Is it time to relieve arsene wenger of his duties

IMO he should do the hounrable thing and go

The team is only as strong as your weakest player (For Arsenal that would be GK) People say we have **** defenders but if you look on paper each one is of international class. The problem is they dont play as a unit. This is down to the manager and his training (or lack of it) methods. We all know how G.Graham trained his defence using the rope. Also Arsene is very subburn and wont be told that players like Fabianski, Denilson, Rosciky, Bendtner etc are ****. He should be told by his Bosses/Backroom staff and listen to others.
I can see our better players like Fab, Nasri, Van Persie lacking confidence in him and having to move on to win trophies.
We have a lack of mental strengh, and look for an easy way out (own goal, sending off, deflection etc) as a way out, rather then standing up and proving others wrong. I believe if we signed some english players, even from lower league into our squad the "team spirit" would be stronger.
Arsenal are one off the best teams on the ball but the worst/laziest team off it. Look at Barcelona and how hard they all work together off the ball to win it back quickly, this comes from the manager and his understanding and importance off the "ugly" side of football.

Arsene is too powerful and feels he is "untouchable", but we have a board of directors that are too focused on money/profit then glory. So it is up to the fans to speak up, yes we love Arsene and he will go down as a legend but remember even someone like Churchill lost the election.

Until these majors flaws are corrected Arsenal will be one of the best run clubs in the world, but also the most fustrating and forever the bridesmaid.

Last edited:
IMO he should do the hounrable thing and go

The team is only as strong as your weakest player (For Arsenal that would be GK) People say we have **** defenders but if you look on paper each one is of international class. The problem is they dont play as a unit. This is down to the manager and his training (or lack of it) methods. We all know how G.Graham trained his defence using the rope. Also Arsene is very subburn and wont be told that players like Fabianski, Denilson, Rosciky, Bendtner etc are ****. He should be told by his Bosses/Backroom staff and listen to others.
I can see our better players like Fab, Nasri, Van Persie lacking confidence in him and having to move on to win trophies.
We have a lack of mental strengh, and look for an easy way out (own goal, sending off, deflection etc) as a way out, rather then standing up and proving others wrong. I believe if we signed some english players, even from lower league into our squad the "team spirit" would be stronger.
Arsenal are one off the best teams on the ball but the worst/laziest team off it. Look at Barcelona and how hard they all work together off the ball to win it back quickly, this comes from the manager and his understanding and importance off the "ugly" side of football.

Arsene is too powerful and feels he is "untouchable", but we have a board of directors that are too focused on money/profit then glory. So it is up to the fans to speak up, yes we love Arsene and he will go down as a legend but remember even someone like Churchill lost the election.

Until these majors flaws are corrected Arsenal will be one of the best run clubs in the world, but also the most fustrating and forever the bridesmaid.

I can't begin to tell you how nonsensical that post is to me.

Your solution would be to bring in some English players from the Lower Leagues to the most competitive league in the world? Here, here.

yes, that what we help build our famour back four from. im not saying they have to start every game, just hate when our **** sqaud players are foriegn, rather have **** sqaud english players haha. but seroiusly arsene got a lot of flaws which he too subborn to correct. to win english league, we should have a hard core of english players, our technical ability is best in league, but mental strength, physical strength etc are very weak

with your post , you rather we sign all foreign players, what a joke

y
with your post , you rather we sign all foreign players, what a joke

Firstly, I never once said that.

Secondly, what's wrong with having foreign players?

Either way, and this in particular a response to Mike. who said I should stop thinking about the future and concentrate on the present..

Arsenal Report will be publishing an article today about why Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 6 years - explaining what went "wrong", and how Wenger's 10 year plan has worked out.

I'll link when it's done but one of the most important factors goes back to 1999 when Stadium plans were announced after HIghbury's capacity was significantly reduced (all-seater) and why as a result of that, having Wenger at the helm as been key.

As much as i hate to say it but i think Arsene Wenger has had his time...5 nearly 6 years without a trophy for a club with such stature as Arsenal is just not good enough. Yes Wenger is a legend at Arsenal but i think its time he took up the offer of a directors role on the Arsenal board and we get a new manager..I do completely agree with Wenger in terms of tactics etc but tbh it just isnt working at Arsenal and we are really hurting for it!!! Either Wenger changes his style or moves on...

In terms of a new manager i would like to see a young ENGLISH manager take the reigns as i want to keep Arsenal a very Englishclub and its about time a big team ( like spurs) give an English manager a chance!!! Although i wouldnt mind seeing Mourinho sitting in the Arsenal dug-out fr a year or two ;)

Sacking Wenger now would just be stupid. We're at the end of a 10 year plan and have been really unlucky at times this season.

We're still in with a chance of winning the league. Some people are really quite embarrassing.

yeah i agree if we win our game in hand we'll go joint with 'them'

Sacking Wenger now would just be stupid. We're at the end of a 10 year plan and have been really unlucky at times this season.

We're still in with a chance of winning the league. Some people are really quite embarrassing.
see this is what i mean, the 10 year plan is great off the pitch, arsenal are in strong shape, but what about on the pitch, after 6 years you have failed to identify and bring through/bring in a genuine captain, despite all the skill and talent, the side lacks resilience, and i'm not talking abut beating stoke away, i'm talking about crunch time, when you enter the end of the season and the pressure builds up tenfold. How does the 10 year plan account for that? The best managers work long and short term, to balance it so is difficult, but the rewards are huge (see united for example).

In your GK and DCs, one of the them needs to be experienced and a leader/organiser, to help the other young talented 2 come through

see this is what i mean, the 10 year plan is great off the pitch, arsenal are in strong shape, but what about on the pitch, after 6 years you have failed to identify and bring through/bring in a genuine captain, despite all the skill and talent, the side lacks resilience, and i'm not talking abut beating stoke away, i'm talking about crunch time, when you enter the end of the season and the pressure builds up tenfold. How does the 10 year plan account for that? The best managers work long and short term, to balance it so is difficult, but the rewards are huge (see united for example).

In your GK and DCs, one of the them needs to be experienced and a leader/organiser, to help the other young talented 2 come through

I do agree.

Wenger has clearly made mistakes, and I'd even argue that the 10 year plan should have started in 1999 when the stadium plans were announced. The idea on the pitch is that the first batch of players are experienced, while younger players come in waves and are gradually introduced into the side together with older players so that there's a balance - then by the time the first batch leave, the second is ready to step up and become the experienced players (Fabregas has 6 years in the PL already) and new waves of youngsters come in etc. etc. - it saves us spending a huge amount of money and keeps at a competitive level.

Conveniently, the article on the blog has just been finished and published. I'm not explaining it very well but.. http://t.co/hxoWI3x

Neither CB is particularly commanding, no, but the whole team has a good understanding & we generally don't sit back and try to soak up pressure like Utd did yesterday so there's not a whole lot of point in them being commanding a lot of the time. If we're under pressure, they have a good understanding, cover for each other and defend as a unit. At the start of the season there was communication issues all the time - At the Stadium of Light for e.g. Clichy kicked it against Kos and Bent tapped it in, + we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces, but that's improving and Szczesny isn't afraid to shout (I'm ignoring the howler against Brum).

I don't think we were camped in our half at the Emirates, we let them have the ball and they did jack all with most of the time - like Utd did to us, but we weren't trying to contain them and park the bus like we did at the Camp Nou.

Arsenal have most of the possession, but especially from counter-attacks, there's always a danger of us conceding and both CBs cut out a lot of passes and are perfectly adept at making last ditch challenges - see Barcelona games for the perfect example of this.

I think you're making generalisations based on players like Squillaci, and the performances of Koscielny at the start of the season. Defence isn't our issue, IMO - Yes, we could do with a Tony Adams or a Sol Campbell to lead from the back and generally be a rock, but in terms of raw defensive ability, I'm confident our top 3 CBs can do the job when not injured.

Nono - I don't think he's up to the level of RvP, but he's an important player because of the knack of scoring important goals and bringing something different to the side, whether it be a little trick like against Ipswich in the CC Semi, or a header against Stoke. He's not as bad as everyone makes out is all I'm saying.

None of those 3 will happen - Benzema is finding form, Mou won't want to sell another ST when he's been struggling all season with not having enough and only has Barndoor as a replacement for Higuain.

Nilmar is just completely unrealistic, he's not the kind of striker Arsenal would look at and thrives in a league that isn't really that good.

Fabiano has just gone to Sao Paolo, and a big Target Man isn't exactly Arsenal's style.

Fabianski was straight up poor most of the time before this season, then he came in for Almunia, made a mistake vs Newcastle and Spurs (for which he was replaced in the CC by Szczesny) & then came into real form and was brilliant. I don't think it's inconsistency, but going from poor, to pretty good over a season given time and help, and the threat of Szczesny pinching his spot.

Yup.

It is risky, but I think a player like him thrives in big games, and when he's under pressure. He was superb at OT in December, then at the Emirates vs Barca, when everyone was wondering whether we should give Almunia the shirt on a temporary basis.

You do have a point about sharing the burden - it's not what most people say tbh, a lot of people assume it's Football Manager and we can just buy Adler for £20m and be done with it. Akinfeev is unrealistic as well, he'd cost too much.

It will be interesting to see who AW goes for on an emergency loan :)

ENGERLAND!

Not really much I can reply to this about, I think we've found a bit of middle ground. Obviously you know more about Arsenal than me anyway, so I can't add much more to the debate.

I still think Arsenal do lack a Sol Campbell/Tony Adams-esque defender. Koscielny looks good and Djourou is good backup, but I think to take the team to the next level there needs to be a bit of investment. This isn't having a dig at their current defenders, who are both very good, but I believe that they just need someone who's that little bit better to lead them to league triumphs.

Same applies to 'keeper position, although Szczesny could develop into that player. I do stick by my statement that it would be beneficial if another top quality goalkeeper could share the burden as I don't think Fabianski or Almunia are of a good enough level.

And for the striker dilemma, I've yet to be convinced by Bendtner, but he may have performed well in the matches I don't watch, so I can't completely disregard him. But I do think a backup to van Persie (not Chamakh, I consider him being the Plan B) would help. Unfortunately finding such a player is difficult without spending ridiculous sums of money!

And BOOOOOOOOOOO! :p

Why are people still slating Arsenals defence? We currently have less goals conceded than United and no one goes on about them needing a new centre half despite the fact Johnny Evans is even worse than Squillaci. People buy into the medias narratives too easily, Arsenal have 3 quality centre halves and even 4th choice Squillaci isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

Should Wenger go? Its a fair question. I certainly don't agree with the "let him decide" himself idea. I love Arsene and when he goes the main thing is it happens in the most respectful and dignified way possible, what he's done for the club puts him right up there with Chapman. That doesn't mean he can go on making the same mistakes forever though, he has to at the very least run the title close this season. And if he doesn't win it this year he has to win it next year. We just can't sit still for so long.

well if we are going to lose today, the season is over, fabregas will leave this summer because barca can promise trophies and success. then the arsenal will go downhill , we need transfers to be honest.

or we'll enter the same disaster spell are liverpool

but eh i could be wrong

but arsene wouldnt leave though

well if we are going to lose today, the season is over, fabregas will leave this summer because barca can promise trophies and success. then the arsenal will go downhill , we need transfers to be honest.
They can promise all they like, at the end of the day he has a contract with us.

I'm loving the knee jerk reactions in here.

They can promise all they like, at the end of the day he has a contract with us.

Contracts don't mean **** in modern football. All the player has to do is hand in a transfer request and other clubs will come hounding him. The club likely won't force an unhappy player to stay and will just have to sell him.