Is Sir Alex and over-rated manager???

i am pretty sure that fergy is more authorized to pick wether players are good or bad than you, where is your two champions league trophies oO)

St. Mirren
Aberdeen
Manchester United
Individual

Orders and special awards

YEAH ... THIS GUY IS THE MOST OVER-RATED FOOTBALL MANAGER IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH.

his record as a manager:
  • East Stirlingshire: 17games, won 10, drew 4, lost 3,goals for 22, against 15, win percentage 58.82%​
  • St Mirren: 151games, won63, drew49, lost39, goals for 300, goals against 252, win percentage 41.72%​
  • Aberdeen: 455games, won268, drew106, lost80, goals for914, against374, percentage 59.12%​
  • Scotland: 10games, won3, drew4, lost3, for8, against5,percentage 30.00%​
  • Man Utd: 1332games, won785, drew308, lost239, for2421, against1189, percentage58.93%​

If Alex Ferguson is over-rated.

My name is Paul ****.

Can somebody tell me who Paul **** is? People seem to have a crush on him because since I have joined the site all I see are references to Paul **** and people saying that they love him.

It is also worth noting that the only 2 CL's that he has won were both a complte fluke and luck out, Bayern dominated in 99 and could of be 3 or 4 up before the injury time goals, and against Chelsea if Terry had scored his pen then they would of lost that too. Look at the final v Barcelona and the midfield Fergie put out, Anderson and Carrick in the centre who are both average players and neither of whom are a proper DM, Park on the right wing who is an average work horse player and Rooney out of position on the left wing, Giggs in the centre who does not have the legs to play against the likes of Barca anymore. That must be the worst midfield that has ever appeared in a CL Final, so mediocre and disorganised. If Fergie thought that would be good enough against Barcelona then he is deluded.

you need luck in football simple as that. he hasent got to where he is now by luck as he.

Don't know if they were both lucky maybe 99 like but that would be it, even game in Moscow after the 90 mins either side deserve to lose. though i don't know why he has mentioned the two Europeans cups im sure Fergie has more? :/

Hes an amazing manager, anyone who says otherwise is retarded

just use the search bar type paul **** then search members, idont think he comes on any more :(

(o_O) Toughy, well on the one hand, you could say yes. But on the other (completely logical one) you could say no. I mean you know, whatever - i'm just putting it out there

No doubt Sir Alex has done well for Manchester United but I think he is talked up way too much at times. Lets be honest Fergie has failed in Europe, Manchester United should of won much more then 2 CL's in all the years he has been in charge but Fergie has seen his team eliminated by clubs like Dortmund Porto Leverkusen etc, teams that had much inferior players. This has been another season where Manchester United should of won the CL but Fergie messed it up again by signing **** bargain bucket players like Owen and keeping faith in over-priced flops like Carrick and Berbatov. Robben and Sneijder should of come to Manchester United as part of the Ronaldo deal, but Fergie has long since lost the plot in the transfer market.

He has recently spent 20 million on Smalling and Hernandez, a top calibre player like Luis Fabiano could of been signed for less then that and gone straight into the starting line-up but Fergie is wasting all the transfer funds on rubbish no mark players like Obertan Diouf Tosic Hernandez Smalling etc. Manchester United will go down the toilet next season without two quality signings, a striker and a playmaker, if Fergie does not deliver these two signings then he is not doing his job properly and should be sacked in my opinion, what does everyone else think?

Yes of course, he is such a **** manager. With all the trophies he has won and even though we signed this "****" and keeping faith with the "flops" whilst going through an injury crisis we still managed to finish 2nd one point Chelsea. Disaster really. Idiot.

No wonder why he left to another forum.

On topic: @ Kevy, under the circumstances that you won in Moscow, it was extremely lucky.

Crushos post above with the guys award record says it all really :)

Dortmund put us out of Europe, true. But then Dortmund went on to WIN the CL that season. Leverkusen put us out as well, and went on to the Final only to lose to a Zidane wondergoal!! Porto put us out and went on to WIN. Barcelona beat us in last seasons final, in a season where they were virtually unbeatable and where the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Eto'o and Xavi were enjoing their best season up to that point.

True he has made some truly terrible signings, Berbatov among the most colossal flops but every manager makes them. And yes he has a policy of going for youth, but where does overspending on huge signings take you? Look at Real Madrid, the first Galactico Era fell apart and the second hasnt produced much either. Ronaldo, Bezema, etc won ZERO this season.

You obviously havnt looked much into these kinda things before making the most stupidly uneducated opinion on one of the best managers to have graced football.

Last edited:
It is also worth noting that the only 2 CL's that he has won were both a complte fluke and luck out, Bayern dominated in 99 and could of be 3 or 4 up before the injury time goals, and against Chelsea if Terry had scored his pen then they would of lost that too. Look at the final v Barcelona and the midfield Fergie put out, Anderson and Carrick in the centre who are both average players and neither of whom are a proper DM, Park on the right wing who is an average work horse player and Rooney out of position on the left wing, Giggs in the centre who does not have the legs to play against the likes of Barca anymore. That must be the worst midfield that has ever appeared in a CL Final, so mediocre and disorganised. If Fergie thought that would be good enough against Barcelona then he is deluded.

I'm pretty sure that football is won on who scores the most goals. Even when it goes down to penalties. So he won them fair and square.

And as for the guy that said its easy to win with the richest club in the world if you were referring to United then I will point out that they nearly got relegated in his first season and that he still went on to be the most succesful manager ever. No, he is not overrated. Clearly, he is just a very good manager.