Is Sir Alex and over-rated manager???

Haha I love how all the Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds etc fans come out to slam this guy for talking ****. But give the guy a break, he probably wasn't born in time to see what Fergie has really done, so don't slam the OP kid too hard (H)

Anybody who knows anything about football knows about Fergie's achievements :S

Haha I love how all the Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds etc fans come out to slam this guy for talking ****. But give the guy a break, he probably wasn't born in time to see what Fergie has really done, so don't slam the OP kid too hard (H)

Well I am going to assume he is over the age of 9, Man U in the last 5 years have won [this is not fact-but my estimation] 3 or so leagues, Champions League, and final another time, FA cup finals this year , 2nd in League this year ect. ect. ect.

Hmm... It's hard to say... But I think that... When all comes to all... Umm... Okay, I'm just gonna blurp it out then:
NO.

is this kid for real?

Sir Alex Ferguson (no bias intended) is the ONE of the GREATEST managers ever to manage the game. His trophy record speaks for itself. How you or anyone else can think he is over-rated is just crazy.

Close the thread please

Ugh,I hate idiots like SuperDude that make the most random and completely pointless threads just to kick everyone off.

Where is a mod to close this?

Ugh,I hate idiots like SuperDude that make the most random and completely pointless threads just to kick everyone off.

Where is a mod to close this?
Close it why? If he wants to ask the question he can. Might be a stupid question but ive seen alot worse threads.

ok maybe he makes a few bad signings but i dont know how anybody can question his overall managerial ability

Eric Cantona, £1.2m
Peter Schmeichel, £550,000
Roy Keane, £3.75m
Denis Irwin, £625,000
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, £1.5m
Mark Hughes, £1.8m
Steve Bruce, £800,000
Andy Cole, £7m
Teddy Sheringham, £3.5m
Nemanja Vidic, £7m

Didnt get those ones wrong though!

Close it why? If he wants to ask the question he can. Might be a stupid question but ive seen alot worse threads.

There's going to be pages and pages of people saying how he is not underrated,so there's not really much point of keeping it open.

Besides,I think he's got enough answers.

Almost 100 of them.

I know im arriving late into this thread but SAF is a football icon / legend /hero however he is a terrible shopoholic... i keed but seriously theres been bad signings (like most managers) but he overpays.

fergie is definitly not over rated but even he will admit he is disopointed with how many european trophies he has one with man utd

Wow, this thread is retarded. Not because of the OP. He made a valid point and backed it up well enough.

Whats retarded, is he's been verbally *** raped since. Pages and pages of people saying he's not over-rated and then leaving little comments to "describe" the OP. Or sarcastic replies like, "yeah, he's a totally **** manager", even though thats not what the OP is saying. I've seen some people post in this thread more than once just to say "no"

he's a very good manager, but some of his signing have, well, been pointless. Why did he buy both Ljacic and Tosic and what was the point in Klebersen, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion etc.

However, tactically, he is excellent, and that's coming from a Chelsea fan

I remember Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba, LOL Well done fergie.

To be fair your gonna have probably 10+ bad signings if you've been managing for 20+ years, right?

he's a very good manager, but some of his signing have, well, been pointless. Why did he buy both Ljacic and Tosic and what was the point in Klebersen, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion etc.

However, tactically, he is excellent, and that's coming from a Chelsea fan

just saying he didnt get ljacic he ended up going to fiorentina.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

To be fair your gonna have probably 10+ bad signings if you've been managing for 20+ years, right?

exacly my point mate, its not managers fault if players look good in their league then when they move they fail to make an impact i mean look at shevchenko.

I think you lot should ease off the OP guy... I don't know how old he is but I'm guessing he wasn't around when Fergie was at Abradeen or took over United (I wasn't either mind) and just wanted to get a debate going. I personally think that for all he has done down the years, he deserves the hype he gets, but with me being a city fan or no city fan (and I'll brace myself for the stick I'm gonna get here) United are the most OVER-hyped team in the world, due to their global support and due to the nature of their manager and their history. They deserved to be hyped, obviously, but in my opinion they are overhyped. This may give people the impression Fergurson is overrated.
I think he is the best manager ever. However, I think that if Mourinho had the same length of time Fergurson had at United, he would have won more trophies. The thing about Fergurson is he actually managed to steer them to the top - would Jose have done that?