Is FM2010 easy?

I have gone Man United in fm10 to dip my toes in the water and Iv found it much more difficult on FM10 despite having a decent side and transfer budget.

FM09 brought several Trophies yet after my first season Id only managed the FA cup and after my second season I JUST managed to pip chelsea and city to the league and the Carling Cup. Nightmare. Im dreading a challenge with a smaller team, but at the same time looking forward to a stern test!

Definitely more difficult IMO, because of the rising cost of players, change in tactics and so on. But so much for the better

Ye when i first got the game i found it really hard but when you get used to it youll find it easy, maybe im wrong!

I think FM 10 is a bit harder than FM 09. cos i use arsenal and have signed couple of good players like de rossi, villa n co. but i lost to sunderland 4-3 n wigan 1-0. still cant figure out how come i lost :D

I dont find fm10 easy, or too difficult, i find it challenging yet it is still manageable and is fun. And yea, you know you shouldnt say this game is easy after you play in a big club with half of the world's most expensive players in your team.

Play as QPR, Southampton or Port Vale. Try lower leagues, and work your way up to success, it took me 17 seasons in my first try to get Port vale to win the premiere league, and i found it very very fun.

Im playing with southamton now , i got prometed in 2nd place and if they didnt start with -10 points i would of finished top, and now im top of the chamionship after 12 games , with players like saha,samaras,plessis,boijnov . i wounder would these players go to a newly promoted chamionship team???

This whole discussion seems ridiculous and misses the point for me. I wouldn't say managing a tier 10 club is easier or harder than managing Real Madrid, Man City etc . .if anything maybe it's easier to manage a low tier club or a team in dire straits like Portsmouth, Hull . .

The reason? Expectation. Meeting 'expectation' is yr basic average baseline. Doing better than this is 'difficult' Meeting expectation is 'medium' and doing worse than expectation is 'easy' . .. .It's pretty tough to beat the expectations that are in place for a top team.

People are jst a bit dumb IMO cos they think 'oh yeh I'm gonna be the best manager ever I am managing Man City and I am gonna win the CL' . . they actually believe they are good when they are given an already great team and a shed load of cash

On the oppostie end of the scale people think 'ooo I am great cos I manage in tier 9 that means the game is really difficult etc . .'

It's not more difficlut or easy based on who you manage it's more difficult or easy dependant on being able to meet the expectations of the club and YOUR OWN expectations of what you want from the game.

You've got a really good point there.

If your looking for a team, where you can win easily, then its got to be Notts Co. i was them in my first save, and my record for the first season is. P30 W27 D3 L0. And i hardly spent a penny. Most of the people transfer listed, will go to Notts Co.

FM 2010 is as difficult as you make it.

for some people it is easier than others, no matter what club they play at.

i find it easier to get the tactics to do what i want them to do third season with lincoln and just survived league 1 drop will win the prem one day!! its so much more fun workin from the bottom up than just borin man u games

i found fm09 really hard unless you were a top side!!! i think fm2010 is easier but still challenging

i reckon in fm2010 the opposition managers change up their tactics far more often and i find that if i use a similar tactics for too many games i get found out. i don't have 09, skipped ahead from 08, but compared to the older versions i felt as though i could just plug in my pre-set tactic and sit back and watch the wins roll in.
i find it the most difficult playing with a financially struggling side in any tier. the easiest would have to be teams with a big reputation and decent finances in the lower leagues where promotion is inevitable (leeds, notts county)

i dont think it easy...like others said..depend on teams u manage...maybe it come easy to create a tactic coz of the wizard...others still hard..especially if u manage small team..& total agree with RADAGA..oppostion managers found out us more fastt

i agree you have to constantly tweek tactics or they get found out and dont work and its so hard to be ambitious with lincoln and balance the books at the same time i just think this fm has found a happy realistic medium most enjoyable fm since 96/97 for me it has gone back to basics but maintained its difficulty

Stand corrected it is very easy! 2 seasons of surviving in league 2 then decided to start using my scouts to find players and sticking with 3 or 4 formations i made to counter defend or attack then won league 2, second in league 1 and just won the championship with 97 points Tis very easy lol

Stand corrected it is very easy! 2 seasons of surviving in league 2 then decided to start using my scouts to find players and sticking with 3 or 4 formations i made to counter defend or attack then won league 2, second in league 1 and just won the championship with 97 points Tis very easy lol

WTF you doing posting after a firetrucking year