Not cheating, but it will destroy your finances eventualy.

morally it may be considered cheating as you had no intention of paying the fee when you signed the players
But
its in the rules, and has happened in real life (portsmouth) so well done, i bet your chairman gives you a ******* at night as a reward haha

You know what? You just gave me a great idea to improve my squad, since I have no money. (H)

Is this one of the clauses then? So I just have to set it as one of the clauses?

Great idea. It's not cheating because you're playing within the rules of the game. But that's because you came up with it. If someone reading this goes and starts using this tactic, than I think it'd be cheating.

Selling them before the 50th game to me thats cheating-ish you might as well use FMRTE to change the transfer to £0 other its good idea to get a player on finance good idea for a team like tottenham could sneak the title then you get load of money for winning

No not cheating but on the borderline. But clever

This was brought up a couple of years ago. The consensus then was that it was cheat.

Portsmouth may have done something similar, but that was due to the circumstance that they were going bankrupt.

If a club did this normally for purely financial gain, when it was unnecessary for them to do so, the media would be all over them, the manager would most likely be forced to resign, the club may even be taken to court for purchasing goods under false pretences.

With this in mind, I must say I consider it cheating, just because the game lets you do it doesnt mean you should... remember the corner cheat of FM2010 or the "Diablo Tactic" of CM03/04?...

Yet I must admit the "Diablo Tactic" was funny when your AMC scored over 100 goals a season.

You know what? You just gave me a great idea to improve my squad, since I have no money. (H)

Is this one of the clauses then? So I just have to set it as one of the clauses?

You can't do it if you don't have any funds currently available. If for example you agree to pay 5 million after the player has 50 appearances, it'll only go through if you have at least 5 million available in your current budget at the time of the transfer. So if you have a 20 million budget, the maximum you can offer for the player is 20 million, even if you don't pay it right away. But as I said before, you can offer 20 million for as many players as you want, as after each transfer goes through your budget will always remain the same. You can then adjust the wage budget using the unused funds, to account for the extra wage costs.

Last edited:
It depends , did you do it with the intention of letting them go after 49 games and making a profit?
If you did i would consider that very unprofessional towards your players.

Of course he did ;)

ur extremly gay

You should never post on this forum again !

Personally I don't class it as cheating as such more as to exploiting a Flaw ot mistake in the game. It is unrealistic due to the fact no real team would Bid or Accept a bid like your idea.

As you notice on here majority of the people on here are people who hardly post therefore are most likely on this forum to find out idea's and tactics because they can't do it themselves hence why they all say not cheating & brilliant.

Plus IRL say you did actually sign the 7 players first season with that clause and release them before, It would be all over the papers and no other team would accept your bids in the second season because they know what your plans would be.

You might aswell use FMRTE to buy a player for £0 or to set your money to £90000000000000, because the results will be the same, just without the hassle of bidding.

I try and play the game as realistically as possible, so its not something i would do, however its just an exploitation or Prostitution of a flawed transfer system .

But its all good haha

yeah there doing it with michael brown at the moment

I think you'll find it's completely different. We paid a fee for Brown and we're not playing him now because it would initiate a clause in his contract giving him a new contract on the same wages which we can't afford.

There's no similarities, we don't owe Wigan anything if he plays another game it's between the player and the club. He won't take a wage cut under a new contract so what can we do?

Back on topic, imo it's not cheating, just very clever as others have said. Congrats on working it out.