Is Sir Alex and over-rated manager???

It is also worth noting that the only 2 CL's that he has won were both a complte fluke and luck out, Bayern dominated in 99 and could of be 3 or 4 up before the injury time goals, and against Chelsea if Terry had scored his pen then they would of lost that too. Look at the final v Barcelona and the midfield Fergie put out, Anderson and Carrick in the centre who are both average players and neither of whom are a proper DM, Park on the right wing who is an average work horse player and Rooney out of position on the left wing, Giggs in the centre who does not have the legs to play against the likes of Barca anymore. That must be the worst midfield that has ever appeared in a CL Final, so mediocre and disorganised. If Fergie thought that would be good enough against Barcelona then he is deluded.

Mate when Sir Alex took charge of Manchester United Liverpool already had 18 league wins, and Man Utd were no where near them, now they are level with them and look much, much more likely to bypass them...

Now think about if he is over-rated.....

And BTW I don't even like Sir Alex he was an amazing Rangers Striker in his day and it kills me to say that he is by far a godly manager.

Mate when Sir Alex took charge of Manchester United Liverpool already had 18 league wins, and Man Utd were no where near them, now they are level with them and look much, much more likely to bypass them...

Now think about if he is over-rated.....

And BTW I don't even like Sir Alex he was an amazing Rangers Striker in his day and it kills me to say that he is by far a godly manager.

Agreed. Man Utd have won 11 of their 18 league titles with Fergie, as well as most of their success.

The OP trolls everyone elses threads... SAF has made a club into a global brand in 20 years and a name etched in history... Best of all, he ****** off scousers.

Sir Alex, is possibly the best manager ever to grace the game, his record speaks for its self. Even though i dont like the old git you cannot say he is over rated. He did learn from my hero though so that why i would call him the best ever lol the late great Jock Stein. haha soz off topic but had to put that bit in.

I'm sure superdude is not United supporter, he is either City or Liverpool fan taking ****. Forget about this thread, his posts in football forums regarding united are weird.

He's not overrated at all, yes he has had little success in Europe but the CL is the hardest trophy in the World to win because of the quality of sides. The last team to win the retain the CL two seasons in a row was AC Milan in 89 and 90. English sides didn't do too well in Europe during the late 80's and early 90's due to there exile from European football which left them behind there European rivals in Italy and Spain and SAF did well to break the duck for English teams winning the CL for in 99 for the first time in 15 years. You may think SAF hasn't won many CL's but can you name that many Manager's that have, it is certainly and exclusive club.

Last edited:
It is also worth noting that the only 2 CL's that he has won were both a complte fluke and luck out, Bayern dominated in 99 and could of be 3 or 4 up before the injury time goals, and against Chelsea if Terry had scored his pen then they would of lost that too. Look at the final v Barcelona and the midfield Fergie put out, Anderson and Carrick in the centre who are both average players and neither of whom are a proper DM, Park on the right wing who is an average work horse player and Rooney out of position on the left wing, Giggs in the centre who does not have the legs to play against the likes of Barca anymore. That must be the worst midfield that has ever appeared in a CL Final, so mediocre and disorganised. If Fergie thought that would be good enough against Barcelona then he is deluded.
This statement is an absoulte joke.

First point you said Bayern dominated in 99 (yes but they didnt win, i am an Arsenal Fan but come on!!!) United won the game because of Bayerns inability to finish the game.

Next point : If terry scored that penalty. Thats as bad as saying United would have won that game if wasnt for drogba scoring that goal. Football is all about luck. You either have it on the night or you dont.

Third point: worst midfield in CL final, anyone would look mediocre aginast barcaelona. But serriously Giggs although does not have the legs he did have 20 years ago can still play at that level and plays wells when called upon.

I really dont think you are a united fan as all you seem to do is put you team down and your players down.

I am also a celtic fan and it really pains me to say it cause he was a rangers player. But he is one of the best managers in the world.