Wouldn't call it conventinal cheating. More like manipulating a flaw in the game.

IMHO anything that isn't realistic is cheating, no matter how easy it is to do using the features within the game...

...but it's clever all the same :)

So, you avoid making transfers that might not be realistic?

So, you avoid making transfers that might not be realistic?

I play by LLM rules...

if a player appears in my game through scouting, media reports or assistant/coach recommendation then I'll look at them, similarly if he plays against my team or I happen to see him in a game I've gone to watch (e.g. reserves/youth next opponent, etc)

if they don't then, as far as I'm concerned, they don't exist... even though I may know about them in RL or because I've seen them mentioned in a forum post or whatever.

I don't even sign players I might have signed in previous saves, never mind previous versions, unless they show up by one of the above routes...

realism FTW! :D

In reality some people manipulate games and do everything to win, so why should this be cheating. People also cheat in reality, so the game is very realistic

The AIs willingness to accept these sorts of deals needs to be changed. On topic though, no its not cheating.

Nah this is cheating it isnt realistic. Clubs always accept these offers its ludicrous even more so than monthly instalments because the player is effectively coming to you on free transfer,n i guess your saying using corner exploits isnt cheating as well? :S

The AIs willingness to accept these sorts of deals needs to be changed

^^

I also tried this with Man City, and I was able to buy 14 top players in my first transfer window. When I go to my transfer history, it includes the potential fee after clauses and it said my total transfer spending is 718 million, but of course I didn't actually spend a penny. However the maximum you can offer to pay someone after 50 league apperances is 40 million, so I got around this by offering another 40 million once the player gets a minimum of 50 league goals, to give a potential transfer of 80 million which is just as effective in getting the club to accept. Of course you can add some money upfront too if you're feeling generous.
Also with a team like city you don't even need to bother selling them before they meet their clauses, as when I didn't the owner just pumped in the necessary funds anytime I was in the red zone for when I had to pay the large transfer fees for these players. So it’s just a fast way to sign lots of players in a very short amount of time basically. Pic of transfer history first season:

view-pic.php

Last edited:
really brilliant! I should give that a try with my southampton.

i dont think there is any club in real life who will allow you to take their players without a single cent and only pay them after 50 games...

no, no such club in the world is that stupid.

of course you cant be called cheating/

I play by LLM rules...

if a player appears in my game through scouting, media reports or assistant/coach recommendation then I'll look at them, similarly if he plays against my team or I happen to see him in a game I've gone to watch (e.g. reserves/youth next opponent, etc)

if they don't then, as far as I'm concerned, they don't exist... even though I may know about them in RL or because I've seen them mentioned in a forum post or whatever.

I don't even sign players I might have signed in previous saves, never mind previous versions, unless they show up by one of the above routes...

realism FTW! :D

So IRL, managers don't hear about players and what not and then look into them?