Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan confirm departure

AC Milan's owner Paolo Maldini has confirmed the first piece of business of the summer.
Central defender Alex has left the San Siro to join Fiorentina for an undisclosed fee. This has come as quite a surprise to most people as Alex had just joined on a free from PSG earlier this summer. However, the Brazilian cannot have done enough to impress defensive legend Paolo, who stated:

Alex was so slow on a few of our summer practices, that he lost sprints to Mauro Tassotti, our assistant manager. Mauro looks in good shape however, and I might consider offering him a playing contract if he keeps up his good work! Anyways, best of luck to Alex, he is used to wearing some sort of purple anyways, Fiorentina will suit him.
View attachment 283819

Alex, best suited for purple. And playing a bad guy in action movies.

1412629416.png

Hellas Verona have become the latest Serie A club to announce a new Chairman, with 2006 World Cup winner Mauro Camoranesi returning to the club he spent two years with during his playing career.

Camoranesi was part of arguably Verona's most talented squad; the squad however was surprisingly relegated in 2002, despite being filled with future stars including fellow World Cup winners Massimo Oddo and Alberto Gilardino, Adrian Mutu and Danish centre back Martin Laursen.

Whether Camoranesi is here as just the public face of the new consortium owning Verona, or the man behind all the decisions for the consortium, similar to Daniel Levy at Tottenham, is unknown. What is known is that Camoranesi brings a lot to the club, a World Cup winner with a fantastic reputation within the sport, a player the Verona fans have always held a soft spot for and he had a great career within Serie A, where Verona are so desperate to remain.

There is a reason why Verona are tipped by many critics to be relegated this season, and the average age of the squad may be the biggest. Luca Toni impressed one and all by scoring 20 goals last season in Serie A, but will he be able to repeat those feats? For Verona to survive, they may need to rely on more than a 37 year old striker, regardless of his undoubted qualities.

Camoranesi's press conference is to come tomorrow, where he is expected to announce his expectations for the season, what his role within the club and consortium really is, and what players and staff changes may be on the agenda.

img-camoranesi-a-la-juve-zlatan-n-etait-qu-un-joueur-parmi-les-autres-1369952808_620_400_crop_articles-170068.jpg

Cameronesi and his famous ponytail starred during the 2006 Fifa World Cup. Can he emulate his playing success in the boardroom?

Milan announce shock move

View attachment 283706

Shock announcement as Inzaghi resigns as Milan manager.

Today we saw the first clear sign of Paolo Maldini's views on the Milan future as it seems he will not let former friendships be more important than the club. His former teammate and fellow Champions League winner Filippo Inzaghi was seen at meetings inside the San Siro until late last night, and now a statement has been released that confirms that Inzaghi has handed in his resignation. The statement says:

View attachment 283704
It is with a sad heart that today, the Rossoneri-family say goodbye to a dear friend, Super-Pippo himself. After talks over the club's future, mr. Inzaghi did not agree with the new owner's vision for the club's future, and thus elected to be released from his contract. Filippo was asked to stay on as a coach, but has elected to move on to search for a new employer.

It has not been made clear who Inzaghi's successor will be, but Italian media speculate that Maldini may look to some more experienced faces as he aims to rebuild Milan as a European force. Former players such as Frank Rijkard, Parma manager Roberto Donadoni, and Marco van Basten are all among the bookies favourites to become the new Milan manager.

Cagliari Signing

View attachment 283598

Cagliari chairman Gianluca Vialli is delighted to announce the loan signing of Michael Essien from AC Milan for the rest of the season.

He said "I'm ecstatic to secure to services of Michael for the season. He's a former Real Madrid and Chelsea player so he's played at the top level. He may be in the twilight of his career but I still believe he can be important in the club achieving their goals this season! I would also like to say what a pleasure it was to do business with the Milan chairman!"

Villas Boas appointed as Napoli manager
View attachment 283347
Andre Villas Boas has been announced as Napoli manager after Rafa Benitez was fired earlier in the day. His wage is rumored to be a pinch at 4.2k a week, with 2.9m in compensation to be paid. Villas Boas, who after failing in the Premier League with Chelsea moved to Russia and Zenit St Petersburg. When asked why the Portugeseman (?) was hired, owner Giuseppe Bruscolotti had this to say: "I couldn't resist his luscious locks: Benitez is old and fat, and I think a bit of youth and beautiful hair would server this club well."

View attachment 815769

Shock Move As Kanye Buys Roma!

A very strange and weird moment in time has come when Kanye West has jumped into the Footballing world buying Roma! Below is a recent press conference with Kayne West on the matter of buying the club.

Q: May I start by saying welcome to Italy and welcome to the footballing world Kayne! What made you want to buy Roma and was it a quick buy?
K: Yeah, it was a quick buy. I had a buddy who contacted me saying If I fancied buying a soccer club and I thought why the f*ck not.
Q: What do you think of the history of the club and where do you think you can take the club in the future?
K: History? What history are you on about? We are the future of all soccer! We will go to the top and from what I've heard this club has got some good players but we will see. If we don't do well I will have to open a can of whoop *** on these motherf*ckers.
Q: Is this for the long term Mr West or just something to keep you entertained for the time being?
K: What you trying to say? I'm not interested in this? Man, I got so much money I thought why not. If I run out of money then I'll have to get Kim naked in a new magazine or even make a *** tape!
Q: WOW! Steady on there. Do you know anything about this club to reassure the fans?
K: Of course I do, the standard of the club and training staff is amazing which will lead us to win medals.
Q: Do you have any players/managers in mind to help take this club forward?
K: Nope, not a clue! I will try and google some people later and see where I end up.
Q: Ok... Last question for today, Do you have any rival chairman as of yet due to your past history for kicking off at the smallest things?
K: Nah not yet, I've calmed down a lot since being with Kim and having North but will see what happens. If the wrong person doesn't respect me we will have trouble.

View attachment 283149
Ledley King purchases Inter Milan!!

Sky Sports: "We stand beside the new chairman of Inter Milan! So Mr King, why purchase a Serie A team?"

King: "Well Jim, Serie A is a fantastic league with a lot of famous teams that helped shape world football, Inter Milan being the most influential of all Serie A teams! Why wouldn't I want to own a part of history?" I also have experience with owning Tottenham, which will stand me in good stead when it comes to running this great club."

Sky Sports: Are you looking to take advantage of owning 2 different teams?"

King: "No not at all. I think both teams can shape their own history without help from one an other. So I will be keeping both teams as separate entities."

Sky Sports: Are you looking to change the way in which the club is run whether that be with a new manager or with a change of players?"

King: "Once again, not at all. Mancini is a fantastic manager who has done wonders for this club in the past and I would be a fool if I were to change that."

"I am looking to keep the current spine of the team together, although I have one major change in the pipeline which I will be announcing shortly, once all the paperwork has been completed!"

"I'm sorry but I must dash, I have a few meetings today which I cannot be late for! The fans should know though that I will do my utmost best to make this club a force in world football again!"

Sky Sports: "Thanks for your time, Mr King. There you have it folks, the new chairman of Inter Milan...Ledley King!!"

1412629416.png

Mauro Camoranesi held his first press conference this morning, with the transfer deadline just ten hours away. Camoranesi was in composed mood, but his calm exterior could be hiding his true feelings, with his Verona side lacking quality.

Here are some of the key statements made by the World Cup winning Chairman during his conference:

On his return to football as Chairman of Verona: “I retired from the playing side of the game recently after a number of seasons in Argentina, the country of my birth. Italy holds such a place in my heart, that the opportunity to return to this country was too good to resist. Being a Chairman allows me to be involved in the sport I love, with a club that began my love affair with Italy.”

On his involvement with the consortium owning Verona: “I am their choice of Chairman, it is simple. I am here to run the club on their behalf – yes I am accountable to them at the end of it all, but day to day decisions will run solely through me. I do not need to ask them about every decision I make. Like any job, it will be reviewed at stages, but they trust me to do the job and to do the job well.

Thoughts on the playing squad: “There is a lot of talent here, the side has been great over the last two seasons. The challenge is to establish ourselves in the division. We have a number of players performing at their peak or even past their peak powers, with the remaining hours of the window I will be hoping to add some youth and enthusiasm to the squad so it has a more balanced feel.”

How it compares to the Verona side of 2002 Mauro played in: “On paper, there is not the same quality. Reality wise, my team got relegated. We had a lot of guys who went on to be successful at bigger clubs, but they were not successful for Verona in 2002. If Verona kept the side together we had in 2002, then it would have become a great side – but we didn't perform that year, we were relegated and we all seeked a move to a higher level, and Verona fell by the wayside. That always disappointed me, and I was delighted when they returned to the top flight, where I feel they belong.”

Transfers and staff changes on the horizon with deadline looming: “We have already released Fernandinho (returns to Gremio) and Mattia Valoti (returns to AlbinoLeffe) from their loans. This frees up a substantial amount in the wage budget. I am looking to run a tight ship, I have looked at a number of players on the transfer list, and there are some great deals available from clubs higher up the ladder, such as Milan and Napoli, but the wages are an issue and I have not become desperate enough yet to offer for those players. If I can't get the players I need on lower wages, I will have to bid for established talent from these clubs and pay the premium that is their wages. As for staff changes, there is no change. Mandorlini is my coach, he has done a fantastic job at this club and I hope he is here for many more years to come.

With the deadline arriving, are any of your players available: “Everybody has a price. Except for Luca Toni. Toni can not be bought.”

View attachment 283066

Ashley Cole out!?

Cashley Cole, Errr I mean Ashley Cole. Could be leaving Roma ASAP according to close sources of Kanye West. Reports of rumours that Mr Cole has tried it in with Kim Kardashian just hours after Kanye had taken over of the Italian club. Kayne was rumoured to have wrecked the players dressing room in anger to try and find Ashley but had no luck so far, he shouted and screamed he would pay for what he has done and he WILL be leaving every soon.

We will keep you updated on all other reports.​

Last edited:
332190d1366269923-cash-strapped-champions-sampdoria-u.c._sampdoria_logo_4109.png

Sampdora being busy in the market!

Arnie has not long been in charge of the Serie A team but has been heavily involved with the ins and outs at the club.

Angeloa Ogbonna has joined from Juventus for a fee believed to be a round 4m

a big swap deal happened with Napoli

Samuel Eto'o left to join Napoli and in return Sampdoria received Jonathan De Guzman, Michu + 4m

Arnie would also like everyone to know that Corerrea and Obiang are available but would command a large fee

Napoli Announce Signings
View attachment 282794
View attachment 282792View attachment 282791View attachment 282790
Napoli chairman Giuseppe Bruscolotti (Or as he insists on being called, Gus 'I'll plumb your mum' Bruce) has announced a few high profile signings on the club's official website. Samuel Eto'o joins the club from Sampdoria, in exchange for
Michu and Jonathan de Guzman, as well as £4m. Gus believes this deal gets rid of 'two enormous wage whores' in exchange for a proven striker.
View attachment 282789View attachment 282782
Inter striker Mauro Icardi also joins, with Gonzalo Higuain and £10m going the other way. Gus had this to say: "I think that this is the deal that will decide our season. Icardi is one of the biggest prospects in football, and is already amazing. I hope he can live up to expectations. If not... he's getting the axe [Makes motion of decapitation with hands]"
View attachment 282788View attachment 282787
Two other excellent prospects also join, in the form of Jeronimo Rulli and Eder Alvarez Balanta
have also joined the club. With the team lacking a clear goalkeeper, Gus clearly feels that Rulli will fill that void, while Balanta should make up for a lack of defensive depth. Both are believed to have joined for £4.6m.

ROMA PUT THEIR HAND IN THEIR POCKETS
View attachment 816844

Kanye West has tonight announced and confirmed the signing of new left back, Alex Sandro. FC Porto and Brazilian footballer has decided to join Roma for a pricey £8.4m and we have some comments from both the chairman and player.

Q: With Alex joining your squad does that mean Ashley Cole is going?
K: Yes of course it does, I told you that last time out didn't I! Alex is a star defender and will go straight into the team with no problem.
Q: Alex, are you glad to be joining Roma or didn't you have much of a choice?
A: A Bit of both, I was a starter in the Porto setup and I really enjoyed myself out in Portugal but I guess I needed to join a bigger team which Roma is. I hope I can make a real difference and help the squad to do well this season as we have a great bunch of players here. I'm also looking to playing along side Iturbe as I think he is one to keep an eye on this year and the years to come.

You heard it here folks, Alex Sandro joins Roma but is he really happy? Who knows...

Milan making big changes!

View attachment 282736

New Milan manager announced.
After days of speculation, A.C. Milan chairman Paolo Maldini has announced the new manager to take the club forward. Despite rumours claiming Maldini would go for a former player, he has opted for a renown face to take control of the team.
The man that will lead Milan this season is none other than former Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Holland, Real Madrid and Chelsea manager, Guus Hiddink.

View attachment 282735
Guus' last employment was a two year job at Anzhi, where he left suddenly in 2013. Paolo Maldini declared that he had full faith in Guus to lead the club to victory: We have found the man that can get Milan back where they belong. Guus has the passion, tactical knowledge and motivational ability to create another legendary Milan team.

w618brbcnew9sg2mv0km24on.853x480x1.png

Shiek Dirka Dirka Has come forward to show the Best rome club faithful The loot collected from the and I quote "Dirka Dirka Muhamid jihad Tony sanabria Dirka Dirka"

Motivated by Sabermetrics and the Moneyball theory Shiek Dirka dirka has in his devise wisdom to form a new roman empire

Tony Sanabria a promising future striker has been stolen from Pretender Roman club with a future fee to be paid next year.

Guillermo Burdisso The best backup CB in the world was purchased for a middling fee from a South american club.

and Finally a backup midfielder has been acquired for a small fee from Hanover.

Even with these few purchases the bank has not only kept even but has expanded quite a bit. Expect some splashes in the winter transfer window and Shiek dirka Dirka steadies the team with reinforcements for a bid to European qualification bid.

377641d1264957082-re-lighting-fire-elland-road-leeds-story-sky-sports-banner.png

Former 3x WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee takeover of Sassuolo Complete.

aj-lee-_crop_exact.jpg

-AJ Lee makes a surprising move-​

In a shocking move, 3 time WWE Divas Champion and recently retired, AJ Lee has taken over Italian club, Sassuolo. The 28 year old from New Jersey, USA, made headlines as she shocked the world as she surprisingly retired from action inside a squared circle, which sparked much rumours. Well this perhaps answers them. AJ is set to be backed helped by husband Phil Brooks, also known as CM Punk to support the financial side of the club. Mrs Lee said, "It is my honor to say thanks to the fans who have already shown much support and have shared the kind words. I am not here to 'get attention' or anything like that. I'm here to prove women deserve roles in Football. Let's give women some respect. But back to the club, I am delighted. The club has potential and I'm excited to go and interact with all the staff and players. I'd love to create a legacy."

View attachment 282507

Five arrive on Deadline Day

Hellas Verona are delighted to announce the arrival of five new players after a hectic transfer deadline day.

New chairman and former Verona player Mauro Camoranesi promised to add youth to the squad in his press conference and he has delivered in a big way, with all five of the signings aged 21 or under.

Only one of the arrivals cost the club more than £1 million, but it can still be considered a bargain purchase; with versatile winger Jean-Paul Boëtius arriving from Feyenoord in exchange for £1.8 million. Boëtius, 20, made his big breakthrough last season with Feyenoord, scoring 10
goals in 29 Eredivisie appearances. His performances earned him a call up to the Netherlands National Team, where he debuted under Louis Van Gaal in a friendly against France. He was part of their preliminary squad for the World Cup, but did not make the final 23.

Boëtius has been convinced to move to Italy after discussions with his cousin, Urby Emanuelson, who first arrived in Italy in 2011 following a long spell with Ajax.

It seems the Eredivisie has been targeted as a league from which great talent can be signed, as all three of the “Foreign Club signings” allowed by the League’s regulatory body have arrived from this league. The second signing is 20 year old defensive midfielder Yassin Ayoub, from FC Utrecht. Ayoub arrives for a fee of £900,000 and has represented Netherlands at under-17, 18 and 19 level. Ayoub made his breakthrough last season with FC Utrecht, making 26 appearances and scoring 3 times. He is a player with a bright future and has the qualities to add something to the first team from the get-go.

The final signing from the Eredivisie is 19 year old Cedric Badjeck, who arrives from Excelsior. Badjeck is a raw player possessing both pace and decent technical ability; importantly as a striker he is a player that is comfortable both with the ball at his feet and in the air. Badjeck is eligible for the national teams of both Cameroon and the Netherlands, and it will be interesting to see if he develops well enough to have an International career. Verona fans won’t expect to see too much of Badjeck this season, with the likes of Toni, Saviola and Nicolas Lopez ahead of him in the pecking order, but it is certainly another commitment to the future by Camoranesi.

Ensuring that Domestic talent has not been ignored, Camoranesi has also bought in two players from the Italian Serie B. Italian under-21 right back Stefano Sabelli arrives from A.S. Bari for £800,000. Sabelli has represented Italy at every level from under-18 to 21 and arrives after appearing in 37 of Bari’s Serie B games last season. Sabelli came through the academy of A.S. Roma and has the ability to prove to Roma they made a mistake in letting him go and that he belongs in Serie A. Sabelli is the oldest of the club’s signing at 21.

The final signing comes from Avellino, with 20 year old central defender Rodrigo Ely joining for £600,000. Brazilian-born Ely came to Italy as a young teenager to join A.C. Milan from Grêmio, and has gone on to represent Italy at under-19 and 20 level. With two seasons of first team experience at Reggina and Varese (loan spells) under his belt, Milan decided to release Ely; seemingly because of the belief he would not become good enough to represent the club. Verona have seen something in him though, and have snapped him up for a big fee considering he had only just joined Avellino, who decided to make a quick profit on the youngster and cash in now.

All this has been achieved whilst reducing the wage budget, after releasing two players from their loans and selling the remaining 50% share held for Jorginho to Napoli. Camoranesi promised to add youth and to run a financially tight ship. With the first transfer window over, it appears Camoranesi is a man of his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.