It's All A Load of Balls...Back With A New European Journeyman Story

Not an easy introduction but hopefully you get another chance soon!

New Job

New Year, New Job

So I found myself out of work for just over a month, not too shabby considering I have one of the worst reputations in the world after my awful first job in Turkey and an 11% win record to my name.

I put in an application for virtually every job that came up over that month. Roles in Romania, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia and Greece were all applied for. It's fair to say that the Turkish clubs knew all about me and wanted to steer well clear, as every one of them knocked me back, most without even the courtesy of a call or an email to say I hadn't even made the shortlist.

I could only hope that there were teams out there in Europe who hadn't heard about the start I'd made to my career and were willing to give me a shot. It turns out there was a handful, but not many, as I was invited to attended a couple of interviews with minor clubs from the lesser European leagues.

View attachment 71101

View attachment 71100

It was clear to me that I wasn't in a position to be fussy....I just needed a chance to get back on the ladder, even if it was right at the very bottom, and I'd be accepting the first offer that came my way.

That offer did come....from a club called Mosonmagyarovari Te 1904. They were a small professional outfit from Hungary playing in the 2nd tier of Hungarian football. I gratefully accepted the opportunity to get back into management relatively quickly, although I did have to take a £25 pay cut. I signed up with my 1 year contract at £300 per week and look forward to getting to work immediately!

Mosonmagyarovar

Nickname: None
Year Founded: 1904
Value: £169k
City: Mosonmagyarovar

Professional Status: Professional
Training Facilities: Basic
Youth Facilities: Poor
Corporate Facilities: Basic

Stadium: Wittman Antal Park
Owned By: Unknown
Year Built: Unknown
Capacity: 3,375

Current Division: Nemzeti Bajnoksag II (Hungarian 2nd tier)
Fierce Rivals: None
Other Rivals: None
Derbies: None

View attachment 71099

Previous Honours:

View attachment 71098

It would seem that my new club have never won anything?!

The Stadium

This was my new home for the foreseeable future :S

Last edited:
What's the situation?

What's The Situation?

I join Mosonmagyarovari 21 games into the league campaign with them lying 13th in the table, from 20 teams. With a media predicted finish of 15th place, they weren't in bad shape. We were also still in the Hungarian Cup (known locally as the Magyar Kupa), having reached the fourth round already. The previous manager hadn't been sacked, but left of his own accord to join Gyori ETO, also in our league but a club of bigger stature and currently sitting 10th.

View attachment 71096

View attachment 71095

The board had set the targets for the remainder of the season. The cup was already hit as they only expected us to reach the 2nd round....all pressure off there. And there was very little in the way of pressure in the league either, as the board only expected us to avoid relegation.

View attachment 71093

Squad/Club Evaluation

Squad Evaluation

- Every player in my squad bar one, is Hungarian. Janos Szepe, on loan from Dunajska Streda, represents Slovakia
- Nearly everyone in the squad has a balanced personality
- I don't have an abundance of talent in the squad, although most of the players have plenty of potential to reach
- It seems we are seriously lacking in numbers and quality down the left side of the pitch
- I have good coverage at centre back
- I have a large number of strikers although most of them are only seen as average
- I have very good height in defence
- All of the players are on holiday as we are during the mid season break
- Morale is quite good across the squad
- Most of the players are at a good fitness level

View attachment 71085

View attachment 71084

Best Players

View attachment 71083

Laki is an attacking winger who is an ok crosser, but looks like he could really drive into the opponents half and when he gets opportunities to score, he has good finishing and composure stats.

View attachment 71082

Being a central midfielder, the key thing I'll be looking to utilize from Gabor is his passing ability. He's got decent acceleration as well and is a natural leader.

View attachment 71081

A winger with excellent dribbling and good pace too. He has some crossing ability and with decent technique and a good first touch, he could cause trouble for our opponents down the right wing.

Dynamics

Guess what - the player's are ****** about my appointment. New club, same story! Hopefully I'll have more luck with this lot and they'll give me a chance to settle in before jumping on my back! I have got some unhappy players to address immediately though, a couple looking for bigger clubs and a couple wanting more chances here!

View attachment 71080

Finances

Nearly £100k in the bank :)

But I'll need to trim those wages slightly to get within budget.

View attachment 71079

I'll have just over a month to settle in before the cup and league kicks off again for the 2nd half of the season. We play 4 friendlies in the meantime, which is perfect for me to get to know the lads and try to implement my tactics on the team.

View attachment 71078

Last edited:
Mid Season Break

Mid Season Break

We played four friendlies which gave me a chance to play around with tactics and get to know my new squad. We lost our first game against higher opposition so that was to be expected. We followed that up with a couple of draws and a win.

View attachment 71019

We unfortunately suffered some injuries to first team players which doesn't help just as I am trying to settle in.

View attachment 71018

View attachment 71017

View attachment 71016

We set up a new affiliation with Ujpest FC, from the Hungarian top tier.

View attachment 71015

Taking advantage of our new affiliation, I took young central midfielder, Bence Pavkovics, on loan for the rest of the season. I felt I was short in numbers in the central midfield role and have added Bence to the ranks for extra cover. He won't be a first team starter (initially), but when he steps in he offers a good work rate, pace and decision making through the centre of the pitch.

View attachment 71014

February 2018

February 2018

View attachment 71004

Four games as I start my competitive career with my new club. Two in the cup, which saw us go out in the 4th round....not a complete surprise as we were playing a team from the league above. In between the two cup games though, I introduced myself to Hungarian league football in the perfect way with two wins. I've already matched my win record from my whole time at Nazilli. The 6 points gained have seen us move up to 10th in the league :)

View attachment 71003

The Games

View attachment 71002

Magyar Kupa 4th Round 1st Leg: My first competitive game in charge is the 1st leg of the 4th round of the cup, and ends in a home defeat to Vasas FC, from the league above. We were convincingly beaten, dominated from start to finish and they were good value for the 3-0 win. ****, it looks like I've picked up where I left off at Nazilli.

View attachment 71001

We followed up the disappointment of our previous performance with a much better one here. Budafok came into the game a couple of league places below us and with the home advantage on our side, we kicked on and grabbed a very good 3-0 win. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was to get my first win under my belt so early.

View attachment 70999

Back to back wins!! Another strong home performance and another 3 points see us move up to 10th in the league. We left it late to grab the goals to win the game, but despite the stats suggesting an even game, all of their shots were long range efforts and they never really threatened us as we defending brilliantly.

View attachment 70996

Magyar Kupa 4th Round 2nd Leg: I took it that we were probably not going to turn around the 3-0 deficit from the first leg, and felt it was more important to focus on the league this season anyway, so I rested most of my first team players for this one and gave the reserves a shot so I could have a look at them. Unfortunately, nobody really took the opportunity and caught my eye to force their way into reckoning for a regular starting place.

Player of the Month

Roland Bohner
Right Winger

Appearances: 3
Goals: 1
Assists: 1
Dribbles: 5
Average Rating: 7.83

A solid 3 appearances from Bohner, who bags a goal and an assist. Watching the games, he is quickly becoming one of my favourites already. He's a beast at getting up and down that right side.

Other News

Another injury, this time my first choice goalkeeper will be our for a couple of months.

View attachment 70992

The January transfer window update (sorry its a month late). The teams across Europe certainly made up for the unusually quiet Summer window last year. The biggest transfer saw Leon Goretzka leave Schalke for Chelsea in a £70 million move. Sami Khedira moved back to his native Germany, joining Bayern Munich in a deal worth over £30 million. Ben Gibson confirms that British players are massively over-valued as he joins Tottenham for £26 million!!

View attachment 70987

Looking Ahead; March

We'll play 5 league games next month, taking on 4 teams in the top half of the table.

View attachment 70991

March 2018

March 2018

View attachment 70951

March, the month of draws it would seem! We kicked off with a defeat and then followed up with 4 draws in the league. I'm disappointed not to at least win one of the games, but at the same time I've got to be happy we didn't lose more than 1 game as we took on 4 teams in the top 8 in the league. We struggled going forward this month and scoring goals was tough, mainly due to the amount of injuries we've had. It's been hard work getting any level of consistency of fluidity with the tactics when the injuries have hit us so hard, I'm continuously changing my lineups dramatically for each game. Despite all this, we still hang on to 12th place in the league and finishing there at the end of the season would be considered a success.

View attachment 70949

The Games
View attachment 70947

We gave a good account of ourselves away from home against another side playing it out in mid table. Julian Bartos scored in 22 seconds to get us off to a flyer, although we were pegged back only 6 minutes later. It was 2-2 by half time and the home side applied a bit more pressure in the second half and managed to get the extra goal to take the win.

View attachment 70946

Gotta be happy to take the point from this one. We were thoroughly outplayed and conceded a **** of a lot of possession and chances to go with it. However, we held strong and managed to keep that clean sheet to secure a good point away from home.

View attachment 70945

Probably our worst performance since I took over. We just wasn't at the races as our visitors walked all over us on our own turf. Having said that, they couldn't find the back of the net and we'll take a point that we definitely didn't deserve!

View attachment 70944

Our opponents were 5th in the league at kick off and came into this one with 4 wins from their last 5 games, so we knew it would be a tough task to get anything from the game. So I'm pleased we managed to grab another point, despite being outplayed again by clear superior opposition.

View attachment 70943

Very much a game of two halves this one! The first was slow, boring and with not much action. But the game sparked into action in the 2nd half and came alive on 71 minutes when MTK took the lead. However, we fought back with 2 lates goals and it looked like we was going to record an excellent win against the team that were 3rd in the league, until they grabbed a late equalizer with virtually the last kick of the game.

Player of the Month

Valer Kapacina
Attacking Midfielder

Appearances: 3
Assists: 0
Key Passes: 8
Average Rating: 7.13

Valer was really starting to play well before being struck down by injury this month.

Other News

Injuries, injuries, injuries!!

View attachment 70942

View attachment 70941

View attachment 70940

View attachment 70939

View attachment 70938

View attachment 70937

Looking Ahead; April

A busy month ahead with 6 league games set to be played. We will play both the team at the top and the team at the bottom this coming month.

View attachment 70936

April 2018

April 2018

View attachment 70876

We picked up in April exactly where we left off in March....continuing a run of draws which stretched to an incredible 8 games before we were beaten by Soproni VSE. I don't know whether to look on the positive side that we are not being beat, or the negative that we are not winning....I mean it would be nice to win just one game here and there! Despite a run of 11 games now without a win, the board are still pretty happy with my performance as we maintain 13th place in the league with a comfortable 9 point buffer from the relegation places.

View attachment 70875

The Games

View attachment 70874

We kicked off the month continuing our trend of draws. This was our fifth one in a row. However, this one was tough to take in the fact that we were 3-1 up and threw it away against a team struggling down in 18th position! Our previous four results now read 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and 3-3.

View attachment 70873

Guess what....yep another draw...our 6th in a row now! We were big outsiders for this one against a side on the up and into 6th in the league. So we can walk away from this game with our heads held high as this was a good point.

View attachment 70872

As we took on 8th placed Bekescsaba, I wondered if we were capable of anything other than a ****** draw. And my thoughts proved right as believe it or not we recorded our 7th straight draw, this time a 1-1.

View attachment 70871

As we went into this game, I feared this would be the end of our drawing run, but not for the better. We were heavy favourites to lose this one as Nyiregyhaza came into this game 2nd in the league and on a run of 4 straight wins. To everyone's surprise it was us that took the lead in the 12th minute though....only to be pegged back a minute later. And you could probably guess what happened next...NOTHING. It remained that way and we ended our eighth straight game in a draw.

View attachment 70870

4th placed Soproni were up next, and the run of draws came to an end. For a long time it looked like this was going to end 0-0. Then it very quickly looked like it would end 1-1. Then they got the goal to secure all 3 points and inflict our first defeat in 9 games. I'd rather look at it that way than the fact we haven't won in 10!

View attachment 70869

Our final game of the month was against bottom side Dorog and gave us a perfect opportunity to get a much needed win. But no, we get back to our drawing ways. And we were f*cking ****...playing the bottom side and they made us look silly for large parts of this game.

Player of the Month

Roland Bohner
Right Winger

Appearances: 5
Goals: 2
Key Passes: 9
Average Rating: 7.38

Bohner has by far and away been the most consistent player in the team this month.

Other News

Our bad luck on the injury front continues. I've never known anything like it.

View attachment 70868

View attachment 70867

View attachment 70866

I'm hardly surprised our run of draws broke the club record...

View attachment 70865

Looking Ahead; May

The final 4 games of the season!

View attachment 70864

End of Season

End of Season

We finish the season with a mixed bag of results. A couple of defeats, a draw and a rare win. We turned in some decent performances this month with a new 4-4-2 formation I wanted to try out before the season ended and it's probably convinced me it's the way to go next year!

View attachment 70849

We finish the season in 12th position, which has to be considered a success as the club was expected to battle relegation this year. When I took over here, we were in 15th position, so I've managed to climb 3 places in the league...so I guess I've been successful, despite a shocking win ratio to my name. Despite not winning many games, I haven't lost many here either. Next season, if we can turn some of our draws to wins then we'll be in a good position to finish further up the table. I'm confident we can improve on what has been a slow, but steady, start to my reign here.

MTK Budapest secured the title on the final day of the season and Nyiregyhaza Spartacus will join them in the top tier next season. Dorog were a long way back in last place and will be relegated alongside Budafok and Csakvari TK whose fate was decided on the final day.

View attachment 70848

The media certainly think we had a good season.

View attachment 70841

No regrets from the board either.

View attachment 70839

My favourite player, Roland Bohner, secured the fan's player of the season award. Young player of the season went to 24 year old striker, Valer Kapacina.

View attachment 70843

Karacs was our top goalscorer, with only 13 goals, and I'll certainly be looking for him (or someone else) to be totalling a bigger tally than this next year as our leading scorer. Disappointing that not one player in the squad finished with an average rating higher than 7.0. The assists were fairly spread across the team....again I'd be looking for our top assists to be more than just 6 next season.

View attachment 70842

As far as the dynamics goes, I've got a good dressing room atmosphere going on here and a bunch of players who are now firmly behind me.

View attachment 70840

Injuries have definitely hampered us since I took over. Looking down this list, most of these injuries occurred whilst I've been here. Clearly the team has suffered a lot of fatigue in the 2nd half of the season and it's something I'll have to manage throughout the whole of next season a bit better.

View attachment 70838

We've seen a gradual decline in the finances over the course of the season, but nothing drastic, and we still have a good £40k in the bank at the end of the season.

View attachment 70836

The manager who took over from me at Nazilli Belediyespor kept them up on goal difference. Fair play to him!

View attachment 70837

European Competition Winners

European Competition Winners 2017/18

I thought I'd provide a bit of an update from around Europe as most of the major competitions have now come to a close for the 2017/2018 season...

English Premiership Winners: Tottenham
English Premiership Runners Up: Liverpool
FA Cup Winners: Arsenal
Carabao Cup Winners: Manchester City

Spanish La Liga Winners: Real Madrid
Spanish La Liga Runners Up: Barcelona
Copa del Rey Winners: Atletico Madrid

German Bundesliga Winners: Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga Runners Up: RB Leipzig
DFB-Pokal Winners: Borrusia Dortmund

French Ligue 1 Winners: AS Monaco
French Ligue 1 Runners Up: Paris Saint Germain
Coupe de France Winners: Paris Saint Germain
Coupe de la Ligue Winners: Paris Saint Germain

Italian Serie A Winners: Juventus
Italian Serie A Runners Up: Roma
TIM Cup Winners: Juventus

Holland Eredivisie Winners: Feyenoord
Holland Eredivisie Runners Up: Ajax
KNVB Beker Winners: Vitesse

Portuguese Premier League Winners: Benfica
Portuguese Premier League Runners Up: FC Porto
Taca de Portugal Winners: Benfica
Taca da Liga CTT Winners: FC Porto

Scotland Premiership Winners: Celtic
Scotland Premiership Runners Up: Rangers
Scottish Cup Winners: Celtic
Scottish League Cup: Celtic

Champions League Winners: Liverpool
Champions League Runners Up: Atletico Madrid

Europa League Winners: Spartak Moscow
Europa League Runners Up: Arsenal

European Super Cup Winners: Real Madrid

UEFA Youth League Winners: Dinamo Zagreb Under 19s

World Cup

France Lift World Cup

France have won the 2018 World Cup, defeating Spain in the final 2-0 in a match they dominated. There were no real shocks in this year's competition as all the countries that progressed to the latter stages were probably expected to be there. England were disappointingly put out in the 2nd round by the USA.

View attachment 70784

View attachment 70783

Pre Season

Pre Season 2018/2019

We've played 6 pre season friendlies and I have to say that the warm up campaign has gone brilliantly. We've scored plenty of goals, kept four clean sheets and beaten a couple of teams with much better reputations than us. We even recorded a massive 8-1 win along the way. No excuses for not hitting the ground running when the season starts.

View attachment 70733

During pre season, I have been playing around with a 4-4-2 tactic that I created at the back end of last season. I've set on this tactic and this is what we'll be kicking off the season with. Depending on level of opponent, we'll switch between counter/standard/control/attacking mentalities.

View attachment 70732

The bookies have released their title odds and it seems we're expected to be struggling in the bottom half of the table again, with a 15th place finish predicted. Diosgyor VTK are favourites to win the title after being relegated from the top tier last year.

View attachment 70731

And the board only expect me to avoid relegation. If we reach the 3rd round of the cup, they'll be happy too.

View attachment 70717

The board have set their budgets for the upcoming season.

View attachment 70730

And agreed to send me on my first coaching course.

View attachment 70729

A couple of new sponsorship deals were announced which gave a nice cash boost to the bank balance.

View attachment 70725

View attachment 70724

The Hungary club rankings were announced and it dawned on me how small this club is. There are plenty of teams from the lower leagues that have better reputations than us.

View attachment 70728

And the Hungary league was nowhere to be seen in the latest European competition rankings either.

View attachment 70726

Last edited:
Transfer Centre

As the transfer window comes to a close, let's review our transfer window. Firstly, we saw two departures from the club....Patrik Polacsek and Armin Deery. Both were youngsters who'd outgrown the U19s squad, but weren't deemed good enough for a shot in my first team, so I put them up for transfer and for a few hundred quid, they were quickly snapped up. Four players were released at the end of their contracts from the first team squad. The only one I tried to keep was left winger Balazs Laki, but he felt he was better than our level of football and left the club....as of the end of August he has still not been snapped up by anybody....Not that good obviously!

View attachment 70605

From an incoming point of view, I signed 5 players into the club...

Filip Rezac (Striker)
Signed From: Unattached
Fee: Free Transfer

View attachment 70604

Filip is a 25 year old Czech striker, who offers us a better option up front than any of our current forward players. He is pacey, with a decent work rate, good dribbling, good first touch and can finish. I'm looking to him to lead the front line this season.

Akos Biro (Left Winger)
Signed From: Budapest Honved
Fee: £33,000

View attachment 70603

A young Hungarian left sided player, who is the perfect replacement for the outgoing Laki. Good pace, work rate, decisions and dribbling mean he is going to be a threat down the left side and at 20 years old he can still improve.

Daniel Volgyi (Left Back)
Signed From: Gyori ETO
Fee: £10,000

View attachment 70602

The left back role was a very inconsistent one for us last year, with injuries and poor performances a common theme for the players that played that position. It was therefore a priority for me to look for a new left back. Volgyi is an all round good player at this level and at 31 he offers some good experience to the squad. He has good tackling and passing and when he gets forward is a really good crosser of the ball too. Not too much pace about him but everything else makes up for that.

Mark Hegedus (Centre Midfielder)
Signed From: Szekszard

View attachment 70601

My head of youth development found and decided to bring him in. I don't think he's going to break the first team this year, but I'm trusting my staff's judgement as he feels he has a decent future ahead of him. Paying no transfer fee and a minimal wage means there's little risk so I'm rolling with it.

Stavros Stathakis (Centre Back)
Signed From: Unattached

View attachment 70600

Another area of the squad that I needed to improve was the centre back role. Despite having some players with decent stats, there were far too many of them underperforming in that role last season, so Stavros has been brought in to shake things up a bit. He looks like a solid centre back with good marking, tackling, heading and jumping reach stats. Not to mention his very high determination levels. With the right application, he could become key to the squad this year.

We will have a quick look over the European transfers during the window. June saw Manchester City set out their stool early, spending £117 million on two players - Fabinho from Monaco and Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. With add ons the transfer fees could rise by another £57 million too!

View attachment 70599

July saw PSG confirm the £160 million signing of Mbappe, plus they added the £72 million signing of Emre Can from Liverpool too! Liverpool spent majority of that money on RB Leipzig's Naby Keita, before then going on to sign Ruben Neves from Wolves as well. In Germany, Lars Bender gets a big move from Leverkusen to Bayern.

View attachment 70598

A relatively quiet August saw Napoli fork out the biggest transfer fee of £36.5 million for Atalanta's Josip Ilicic. Another internal Italy move was that of Udinese's Rodrigo de Paul, who joined Juventus. Liverpool continued their spending spree, snapping up Torino's Andrea Belotti and Francis Coquelin left Arsenal for Sevilla.

View attachment 70597

August 2018

August 2018

View attachment 70596

Three games into the new season and it was dire, awful, a f*cking shambles as we opened with 3 defeats on the bounce. But the thing that was most frustrating is that we hadn't been bad....we'd actually been the better side in at least 2 of the games. It gave me some confidence that this new 4-4-2 formation could work....I just needed to maybe tweak a couple of things and give it some more time and hopefully we could turn it around. Sure enough, we did finish the month much stronger with two good wins. Now I'll be looking for the lads to push on from here and see what we can do! Ultimately, the 6 points leaves us sitting 12th in the table, but it's early days and the entire table is pretty tightly grouped.

View attachment 70595

The Games

View attachment 70594

We kicked off the new season with an away game at Paksi FC, who had been relegated from the top tier last year. It was always going to be a tough game and it only took them 8 minutes to get in front, and by half time it was already 3!! When we got one back in the 2nd half, there was a glimmer of hope of a comeback, but it was quickly dashed when they scored a 4th only 8 minutes later. On the stats we were the better side, but its the defence that has let us down today with a dismal showing at the back.

View attachment 70593

We completely dominated this one from start to finish and as I trudge down the touchline at full time, I struggled to believe we had lost this one. The build up play is clearly great, but defensively we must be better.

View attachment 70592

Can't really complain about this one. They were the better side and probably deserved the win. The amount of goals we are leaking at the back is becoming a concern already this season though.

View attachment 70591

Finally, it all came together for this one. We created loads of chances and tucked a few of them away as we smash 4 past Soroksar on the way to our first win of the season. Still conceded a couple but I wasn't about to get on the lads back about that after our first win.

View attachment 70590

And we finished the month with our finest performance and best win yet. We grabbed our first clean sheet of the season too!

Player of the Month

Akos Biro
Left Winger

Key Passes: 6
Average Rating: 7.14

A solid start for new man Akos Biro. Hopefully he can push on from here and become a key player in this side.

Other News

The first round of the Magyar Kupa was drawn and we have been given an away tie at Mor Varosi Sportegyesulet, from the lower leagues.

View attachment 70586

Looking Ahead; September

Four league games coming up in September. We have a tough start as we take on Bekescsaba who currently sit top of the league with 5 wins from all 5 games. We'll finish the month with our first cup fixture of the season.

View attachment 70585

September 2018

September 2018

View attachment 70567

BOOM!!! Well it's taken me a whole year and a bit to find it, but I've finally found a run of good form! We've been superb this month and finish it unbeaten! Four league wins and a draw has seen us rise to 3rd in the league table. And we progressed in the cup too with an easy 5-1 win. In each of our games this month we scored 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 goals!

View attachment 70566

The Games

View attachment 70565

We kicked off the month against the league leaders, who had won all 5 of their previous games. But we stopped them in their tracks with a brilliant performance as we inflict their first defeat on them this season. We were good value for the win as well, clearly the better side on the day.

View attachment 70564

BFC Slofok were bottom of the league coming into this and we piled on the misery with another 3-0 victory taking us to 4 straight league wins.

View attachment 70563

Another comfortable home win as we hit four goals past a struggling Cegledi side. Star striker Filip Rezac scored for the 4th game in a row and my Summer signing is really looking the part now!

View attachment 70562

What a result! The confidence is really flowing through the team now and as we racked up our 6th straight win in the league, this was our best yet as we smashed six goals past 8th placed Budaors. The defence is looking much more solid now as we managed our third straight clean sheet too.

View attachment 70561

Magyar Kupa 1st Round: The first round of the cup and against a lower league opposition, I thought I'd take the opportunity to rest a load of first teamers and give some fringe players a rare start. And boy did they make the most of the opportunity. We raced into a 3-0 lead inside the first 10 minutes, with goals from Toth and Lorinczy who'd stepped into the starting 11 for this one. By half time, we'd already had 17 shots on goal and it was already 5-1 and the game was all but over. Despite another 13 chances in the 2nd half, there were no more goals, but we're comfortably through to the second round.

View attachment 70560

Szolnoki had only won 1 of their opening 9 games prior to kick off and with us in amazing form, I was hoping we could finish the month with a 100% record. But it wasn't to be as we made hard work of it and drew for the first time this season.

Player of the Month

Roland Bohner
Right Winger

Goals: 2
Assists: 3
Key Passes: 14
Average Rating: 8.56

This was a tough month to pick POTM as the whole team has been fantastic. But it had to go to my favourite player Bohner as he maintained an average rating of 8.56 across 5 games which is absolutely incredible. Three games back to back with ratings of over 9.0 is an amazing feat for any player at any level.

Other News

We're breaking records now...

View attachment 70559

The UK officially leaves the EU.

View attachment 70558

The next round of the cup was drawn and it pits us against a semi professional outfit, so I'll certainly be expecting progression to the third round.

View attachment 70556

Looking Ahead; October

Four more league games and the second round of the cup coming up next month. Let's hope we can keep this form going.

View attachment 70557

I started a similar save in an unknown country, my first job was in the swedish bottom tier before getting sacked moved up one league with my new club and know im at home in Fylde in the national conference. Its a grind in the bottom tiers of the football manager world but an enjoyable one, its easy to go those big clubs every season, i also switched to a 4-4-2 and results have improved.

Good luck my dude

I started a similar save in an unknown country, my first job was in the swedish bottom tier before getting sacked moved up one league with my new club and know im at home in Fylde in the national conference. Its a grind in the bottom tiers of the football manager world but an enjoyable one, its easy to go those big clubs every season, i also switched to a 4-4-2 and results have improved.

Good luck my dude

Cheers mate....the 442 has been a game changer this season! Working wonders

October 2018

October 2018

View attachment 70492

Our unbeaten streak of 10 games finally came to an end against Szeged who finish the month in 2nd place, so its not the worst team to lose our record to. Other than that, we had a pretty solid month with another three victories which ensures we keep tabs on the front two and sit 3rd in the table. The defence has gone to **** a little this month with 10 goals conceded, but we continue to score plenty, so I'm not too worried at the moment.

View attachment 70491

The average ratings for the entire league show that we fill the whole top 5 with our players. The lads are absolutely smashing it.

View attachment 70490

The Games

View attachment 70489

We got straight back to winning ways in October with a solid 3-0 home win against 16th placed Dunaujvaros PASE. The first half was pretty tight but we exerted our dominance in the second half and made it count with 3 good goals. Akos Biro got himself on the scoresheet, after coming off the bench, returning from injury following a few weeks out.

View attachment 70488

At kick off, this would see 4th vs 3rd in the league, so I was expecting a bit of a challenge, especially with them having home advantage. And they did well to be fair, taking their best chances when they got them and inflicted our first defeat on us in 10 games! We created plenty of our own stuff going forward but didn't have the finishing touch and it cost us.

View attachment 70487

What a game for the neutral. Both defences were awful, both attacks were brilliant. I'll happily take the draw here considering we found ourselves 2-0 and 4-2 down in the game.

View attachment 70486

Gyori came into this one struggling down in 19th position. Although we made hard work of it, we got over the line in the end and secured all 3 points.

View attachment 70485

Magyar Kupa 2nd Round: Again I fielded a much weakened side for the cup and again they proved my decision to be a good one. The lads turned in another good performance and we cruised through to the 3rd round, where the big boys from the top tier enter the competition.

Player of the Month

Peter Karacs
Striker

Appearances: 4 (+1 sub)
Goals: 7
Assists: 0
Shots/Shots on Target: 17/10
Average Rating: 8.12

Karacs has hit a real purple patch this month with his excellent goalscoring form taking him into contention for the league's golden boot!

Other News

Following our progression in the cup again, we were entered into the 3rd round draw where we will take on another part time side. Another opportunity for the fringe players to show me what they can do.

View attachment 70484

Looking Ahead; November

November is likely to be a tough month with us taking on two teams in the top 5. It will be a real test for us to show what we're made of this year and if we are punching above our weight or could be genuine surprise title contenders.

View attachment 70481