is rooney the best striker

• Thread starter Thread starter ianhall65
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K

is rooney the best striker in world football today

• Total voters
This is a joke right... He is not the best striker in the world. 18 of his EPL goals have been Ronaldo like meaning netting them against Relegation side Opponenets.

He isn't better then Drogba, Torres, Eto. **** I'll even get a lil biased and state that RVP was having a better season before the Italian Mafia got to him.

This is a joke right... He is not the best striker in the world. 18 of his EPL goals have been Ronaldo like meaning netting them against Relegation side Opponenets.

He isn't better then Drogba, Torres, Eto. **** I'll even get a lil biased and state that RVP was having a better season before the Italian Mafia got to him.
You really are clueless.:P

You really are clueless.:P

FACT: 18 of his EPL goals have been against Relegation side teams. Rooney has done nothing other then dive and then flop over Almunia gaining a PK against the Bigs....

Who was guarding Rooney against Milan? Thiago Silva and Bonera.... Such great talent.... Then they put a DM in Ambrosini at SW....

Yet everyone is getting excited about this performance.... The first goal... the ball was put on his head... Not many more could of put in a better service... Then you had a 1 on 1 with a GK on par with Fabianski in Abbiatti.

Don't get your panties in a wad just because you beat an overrated and OLD AC Milan squad. And you know they are Overrated when you have Ronaldinho go missing against Neville and Pirlo go missing against Park....

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Correct.

After watching last night's performance, I think it's safe to say that he is the best in the world.

Basically what you are saying is because of his AC Milan performance makes him the best striker in the world? ROFLS... Then I can make the statement that the Nasri goal was better then anything Flipper or Messi has done this year so that makes him the best... We can play this card all day but the fact of the matter is that 18 of his 23 goals in the EPL are against Relegation Side. Opponents and goals against Wolverhampton are different then goals against Pool, Chelsea, etc.

Last edited:
FACT: 18 of his EPL goals have been against Relegation side teams. Rooney has done nothing other then dive and then flop over Almunia gaining a PK against the Bigs....

Who was guarding Rooney against Milan? Thiago Silva and Bonera.... Such great talent.... Then they put a DM in Ambrosini at SW....

Yet everyone is getting excited about this performance.... The first goal... the ball was put on his head... Not many more could of put in a better service... Then you had a 1 on 1 with a GK on par with Fabianski in Abbiatti.

Don't get your panties in a wad just because you beat an overrated and OLD AC Milan squad. And you know they are Overrated when you have Ronaldinho go missing against Neville and Pirlo go missing against Park....

Not even gonna bother arguing against you, as much as I hate United.

Rooney is by far better than any other Premier League striker this season as of now, and even if RvP didn't get injured he'd not have been as good as Rooney.

I'd have him at Arsenal any day ahead of Robin.

Still A.C. Milan is better than Porto , anyway he is the best player in the world at the moment!

Yet everyone is getting excited about this performance.... The first goal... the ball was put on his head... Not many more could of put in a better service... Then you had a 1 on 1 with a GK on par with Almunia in Abbiatti.

Don't get your panty's in a wad just because you beat an overrated and OLD AC Milan squad.
You obviously have serious problems.:P

4 goals over two legs against ac milan is nothing to sniff at.:S What exactly does he have to do to impress you really?XD It's not fluke that rooney was in those position, his movement was pretty good and as well as that its not as if the goals were all he did he was involved in almost everything we did.:P

For your information rooney has scored against chelsea, 2 against manchester city, once against spurs, the winner against aston villa in the carling cup final, 4 against ac milan ( who are obviously quite good if they can get into europe and past the group stages).

Oh and 2 against arsenal(K)

He has 30 goals so far this season, more than any striker in any other top league in europe.:P So give it a rest mate, if you really in your quite obviously deluded mind think rooney is an average player then please keep it to yourself. Quite frankly you are embarresing.

On the penalty at old trafford. I've explained that here.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/wayne-rooney-t28645/page3.html

Here is the top 10 Scorers(according to UEFA Co-Efficient)
1. Wayne Rooney Man. United
2. Luis Suarez Ajax (Ned)
3. Welliton Soares Spartak Moskou (Rus)
4. Lionel Messi Barcelona (Spa)
Jermaine Defoe Tottenham Hotspur (Eng)
Kristaps Grebis Metalurgs Liepaja (Latvia)
Didier Drogba Chelsea (Eng)
8. Kris Boyd Glasgow Rangers (Sch)
9. David Villa Valencia (Spa)
Darren Bent Sunderland (Eng)

Rooney is top of that, but will he stay there?

Who? oO)

Unlike most strikers, Rooney is so complete it's unbelievable- strong, quick, obviously good in the air, and can use both feet. He's got a lot more in him, it's frightening.
So to answer your question, last season without a doubt I would have said no. Now, he's won me over and I think yes, he is the best striker in the world :)

Still A.C. Milan is better than Porto , anyway he is the best player in the world at the moment!

Nothing about this thread is about Arsenal and Porto so why bring it up................................... You don't see one topic talking about Porto and Arsenal... You don't see the fans going nuts because this should of been expected in the first leg and the second...

Nothing about this thread is about Arsenal and Porto so why bring it up................................... You don't see one topic talking about Porto and Arsenal... You don't see the fans going nuts because this should of been expected in the first leg and the second...

Every post you have made you have mentioned arsenal and it's players you Muppet. Jealousy doesn't get you know were.;)

You obviously have serious problems.:P

4 goals over two legs against ac milan is nothing to sniff at.:S What exactly does he have to do to impress you really?XD It's not fluke that rooney was in those position, his movement was pretty good and as well as that its not as if the goals were all he did he was involved in almost everything we did.:P

For your information rooney has scored against chelsea, 2 against manchester city, once against spurs, the winner against aston villa in the carling cup final, 4 against ac milan ( who are obviously quite good if they can get into europe and past the group stages).

Oh and 2 against arsenal(K)

He has 30 goals so far this season, more than any striker in any other top league in europe.:P So give it a rest mate, if you really in your quite obviously deluded mind think rooney is an average player then please keep it to yourself. Quite frankly you are embarresing.

On the penalty at old trafford. I've explained that here.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/wayne-rooney-t28645/page3.html

Again, the goal at Old Trafford was a DIVE... Anyone with eyes and unbiased opinion can clearly see it. He was falling down a yard before contact was ever made...

Sad... I'm not the one getting mad here... ROFLS

I will state it again 18 of Rooney's 23 EPL goals have come against sides on par with West Ham or lower.

What does he have to do? Perform better against the bigs... I am a huge critic of Ronaldo as well. Rarely passes and rarely gets any assists for being a winger

Last edited:
So if Rooney didn't score those 18 goals against 'lower-standard' opposition, who would have?

Burnley beat United earlier in the season and I'll have you know they are statiscally the worst team in the league (first season in the top tier). Theoretically Burnley have beaten the best club in the league, Arsenal haven't. Rooney has scored against Arsenal (not quite sure against Burnley). Rooney has scored against AC Milan. Rooney has scored against Chelsea.

I'll bet anything you want on him to score against Barca should they meet sometime soon.

Again, the goal at Old Trafford was a DIVE... Anyone with eyes and clearly and unbiased opinion can see it. He was falling down a yard before contact was ever made...

I will state it again 18 of Rooney's 23 EPL goals have come against sides on par with West Ham or lower.

What does he have to do? Perform better against the bigs... I am a huge critic of Ronaldo.
I'm in no way mad.

Still a penalty.

Strange, i just checked and i'm pretty sure it's only 14.

Perform against the bigs? First of all stop calling them " the bigs" you sound like a moron. Secondly, did you totally miss the list i made of all the goals he has scored against big teams.

You obviously seem to think Rooney is some kind of flat track bully who only scores against the small teams, so I would just like to lay down some facts for you.

Games Rooney has played against the top 5 teams: 5
Goals Rooney has scored has scored against the top 5 teams: 4

Thats only in the league, he has also played one game against chelsea in the community shield and scored.

i just wanted to know for my point im gonna make, i dont think it matters fully that people dont score against the top teams, i think that most teams in the prem are good and if you score enough goals then it means you are a good player, i think hes the best in the prem, my point about him being best in the world is for another time

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Basically what you are saying is because of his AC Milan performance makes him the best striker in the world? ROFLS... Then I can make the statement that the Nasri goal was better then anything Flipper or Messi has done this year so that makes him the best... We can play this card all day but the fact of the matter is that 18 of his 23 goals in the EPL are against Relegation Side. Opponents and goals against Wolverhampton are different then goals against Pool, Chelsea, etc.

Again, the goal at Old Trafford was a DIVE... Anyone with eyes and unbiased opinion can clearly see it. He was falling down a yard before contact was ever made...

What does he have to do? Perform better against the bigs... I am a huge critic of Ronaldo as well. Rarely passes and rarely gets any assists for being a winger

Serouisly please tell me you are joking.

5 top teams? who are they?

Arsenal, Spurs. Villa, City Chelsea i think.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------[/COLOR]

To **** in Man City fan here hate utd and Rooney. Buuutttt your logic is flawed guess what every team in the EPL plays against the same teams further more every team in the world plays the same teams in there leagues.

In short Rooney scoring them goals agianst lower teams means **** all guess what every other fit striker in the EPL has had the chance to score aginst the exact same teams same in Spain Real Barce etc they have all played the lower teams in there leagues and no striker is playing as well as Rooney is at the moment.

The question asked was who is the best striker in the world "Today" and that is Wayne Rooney he's scored goals set up goals and been involved in nearly everything Man Utd do, therefore this season Rooney is the "Best" striker in the world.

If Drogba had scored 30 this season against whatever team's he fancied scoring aginst he would be the best same with RVP he had banged 4 past Hull no one would look back and begrudge him them goals because Hull are generally **** unless there playing aginst City.

End of the day Goals are Goals Liverpool if im correct didnt lose to any of the top 4 last season and still lost the EPL why they didnt beat the lesser teams Stoke etc they couldnt score enugh aginst these lower teams. If united win the league this season it will be down to Rooney and his goals aginst the lesser teams and as said he has scored aginst the big teams aswell.

Now move on you fail ;)

RoyJonesJr is offline.

We showed him ^^)

Back