as one the Queen's cavalcade left the gardens without any serious violence. One of Eirigi's founders and ex-Sinn Féin member Brian Lesson praised the demonstrators as "brilliant" for not allowing the protest to turn violent. A few plastic bottles and sticks were thrown at gardaí on mounted horseback but there was no attempt to break through the security cordon erected around each side of the square.

However, the 150-strong protest was equalled by knots of tourists taking pictures of the security operation in central Dublin along with small groups of the city's drug addicts who normally use the Garden of Remembrance as a "shooting gallery" to inject heroin.

Observing the Eirigi protest was Irish novelist Sean O'Reilly, a native of Derry's Bogside now living in Dublin. He described the relatively peaceful nature of the protest as "the end of something".

O'Reilly added: "I think there is more dissent on the streets than the media are allowing on the airwaves but it is not a great turnout in terms of protest … There is more to be done and said before I can embrace her laying a wreath in the Garden of Remembrance. As for the security operation it's absolutely enormous but I don't know what they are expecting – there appears to be little or no opposition on the streets. Maybe the Garda are just training for Obama really."

The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the huge protective bubble around them have now moved on to Trinity College Dublin, where the royal couple will be shown the ancient Celtic Book of Kells, their last major engagement on the first day of this historic trip to the Irish Republic.

s far passed off virtually without incident:

Queen lays wreath for dead republicans on Ireland visit
Monarch's tour of Dublin takes in Garden of Remembrance as huge security operation surrounds historic trip

Queen lays wreath for dead republicans on Ireland visit | World news | guardian.co.uk

Henry McDonald in Dublin
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 17 May 2011 17.12 BST
Article history

The Queen has laid a wreath at the Garden of Remembrance in Dublin to commemorate fallen Irish republicans, during a royal visit to Ireland.

The visit came as Republican dissident attempts to disrupt day one of the historic visit appeared to have been thwarted. Two separate demonstrations against the Queen's presence at the Garden of Remembrance failed to breach Garda lines.

A huge security operation kept up to 200 republican protesters split between locations away from the royal entourage. Apart from a few missiles hurled at the gardaí near the Rotunda maternity hospital in Parnell Square, there was little disorder as the Queen laid a wreath at the memorial.

The radical republican group Eirigi could only muster around 150 demonstrators at the southern end of Parnell Square. At the northern end of the square close to the Garden only 60 protesters turned up to a Republican Sinn Féin (RSF) rally, the party linked to the terror group the Continuity IRA.

Ruarai O'Bradaigh, a former IRA chief of staff and founder of the hardline RSF, denied the turnout was a setback for the dissidents opposed to the Queen's visit.

"Whatever the turnout the problem in Ireland has not gone away, namely the British presence in the north of our country. Resistance to that presence just like the presence of the English Queen will continue," he said.

But most ordinary Dubliners appeared to be either in favour of the royal visit or at least indifferent to the arrival of the first British monarch since 1911.

Watching the the RSF demonstration was Donal Lynch from the North Inner City. Standing outside a branch of Paddy Power's bookmakers on Dorset Street which has been renamed "O'Bama Powers" for the forthcoming US presidential visit, Lynch was unimpressed by the protest. "There were more people at mass in my local church this morning," he said.

"As for them complaining about the €30m (£26m) cost of the visit they are the reason why it' s so high. If it wasn't for their threats to the Queen the cost of her coming would be much lower. Most Dubliners don't mind her being here."

His views were echoed by Co Mayo-born nurse Elaine Peden, who works at Dublin's Mater hospital. "I have no problem with the Queen's visit to Ireland as I worked in the UK myself in nursing for eight years and was very happy to do my training there. I had so much available to me and we had wonderful courses so I can't condemn her for coming here given that I got so much out of the UK."

At the other end of Parnell Square, which had been blocked off to the public, the Eirigi demonstration ended as one the Queen's cavalcade left the gardens without any serious violence. One of Eirigi's founders and ex-Sinn Féin member Brian Lesson praised the demonstrators as "brilliant" for not allowing the protest to turn violent. A few plastic bottles and sticks were thrown at gardaí on mounted horseback but there was no attempt to break through the security cordon erected around each side of the square.

However, the 150-strong protest was equalled by knots of tourists taking pictures of the security operation in central Dublin along with small groups of the city's drug addicts who normally use the Garden of Remembrance as a "shooting gallery" to inject heroin.

Observing the Eirigi protest was Irish novelist Sean O'Reilly, a native of Derry's Bogside now living in Dublin. He described the relatively peaceful nature of the protest as "the end of something".

O'Reilly added: "I think there is more dissent on the streets than the media are allowing on the airwaves but it is not a great turnout in terms of protest … There is more to be done and said before I can embrace her laying a wreath in the Garden of Remembrance. As for the security operation it's absolutely enormous but I don't know what they are expecting – there appears to be little or no opposition on the streets. Maybe the Garda are just training for Obama really."

The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the huge protective bubble around them have now moved on to Trinity College Dublin, where the royal couple will be shown the ancient Celtic Book of Kells, their last major engagement on the first day of this historic trip to the Irish Republic.

Good to hear that. Also paid respects today to the people killed in the fighting, but stopped short of an apology. Maybe, an apology would've been more appropriate....can't say for sure. But she seems to be giving an acknowledgement of some sorts.

Cant remember anyone saying she was? Isn't she the ruler of Britains army though? I think thats whats upsetting Republicans.

she is the head of the armed forces but does not dictate any kind of policy

she can excise war and peace, but this is done on the advice of government, more ceremonial if anything.

Republicans spin whatever they can,

The 'real' IRA posted a statement in N.I a few weeks ago about the visit where a fat man in some woolly green suit with a beret and a ski mask...lol...said that the Queen was a war criminal and deserved to be punished and anyone who follows her (Population of UK I'm guessing he meant) is liable and coherent with the actions of the 'crown' and the army.

So basically its complex but some Irish people ramble on about how superior their country is since the independence and the IRA has the aim of driving the UK and its sympathisers out of Ireland. I mean historically it is a catholic vs protestant debate, but the truth is Northern Ireland is in a far healthier position financially, economically and politically than ROI during the recession. The ROI has got no banking system anymore, its credit rating is ridiculously low, it has no economy except export/import and manufacturing with no financial sector to fall back on since the ROI property boom ended abruptly a couple of years ago. So the ROI housing market, financial market, economy is on its knees and the IRA want to start this **** about independent Ireland and how it would be better?

Talking out of their *rse, they're a bunch of middle aged men now who can't take the truth and Ireland maybe needs to realise its on its knees and who bailed them out? Was it America? Was it Europe? (partly) NO it was Britain, our tax money went to bail out YOUR economy, your wonderfully independent economy yet now your all coming on TV threatening to blow the queen up@ Threatening attacks on us? They need to realise what century we are in, they justify killing 'sympathisers' in NI with the fact that during the early 20th century under British rule some war crimes were committed? I'm sure we have a history of war crimes in India from the colonial rule but you do not see them holding a grudge.

I am technically in favour of ditching the monarchy in England since it has no purpose, the Queen is a head of state but she has no legislative powers other than rubber stamping the odd naming/title event/handing out medals/ceremonial duties. The people in charge of the Military are the MOD and the cabinet anyone who thinks the Queen is in charge is frankly...Stupid/Born in the 19th century. The monarchy has had no powers since WW1 and I think it was King George who devolved more powers to the PM and now they hold no purpose except ceremonial/foreign relations

Just pees me off when I keep seeing Irish people going on the TV about reconciliation and how they still hold a grudge and how they are so well off financially and even heard a few saying they beat us at Sport all the time...haha. Irish people should realise the only reason their country has not defaulted on its IMF loans/other creditors is because the UK contributed a HUGE bailout package.

Just getting that off my chest, ungrateful sods, the reality is we have a financial sector/economy twice the size of Irelands (even bigger post recession) and they are all going on TV saying we are horrible people. Notice the distinct lack of Sinn Fein appearing for interviews/comments on the Queens visit because they know their views are dated and make no sense in the modern world.

Glad thats off my chest (A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back