Is Sir Alex and over-rated manager???

SuperDude

Banned
Reaction score
No doubt Sir Alex has done well for Manchester United but I think he is talked up way too much at times. Lets be honest Fergie has failed in Europe, Manchester United should of won much more then 2 CL's in all the years he has been in charge but Fergie has seen his team eliminated by clubs like Dortmund Porto Leverkusen etc, teams that had much inferior players. This has been another season where Manchester United should of won the CL but Fergie messed it up again by signing **** bargain bucket players like Owen and keeping faith in over-priced flops like Carrick and Berbatov. Robben and Sneijder should of come to Manchester United as part of the Ronaldo deal, but Fergie has long since lost the plot in the transfer market.

He has recently spent 20 million on Smalling and Hernandez, a top calibre player like Luis Fabiano could of been signed for less then that and gone straight into the starting line-up but Fergie is wasting all the transfer funds on rubbish no mark players like Obertan Diouf Tosic Hernandez Smalling etc. Manchester United will go down the toilet next season without two quality signings, a striker and a playmaker, if Fergie does not deliver these two signings then he is not doing his job properly and should be sacked in my opinion, what does everyone else think?

this is a worse thread than the 'is drogba actually good' thread. the man is an absolute genius yes his a pest as a chelsea fan lol but just sensational. whenever utd seem to be pushed out as the best team in england 1st by blackburn then by arsenal and then by chelsea they always come back bigger and better.

i aint gonna lie. half the stuff is true but even if he doesnt sign any top class players no chairman would have the balls to sack him after what he has done for the club. If he was sacked the fans would riot as well imo

Yeah.. he's pretty **** tbh, winning so many trophies and building numerous destructive squads.. would replace him with Luis Philipe Solari or such like anyday.. the alcaholic scot doesn't know what he's doing.. pah...

Rubbish thread :\

Quality manager, not overrated at all.

/Thread.

Yes. He is overrated.

oO)

Also Superdude, then Arsene Wenger must be **** too for buying so many youngsters.. C.Ronaldo and Cesc Fabregas.. god silly signings. Obertan is supposed to be a french revelation, Hernandez's attacking record speaks for itself, Diouf was recommended personally by OGS20 and Smalling had loads of top scouts sniffin all over him.. they are great signings tbh, i'd rather have youngsters like that who can adapt to the premier league than some good (but not amazing) player like Fabiano who could flop so easily.

I think you need to look at what he did for Aberdeen.

you have to look at it this way, every manager is going to sign flops simple as that, all you need to do is look at the bad players to good ratio that fergie has bought plus the success he has won, i hate the fact i love him as a manager lol.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I think you need to look at what he did for Aberdeen.

enough said!!

Stupid thread really , Alex Ferguson is the greatest manager thats ever lived and always will be .

Well, you'd have to be an absolute **** not win anything with what has been the richest club in the world. But, like JP said, look at Aberdeen. Clearly the man is a great manager.

One of the greatest managers in the game no doubt.

However, 1 minute and one kick of the ball away from having 0 CL trophies. On another day it could have been all so different.

Anyway, what he's done in the game is truely remarkable and is already an all-time great.

If Alex Ferguson is over-rated.

My name is Paul ****.

It is also worth noting that the only 2 CL's that he has won were both a complte fluke and luck out, Bayern dominated in 99 and could of be 3 or 4 up before the injury time goals, and against Chelsea if Terry had scored his pen then they would of lost that too. Look at the final v Barcelona and the midfield Fergie put out, Anderson and Carrick in the centre who are both average players and neither of whom are a proper DM, Park on the right wing who is an average work horse player and Rooney out of position on the left wing, Giggs in the centre who does not have the legs to play against the likes of Barca anymore. That must be the worst midfield that has ever appeared in a CL Final, so mediocre and disorganised. If Fergie thought that would be good enough against Barcelona then he is deluded.

WE have to remember alex didnt take over man utd with the funds like mourinho had at chelsea alex ferguson built man utd from the ground up , they are as rich and as successful as they are due to him