Is Sir Alex and over-rated manager???

• Thread starter Thread starter SuperDude
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 8K
As a Leeds fan I hate to say it but he is one of the best managers ever. If only his attitude wasn't so bad and he didn't call referees 'unfit' simply because he didn't win a match. Seriously the amount of time added on at the end of matches at Old Trafford if Man Utd are losing is sometimes just beyond belief! But the managing part he is second to none. Signing Ronaldo as youngster for around £10M I think (not fully sure) and then selling him for £90M has to be the most profit a manage had ever made selling a player

Why don't we just close the thread because there's going to be more ranting about how much of an idiot SuperDude is for making such a pointless thread.

My answer to his question? No.

Every team he has managed has been in a better position when he's left -- so even if he is overrated, he's still a great manager. United were pretty cack when he took over too -- now they're the best team (overall) of the past 20 years. You can't stay at the top for that long if you're not more than half-decent at what you do, otherwise he'd have been found out by now.

Just think, if Arsenal hadn't been so pushy, they could have had all those trophies instead.

Last edited:
Is it me or is it superdude who always trolls threads and makes bad ones

Yeah I completely agree I mean anyone could win in Europe with Aberdeen, Phil Brown could do it in his sleep.

Also Brian Clough is over rated. So is ***. And winning the lottery. Quite a lot of things are overrated ^^)

He is a great manager, but come on he manages Man utd. They should be favourites to win everything and to be honest i don't think he would be anywhere near as successful if he managed a weaker team.

He is a great manager, but come on he manages Man utd. They should be favourites to win everything and to be honest i don't think he would be anywhere near as successful if he managed a weaker team.

You should research his past teams and achievements -- and Man Utd were nowhere near the best team in England when he took over.

like Aberdeen?

You are talking about the man who has won 11 premier league titles out of what? 17?
2 champions leagues, both against very strong opposition who were hardly short on talent OR money?
Signed ronaldo for 12.5mil, sold for 80mil after getting hundreds of goals out of him?
Didn't even entertain the transfer market this year and yet still almost won the league?
Built like 18 years worth of world beating sides pretty much from scratch?
Managed to stay employed in the prem, the best and hardest league in the world, for 25 years?
Won in europe with Aberdeen?
Became manager of one of the largest clubs in history based purely on merit?
If its him your talking about, then no, no he's not overrated, he's a ******* genius.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

also the man who scares the living **** out of most players and managers.
The man who made kevin keegan cry, andbasically fooled him into handing man u the league
Also did a similar thing with rafa.

How can be a manager on charge of one of the top clubs on the whole world for so many years over rated?

although he chews too much gum, and looks like a confused ****** when celebrating a goal

he is the almighty of football management, his record speaks for its self.

and no matter what has happened during his career in football management he has never compromised his ethics and still been hugely successful.

he has built teams over and over again, having to remould his side, and still won the lot

how you can criticise a man of his integrity i have no idea, take a good hard look at yourself.

Last edited:
probably cos he just got universally slammed for being a ***

Haha I love how all the Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds etc fans come out to slam this guy for talking ****. But give the guy a break, he probably wasn't born in time to see what Fergie has really done, so don't slam the OP kid too hard (H)

Haha I love how all the Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds etc fans come out to slam this guy for talking ****. But give the guy a break, he probably wasn't born in time to see what Fergie has really done, so don't slam the OP kid too hard (H)
lol sorry i have no sympathy for him. it would have taken five minutes to find this out, also he trolls other peoples threads so he gets what he deserves

Back