It's All A Load of Balls...Back With A New European Journeyman Story

November 2018

November 2018

View attachment 70447

Another 3 wins on the board this month as we climb to 2nd in the table and into a promotion place. Unbelievable considering we were expected to be battling relegation this season. Things are still pretty tight at the top though with only 8 points separating 1st to 8th, and only 11 points separating 1st to 13th!!

View attachment 70445

As the month comes to an end, we currently have the 2 top goalscorers in the whole league.

View attachment 70444

The Games

View attachment 70443

Oh I do love a good solid 1-0 win! It's boring I know but there's something just a little bit satisfactory in it for me. We kick off the month with another 3 points and good home performance.

View attachment 70442

Soproni were struggling towards the wrong end of the table and we needed to make the most of this game, with two very tough fixtures coming up against teams in 3rd and 4th. We took the opportunity with both hands and smashed them 5-0!

View attachment 70441

A gutsy performance from the lads against a decent side who are right up there in the league. This is a huge win and really proves our credentials this season and that we deserve to be where we are in the table! I'm proud!

View attachment 70440

Another cracker of a game, but this time we came out just on the wrong end of a 4-3 result. It was nip and tuck all the way and either team could of walked away with the points and it would of been deserved. Luckily we'd built a 5 point lead up on Diosgyori, so we stay ahead of them in the league despite losing here.

Player of the Month

Peter Karacs
Striker

Appearances: 4
Goals: 4
Assists: 1
Shots/Shots on Target: 10/5
Average Rating: 7.83

Peter carried over his goalscoring form from last month and bags himself back to back player of the month awards from me.

Other News

The UK's rules have been released following BREXIT.

View attachment 70439

I completed my National C License qualification. Immediately, I approached the board asking to undertake my National B License which they were happy to approve based on my performance as manager this season.

View attachment 70438

Looking Ahead; December

We'll play 4 league games next month before the 2 month winter break. Hopefully we can finish 2018 on a high!

View attachment 70436

December 2018

December 2018

View attachment 70268

Our form took a slight dip this month, although we did still remain unbeaten. Three league draws were enough to see us consolidate 2nd place in the league as we go into the 2 month Winter break. We did also progress to the 4th round of the cup.

View attachment 70267

The Games

View attachment 70266

We kick off the month with a draw against mid table Gyirmot. We probably should of won this one but spurned our best chances and had to settle for a point.

View attachment 70265

Magyar Kupa 3rd Round: Another chance for some of the fringe players to get a rare start. They've done me proud up until this game with two very comfortable wins against smaller opposition, so I kept the faith. It paid off as the lads gave me another solid performance and a good 2-0 win. Levante Toth scored 2, taking his cup tally to 4 goals in 3 games.

View attachment 70264

Paksi had given us a good thrashing on the opening day of the season, so I wanted my boys to go out and get some revenge in this one. We didn't manage to get the win, but the lads did fight back from 2-0 down to get a draw, which is almost as good as the 3 points in my book!

View attachment 70263

Our final game of 2018, before we head into the 2 month winter break ends was against 18th placed Kazincbarcika. We almost gave them a head start with a 2nd minute penalty, only for Pal Tarczy to save the spot kick! From then on, it was a bit of a lacklustre performance from the lads to be honest, and a 2-2 draw was probably flattering to us as our lowly opponents created much better chances than us on the day and would of deserved all 3 points. Our poorest team performance for a while!

Player of the Month

Filip Rezac
Striker

Appearances: 2
Goals: 3
Assists: 0
Shots/Shots on Target: 8/5
Average Rating: 7.90

Filip only played two games this month, but banged in 3 goals which were crucial in earning us draws instead of suffering losses.

Other News

Centre back Adam Nagy will miss 4 months of action through injury. He'll be a big loss to the team!

View attachment 70260

The board continue to grant my requests as they agree to increase the junior coaching budget.

View attachment 70259

Looking Ahead; January/February

There will be no action in January as the squad go on their Winter break. We'll play a couple of friendlies at the start of Feb to get the match sharpness back before league action gets back into full swing.

View attachment 70258

February 2019

February 2019

View attachment 70217

At the start of the season when we were being touted as relegation battlers, there was talk of us needing to reach a 40 point marker to stay in the league. Well, we've reached that target with 16 games remaining! The team have done me proud to this point as we remain 2nd in the table at the end of February and we'll really try to kick on from here and keep ourselves in the race for promotion for as long as we possibly can.

Not only did we record the win in our only league game this month, we also put ourselves in a strong position to progress in the cup as we take a 5-2 lead into the 2nd leg next month against Vasas.

View attachment 70214

The Games

View attachment 70211

Magyar Kupa 4th Round 1st Leg: Vasas are from the top tier of Hungarian football so we were rank outsiders for this one. They were also the team that knocked us out at the 4th round stage last year, on route to them reaching the semi final. But we are a completely different proposition this year and it showed as we recorded a cracking 5-2 win in the first leg here. An amazing effort from the lads in the 2nd half after finding ourselves 2-1 down at half time.

View attachment 70210

Back to league action for the first time in a couple of months, and Pecsi were going to be no pushovers....7th in the table and had already beaten us earlier in the season. We were 1-0 down at half time but after an inspired team talk from the manager at the break, the lads turned it around in the second half and we got the win! Toth came off the bench to get the winner with one of his first touches.

Player of the Month

Stavros Stathakis
Centre Back

Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Key Tackles: 3
Average Rating: 7.75

A couple of really solid games for Stavros at the back. He seems to have come back focused from the Winter break.

Other News

I was keen to add another centre back to the squad as cover for the injured Adam Naky who was out for a couple of months still. I raided our senior affiliate Ujpest for the loan signing of 21 year old Hungarian, Zsolt Fek. He's not the best but will provide adequate backup, with decent tackling, marking, heading ability alongside good pace and decision making.

View attachment 70205

Across Europe, there were only a couple of big stand out signings. Amadou Diawara moved from Napoli to PSG for £47 million and Sime Vrsaljko swapped Spain for China in a £32.5 million move. In England, Benjamin Mendy was offloaded by Man City to Stoke.

View attachment 70187

Looking Ahead; March

A busy month ahead with 5 league games and the 2nd leg of our cup tie coming up.

View attachment 70203

Last edited:
March 2019

March 2019

View attachment 70084

A mixed month as we picked up some good league wins to maintain our title challenge, but finished the month with a couple of defeats as the injuries started to kick in and I had to field much weakened sides. We dropped to 2nd in the league right at the end of the month, after sitting pretty at the top for most of it. We did progress through into the quarter final of the cup, despite losing the 2nd leg against Vasas.

View attachment 70083

The Games

View attachment 70094

We kicked off March with a win against Soroksar who were 10th prior to kick off. For the third game in a row, we found ourselves losing at the half time break, and for the third game in a row the lads turned in an inspired second half to win the game! We left it late this time with a 96th minute winner from Filip Rezac, but it was no less than we deserved after dominating the second 45 minutes.

View attachment 70093

We took a 5-2 lead into this game from the 1st leg and with a league game against the 5th placed team only 4 days later, I decided to take a risk and rest half my first team. The backup players stepped in and did me proud...despite losing this match, we've knocked out a team from the league above (who are 13 games unbeaten in the league) and progress to the quarter final.

View attachment 70092

At kick off this game would see 1st take on 5th, although only 4 points seperated the two sides. We took the lead on 20 minutes and were firmly in control throughout the first half....until the sending off of Karoly with a whole half still to play. As expected, they came out stronger and put more pressure on us in the second 45 and it didn't take long for them to even things up. But we composed ourselves well and gave as good as we got throughout the 2nd half, and late on we nicked all 3 points with a easy tap in from Rezac following Biro's pinpoint cross. This was a massive statement of intent against the side that led the form table in the league prior to kick off.

View attachment 70091

Bottom vs Top as we took on BFC Siofok. Despite the stats looking relatively even, it was actually clear to see the gulf in class between the two sides as a lot of our chances were very good, inside the box, well worked opportunities. Most of theirs were long hopeful shots from outside the box. This was reflected in the scoreline as we inflicted a painful 5-2 defeat on the side who are looking destined for relegation.

View attachment 70090

Bekescsaba had been top of the league with a 100% record when we'd played them earlier in the season. However, their form had dipped since then and they now found themselves 7th and a good 12 points behind us. Despite that, I still felt we'd be in for a tough game away from home and it proved to be exactly that. We suffer a defeat in what was a very even game and coould of gone either way.

View attachment 70085

With a depleted first team through injuries, we suffer a disappointing defeat to end the month, against a side struggling in the relegation zone.

Player of the Month

Filip Rezac
Striker

Appearances: 5
Goals: 8
Headers/Headers Won: 26/19
Average Rating: 8.40

Rezac has been in immense goalscoring form this month with 8 goals in 5 games.

Other News

The injuries start kicking in...

View attachment 70089

View attachment 70088

View attachment 70087

The quarter final of the cup has been drawn and we'll play another side challenging for the league in our division over 2 legs.

View attachment 70086

Looking Ahead; April

Our form has started to take a dip as the team becomes seriously depleted through injuries. Hopefully we can rally next month and keep up the title challenge. We'll also play both legs of our quarter final game in the cup.

View attachment 70082

April 2019

April 2019

View attachment 69884

I'm so proud of all the lads this month! They've given me maximum effort and we've rallied round really well with the injuries and rotation required due to the busy schedule. We recorded a 100% record in the league, cementing our place 6 points clear at the top of the table and 8 points from 3rd....we're so close to guaranteeing an automatic promotion place! We played 3 cup games this month as well, which saw us through to the semi finals after a 4-1 aggregate win over our title rivals, Diosgyori VTK. We have come up against top tier opposition in MTK Budapest at the semi final stage but done ourselves proud in the first leg with a 1-1 draw and it's all to play for at their place in the 2nd leg next month.

View attachment 69883

View attachment 69882

The Games

View attachment 69881

Magyar Kupa Quarter Final 1st Leg: We kicked off the month with a tough away game at title rivals Diosgyori VTK, in the quarter final of the cup. In a very even game, we came out just on top with an 80th minute strike from Gabor Schmatovich securing a huge win for us in the first leg and putting us in prime position to qualify with the 2nd/home leg still to come.

View attachment 69880

Back to league action and a wonderful team effort in front of the home fans saw us bag a convincing 4-1 victory over Szolnoki who continue to struggle at the wrong end of the table. Schmatovic bagged another two goals from the centre midfield role.

View attachment 69879

Magyar Kupa Quarter Final 2nd Leg: We picked up where we left off in the 1st leg with another 2-0 victory here which saw us through 4-1 on aggregate.

View attachment 69878

With the busy schedule this month, we had to rotate the squad a little here and we lost some of our creativity in the process, struggling to keep possession and not creating as many chances as some of our previous games. But luckily, we were only up against Dunaujvaros who were in a relegation battle and not playing well at all. We scraped the 1-0 win and it's another big 3 points as we keep up our title challenge.

View attachment 69877

Szeged were right in the title race prior to kick off, sitting 3rd in the table. However, they'd had some indifferent form over the past few games and there were cracks appearing in the armour. We took full advantage and inflicted a painful 5-1 thrashing on our opponents. All 5 goals came in the first half, the pick of the bunch coming from youngster Mark Hegedus. A huge result against our fellow title challengers and that will really hurt their title bid as we approach the run in.

View attachment 69876

Gyori were battling relegation...we found ourselves in an unexpected title race. So on paper, this would have been expected to be a walkover for us but with the games coming thick and fast this month, anything can happen. But we did turn in a decent performance and managed to grind out another win to keep ourselves very much in contention. 18 year old striker Levente Winkler came off the bench and scored on his debut.

View attachment 69875

Budaors came into this game in 14th position in the table, so again it was another game we were probably expected to win, especially as Budaors had only won one of their last seven in all competitions. After going 1-0 down, young striker Levente Winkler scored either side of half time to put us back in control of the match. From there we pushed on and secured a comfortable 4-1 victory in the end. Winkler is looking like a Hungarian star in the making.

View attachment 69874

Kisvarda had a distinct advantage over us going into this game....they hadn't played for 6 days, where as this was going to be our 3rd game in the past 6 days! In short, my squad was pretty knackered and I had to make major adjustments for this one. At times during the game we did look tired, as Kisvarda dominated the possession for large parts....and created more chances than us off the back of it. However, it was the quality of chances which mattered most at full time and ours were of a much higher one than theirs, reflected in the convincing 4-1 scoreline.

View attachment 69863

Magyar Kupa Semi Final 1st Leg: As we geared up to take on MTK Budapest from the top tier, I was feeling confident. My team were in fantastic form and MTK were struggling at the bottom of the OTP Bank Liga, without a win in their last 3 games. And we were very good, the better side on show for large periods of the game in fact. Unfortunately, for all our efforts, we only managed a 1-1 draw here in the home leg and we'll now have it all to do in the 2nd leg at their place.

Player of the Month

Peter Darazs
Midfielder (Centre/Right)

Appearances: 8
Goals: 1
Assists: 3
Key Passes: 18
Average Rating: 7.81

Peter has only come into the team this season as he was 'too old' for the U19s last year. I kept him on as I felt he could provide adequate backup throughout the season. This month, with all our injuries and required rotation, he has had to fill in across the whole midfield and he's been brilliant. To play 8 games in a month is tough, let alone maintain an average rating as high as 7.81 in that many games in such a short period of time! Fair play to the lad and this award is well deserved!

Other News

Standard injuries to deal with.

View attachment 69868

View attachment 69867

I completed my National B License right at the start of the month, and again I went straight to the board and asked if I could continue my development and go for the National A License. Again, they approved my request and I've kicked off the study again. By the end of the season, I will have earned 3 coaching badges.

View attachment 69865

Looking Ahead; May

We play our final 5 games of the league campaign in May and it's not an easy run in for us, as we'll take on the teams in 2nd, 5th and 6th in the table. However, a couple of good results or even draws against these sides could secure us the unlikeliest of titles. We also have the 2nd leg of our cup semi final to look forward to at the end of the month. Will the season end in huge success or will it all come crashing down on top of us?

View attachment 69864

May 2019

May 2019; Champions!

View attachment 69844

CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES, OLE OLE OLE!! I can't believe it! What an achievement for us this season as we secured the league title with 3 games still left to play! Tipped for a relegation battle by the media, tasked with avoiding relegation by the board....but we've defied all of that and througout the entire season we've kept ourselves in the running to win the 2nd tier of Hungarian football, and in the end we did it with a few games to spare as well!

I'm over the ****** moon! It was a very tough start to my career in Turkey, getting sacked only 17 games into my first job in football management! But this little team in Hungary saw something in me, they believed in me, and they gave me a shot! In just 18 months, I've achieved an unbelievable turn around here and now we celebrate together as I lift the first trophy of my career, and Mosonmagyarovar lift their first ever Nemzeti Bajnoksag II title, and the fans look forward to seeing their side play in the top league in Hungary for the first time ever next season!

View attachment 69843

View attachment 69827

Naturally, the fans and the board of directors were ecstatic with the achievements this season.

View attachment 69842

View attachment 69841

The Games

View attachment 69840

Vac came into this one in 6th position in the table and and off the back of two straight wins against sides in the bottom half of the table. But we proved to be a very different proposition for them here and they just couldn't handle our quality going forward as we smashed 5 goals past them on our way to another excellent victory. They may have had 20 shots of their own, but most of them were hopeless pot shots from far out which never troubled our keeper who had a relatively easy day at the office.

View attachment 69839

With all of our title rivals having played before we kicked off and dropped points, it meant that a win here would secure the league title!! We found ourselves 2-1 down going into the half time break and I wondered whether we'd have to wait another game to be potentially crowned champions. However, a 2nd half turn around came as we scored 3 goals to secure a 4-2 win and with it the league title that at the start of the season, we could never have dreamed of!!

View attachment 69838

At the start of the month, I'd looked at this game as the title decider. I certainly didn't expect to already have the title won going into it! So the match had very little significance for us, but Diosgyor were still fighting it out with 3 other sides for the 2nd automatic promotion spot and so had plenty to play for! I told the lads to go out and play with no pressure and that's exactly what they did as they recorded a nice 3-2 win against one of the better sides in our league (pre season favourites in fact). Good to see their not letting up despite winning the title already.

View attachment 69837

I'm not too fussed about this result. With the 2nd leg of our semi final in the cup on the horizon, I took the opportunity here to rest my entire first team. Fringe players and kids from the U19s were played, with the result not mattering to us. Debuts were given to 4 kids from the U19s.

View attachment 69836

Magyar Kupa Semi Final 2nd Leg: After the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw, there was everything to play for here. The lads gave me 100% effort for the game and I can't fault them despite the 2-0 loss on the day. We really gave it a good go against opposition from the league above, but unfortunately they took their chances on the day and we didn't. That was the only thing to seperate the two sides.

View attachment 69835

We end the season with a respectable 1-1 draw away at 10th placed Gyirmot FC, which means we finish up 8 points clear at the top of the table.

Player of the Month

Mate Molnar
Right Back/Right Winger

Appearances: 6
Dribbles: 7
Average Rating: 7.48

Mate is another player that didn't start the season as a first team regular but has worked his way into the side and earns himself a player of the month award here for his consistently good performances this month.

Other News

On our way to winning the league title, we have broken some league records this season.

View attachment 69833

View attachment 69832

MTK Budapest, who knocked us out in the semi finals, went on to win the Magyar Kupa.

View attachment 69830

The finances have again remained pretty stable throughout this season and the club ends the year with a decent balance.

View attachment 69829

The dynamics are all looking very positive (as I'd expect after just winning a shock title).

View attachment 69828

Last edited:
End of Seasons Stats & Awards

End of Season Player Stats & Awards

Top Average Rating (in relation to appearances):

1st: Filip Rezac - ST - 32 appearances - 7.75
2nd: Gabor Schmatovich - CM - 40 appearances - 7.42
3rd: Peter Karacs - ST - 37 appearances - 7.41

Top Goalscorers:

1st: Filip Rezac - ST - 30
2nd: Peter Karacs - ST - 24
3rd: Gabor Schmatovic - CM - 11

Top Assists:

1st: Filip Rezac - ST - 15
2nd: Peter Karacs - ST - 12
3rd: Gabor Schmatovic - CM - 12

View attachment 69826

View attachment 69825

An amazing 7 of my players were named in the league's team of the year!!

View attachment 69824

And my players also cleaned up in the individual awards, with us taking top goalscorer, best player and 3rd place in the best young player!!

View attachment 69823

View attachment 69822

View attachment 69821

And naturally, I picked up the Manager of the Year award! My first annual award in only my second season in management! Chuffed to bits!!

View attachment 69820

European Competition Winners

European Competition Winners 2018/19

I thought I'd provide a bit of an update from around Europe as most of the major competitions have now come to a close for the 2018/2019 season...

English Premiership Winners: Liverpool
English Premiership Runners Up: Manchester City
FA Cup Winners: Liverpool
Carabao Cup Winners: Manchester City

Spanish La Liga Winners: Real Madrid
Spanish La Liga Runners Up: Atletico Madrid
Copa del Rey Winners: Real Madrid

German Bundesliga Winners: Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga Runners Up: Borussia Dortmund
DFB-Pokal Winners: Bayern Munich

French Ligue 1 Winners: Paris Saint Germain
French Ligue 1 Runners Up: Olympique Lyonnais
Coupe de France Winners: Paris Saint Germain
Coupe de la Ligue Winners: Paris Saint Germain

Italian Serie A Winners: Roma
Italian Serie A Runners Up: Juventus
TIM Cup Winners: Juventus

Holland Eredivisie Winners: Ajax
Holland Eredivisie Runners Up: Feyenoord
KNVB Beker Winners: PSV Eindhoven

Portuguese Premier League Winners: Benfica
Portuguese Premier League Runners Up: Sporting Lisbon
Taca de Portugal Winners: Sporting Lisbon
Taca da Liga CTT Winners: FC Porto

Scotland Premiership Winners: Celtic
Scotland Premiership Runners Up: Rangers
Scottish Cup Winners: Celtic
Scottish League Cup: Celtic

Champions League Winners: Tottenham
Champions League Runners Up: Paris Saint Germain

Europa League Winners: Manchester United
Europa League Runners Up: Chelsea

European Super Cup Winners: Liverpool

UEFA Youth League Winners: Benfica U19s

Pre Season

Pre Season 2019/2020

View attachment 69764

As we gear up for our first ever season in the OTP Bank Liga, the top tier of the Hungarian football structure, we played five friendlies for the players to regain their match sharpness. Three wins and a couple of losses were recorded. I'm not too bothered about the losses as they were to better opposition from abroad. We actually turned in a good performance against Bayern's 2nd team which included the likes of Arjen Robben in the lineup.

The bookies have released their predictions and title odds for the upcoming season. It will be to nobody's surprise that we are predicted to finish stone last and are at huge odds of 350-1 to win the league.

View attachment 69763

The board are in line with the media and expect me to attempt to avoid relegation. I thought they might raise their expectations for the cup this year after we made the semis last season, but they've said they're happy with 3rd round again.

View attachment 69762

I completed my National A License! Continuing the trend, I immediately went to the board and asked to begin my first continental badge and they have agreed to fund it.

View attachment 69761

More sponsorship deals were announced, bringing some really good revenue into the club. the bank balance is looking better than ever.

View attachment 69760

View attachment 69759

We set up a new parent club affiliation with Legia Warszawa.

View attachment 69758

The Hungary club rankings were released and we moved up onto the top page following last season's success.

View attachment 69757

But the Hungarian football leagues both moved down in the European competition rankings. The OTP Bank Liga now sits 43rd in the list.

View attachment 69756

Looking ahead to the start of the season.... We only play 2 games in July so my next update will be July and August combined, alongside a transfer window update. We kick off the new season against Diosgyori VTK who were promoted alongside us last season. We follow that up with a game against Vasas who we knocked out of the cup last season....So the start could of been a lot worse and we have a couple of games here that we know we can win if we perform to our best.

View attachment 69755

Last edited:
Transfer Centre

As the Summer transfer window comes to a close, let's have a look at our activity over the past couple of months. First of all, you'll see we only had one permanent departure from the club in young midfielder Mark Hegedus. He was the youngster that my Head of Youth Development brought in last season and I didn't think he'd improved enough to warrant staying here. Another young midfielder Martin Koncsag has left the club on loan for the season in the hope he will come back better than he currently is.

I took advantage of our new partnership with Legia Warszawa, bringing in 3 of their better youngsters on loan for the season and they could play a huge part in any success we have this year, especially the two midfielders. I also spent a significant amount of money (at this level) to bolster my defence with a couple of new additions. Finally a new striker was added to the side to offer some decent competition up top to Karacs and Rezac.

View attachment 69536

Incoming Transfers...

Valter Heil
Signed From: Kazincbarcika
Fee: £24,000

View attachment 69535

29 year old Romanian centre back Heil will add some quality to the defence. He offers great determination combined with decent tackling, heading and marking ability.

Andrej Causic
Signed From: Szeged 2011
Fee: £22,000

View attachment 69534

Another centre back added to the ranks. Causic joins us from Szeged 2011 who just missed out on promotion last season, and he was a constant in their team throughout the year turning in some decent performances. He won't necessarily jump straight into the starting lineup but will provide some decent cover at the back.

Adam Hrepka
Signed From: MTK Budapest
Fee: £35,000

View attachment 69533

I was very aware that if we suffered injuries to either Rezac or Karacs up front, we would struggle for decent cover this season. Adam joins us to not only provide cover but hopefully push them for a first team place too. He's a decent striker with good finishing and composure and he has a decent pass on him too, to help keep the ball in the oppositions half.

Tamas Haasz
Signed From: Unattached
Fee: Free Transfer

View attachment 69529

This year's youngster brought in by the Head of Youth Development.

Jakub Trzmiel
Signed From: Legia Warszawa
Fee: Season Long Loan

View attachment 69528

Our first loan signing from our new parent club was 18 year old Polish centre back Trzmiel. He looks decent and with a run of games could become even better this season. Solid tackling and marking ability combined with good determination as well. Hoping he can step up in defence when required.

Michal Mydlarz

View attachment 69527

An all round central midfielder with decent attributes across most areas of his stats. Looks like a really good loan signing for us and has the potential to be one of our best players this season. I really like the look of this 19 year old and am expecting big things from the youngster this year.

Mateusz Praszelik

View attachment 69524

Our 3rd loan signing from Legia Warszawa. Praszelik is more of an attack minded midfielder, but again he could achieve things here and make a name for himself this season. Works really well in a team, has a decent first touch and when he drives forward he can finish too.

Looking at the European transfers this Summer, June saw a pretty slow start to the window with the largest transfer coming in at only £26.5 million as Dendoncker moved from Arsenal to Liverpool. Arsenal had paid £35 million for the player only 2 seasons earlier, but he had only gone on to make 28 appearances for the club. Radja Nainggolan moved from Roma to Spurs in a £21 million move.

View attachment 69522

Things picked up a bit in July with 6 deals tipping over the £40 million mark. The biggest deal saw Sandro move from Juventus to Real Madrid. Barcelona, not to be outdone by their rivals, also snapped up Julian Weigl from Dortmund in one of the biggest transfers of the month. The Premiership clubs raided Italy as Liverpool snapped up Icardi from Inter, and Insigne swapped Napoli for Manchester United.

View attachment 69520

August saw a couple of major moves internally in Germany, but again things were pretty quiet, with only 4 deals tipping over £20 million.

View attachment 69519

July/August 2019

July/August 2019

View attachment 69503

A pretty steady start to the new season in which we picked up 3 wins in our opening 7 games. I'll take that all day long and it keeps us a good few points above the relegation places in a mid table position. We've had some cracking matches over the past couple of months with some real thrillers! As far as the league goes, we have the best attack, although we do even that out with the worst defence.

View attachment 69502

The Games

View attachment 69501

Our first game in the OTP Bank Liga was against Diosgyori who actually came up with us last year in 2nd place, so I sensed an opportunity to get off to a good start. And we did exactly that, kicking off the season with a 5-2 win and 3 points on the board. Attila Lorinczy was the star of the show from midfield with a goal in each half, as well as generally controlling the play all day long.

View attachment 69500

Our second game was against Vasas, who we'd knocked out of the cup last season. They were clearly out for revenge here and inflicted our first defeat of the season on us. I can't complain as they were pretty dominant throughout, controlling possession and creating almost 4x as many chances as us.

View attachment 69499

Debreceni had opened their season in the same was as us, with a win and a loss on their early record. The game got off to a flyer as both teams scored and it was already 1-1 within 11 minutes. But it was all downhill from there as we completely crumbled against our superior opposition. We just couldn't find a way to cope with their 3-4-3 formation...it's the first time I've come up against it and it confused the f*ck out of me about whether to attack their 3 man defence, or defend their 3 man attack! We tried both in different times of the game and neither worked!!

View attachment 69495

We followed up a 4-1 defeat with a brilliant 4-1 home win!

View attachment 69498

What a game! We kept going in front and they kept pegging us back! Until we finally scored the winning goal so late in the game, that there was actually no time left for them to level things up again! A fantastic match for the neutrals and I'm extremely pleased to come out on the winning side as I felt we deserved it on the overall balance of play. New striker Adan Hrepka came off the bench to bag his first goal for the club.

View attachment 69497

Puskas Akademia came into this game with an unbeaten start to their season with 4 wins and a draw from their opening 5 games. And they continued that run, recording a victory over us here. We didn't play badly at all, they were just very good!

View attachment 69496

Undone by that ****** 3-4-3 formation again as Ferencvarosi ensure we end the month with a defeat! However, the result could of been a lot worse as we found ourselves 4-1 down inside the first 18 minutes!

Player of the Month

Akos Biro
Left Winger

Appearances: 4 (+ 2 Sub)
Key Passes: 11

Akos Biro has started the season really well, contributing to 6 goals in 6 games and maintaining a very good average rating of 7.48! Impressive stuff from the young winger!

Other News

Season ticket sales improved significantly on last year, following our promotion.

View attachment 69494

Looking Ahead; September

A quiet September coming up. We skip the first couple of weeks due to the international break, before 3 league games and the 1st round of the cup. If I can pick up another win from these 3 matches in the league, I'll be very happy!

View attachment 69493

September 2019

September 2019

View attachment 69470

Well one thing's for certain this season....nobody can say we're not entertaining to watch! It seems almost every game is a thriller with a minimum of 5 goals! We started the month with a bit of a struggle, recording a loss and a draw. However, an amazing 9-0 win in the cup spurred the lads on to record a good solid victory at the end of the month to keep us away from those relegation places.

View attachment 69469

The Games

View attachment 69468

Our first game of the month was against our previous parent club Ujpest and to be fair we didn't really turn up for this one. They were clearly the better side on the day and deserved the win! I'll be looking for more from the lads in future home matches.

View attachment 69467

Reigning champions Videoton FC were up next and they were coming into this off the back of a 5-1 win! On the stats, they were the better side, but we were far more clinical in front of goal which earned us a good point away from home in another amazing game!

View attachment 69466
Magyar Kupa 1st Round: Our opponents were from the lower leagues, so it gave me an opportunity to give a run out to some of the fringe players. I made 10 changes in total from the previous fixture against Videoton. The lads made the most of their chance to impress and secured our place in the next round with an emphatic 9-0 win!

View attachment 69465

Our final game of the month and I was hoping we could take some momentum into this one following the 9-0 win in the cup! We did exactly that, recording our first league win of the month and stopped the run of 4 games without a win in the competition. Adam Hrepka kept his place in the side following his 4 goals in the cup game, and it paid off as he banged in another 2 here.

Player of the Month

Adam Hrepka
Striker

Appearances: 3 + 1 Sub
Goals: 7
Assists: 4
Shots/Shots on Target: 21/13
Average Rating: 8.77

The new man up front really came into his own this month. In just 4 games, he contributed to an amazing 11 goals!! And in one of those games, he played less than 20 minutes!

Other News

As we progress in the cup, the draw for the next round was made.

View attachment 69463

Looking Ahead; October

Three more league games and the 2nd round of the cup coming up. Same as this month, we'll be aiming to grab a win in at least one game. I figured that if we can win 1 in 3 games throughout the season, then we'll be in with a good chance of avoiding relegation.

View attachment 69461

October 2019

October 2019

View attachment 69428

Again we kick off the month with a couple of bad results and again we pick up towards the end of the month with a couple of wins under our belts! A massive 3 points against relegation threatened Diosgyori ensures we keep ourselves clear of the relegation places for another month! Another good win from my fringe players in the cup sees us meet the board's expectations and make the 3rd round!

View attachment 69420

The Games

View attachment 69419

We made a dreadful start to this game, handing them two goals on a plate. Two defensive errors allowed them in for two open goals within the first 18 minutes and we'd made life much tougher in this game than it ever needed to be! It went downhill from there really, as we turned in a very poor performance against a team sitting 10th in the table. On paper, this was a very winnable game and I'm disappointed in the lads for not showing up for this one!

View attachment 69418

Vasas were the league leaders coming into this game, so we knew they'd be a handful. And they were as they made us look silly at times. We managed to score a couple of goals but in all honesty, their 4 could easily have been double that!

View attachment 69417

Wow, the comeback of my career so far! We were 4-1 down at half time, but after a good bollocking and a firm kick up the **** the lads turned it around in spectacular fashion in the 2nd half to win the game 5-4! Unbelievable Jeff!!

View attachment 69416

Magyar Kupa 2nd Round: Again, a chance was given to the fringe players as we took on part timers, Tokol. They did a professional job yet again as we flew through with a 4-0 win. Young striker Winkler was the star of the show with a good hat trick.

Player of the Month

Filip Rezac
Striker

Appearances: 2 + 1 Sub
Shots/Shots on Target: 9/5
Average Rating: 8.70

It's taken a couple of months for Filip to properly acquaint himself with this league, but he finally hit his best form this month and turned in 3 outstanding games. Not only did he contribute to 6 goals in only 3 games, but he also scored more than 8.5 in every game!

Other News

Progression in the cup again sees us enter the draw for the 3rd round.

View attachment 69415

Looking Ahead; November

Not too hectic a schedule ahead of us next month with just 4 league games in 4 weeks. We will play 2 teams that have beaten us already this season and 2 teams we have already beaten....so hopefully we can pick up some important points next month.

View attachment 69414

November 2019

November 2019

View attachment 69327

November was another good month for us (taking into account we are expected to battle against relegation). We kicked off with a couple of draws against two sides above us in the table, before an outstanding 6-0 victory over Puskas Akademia, who'd already beaten us comfortably this season. We finished with a defeat, but 5 points is a good return from this month's games. It keeps us a good 8 points clear of the relegation places at the half way stage of the season.

View attachment 69325

The Games

View attachment 69324

A decent game which was very close throughout. It looked like we might steal all 3 points when we took the lead in the 81st minute, only to be pegged back 5 minutes later for the draw.

View attachment 69322

Back to back 1-1 draws. A good result away from home though in a match where we probably wasn't at our overall best.

View attachment 69321

What a result this was! We were brilliant from start to finish. We looked so much better than them throughout the entire 90 minutes and scored some cracking goals. Our build up play was second to none in this one and the 6-0 scoreline didn't flatter us at all.

View attachment 69320

Our opponents ensured that we didn't get through the month unbeaten. It was a tough game and they took their chances well to be fair. We struggled at the back with all of the defence scoring low for their performances.

Player of the Month

Roland Bohner
Right Winger

Assists: 2
Dribbles: 5
Average Rating: 8.08

Brilliant stuff from Bohner this month!

Other News

A couple of personal accolades for me this month as I complete my Continental C License badge and manage my 100th game.

View attachment 69319

View attachment 69318

I'm making my name in Hungary....so much so that I was offered the national job!! I rejected (despite the huge £13,500 per week wages on offer) as I don't feel now is the right time for me to be going into international management.

View attachment 69317

On the flip side, there are some jobs popping up in the English leagues which take my interest and put in a cheeky application for the manager's job at Doncaster Rovers and am invited to attend an interview.

View attachment 69316

Looking Ahead; December

Only 3 games coming up next month before the Winter break kicks in. We start with our 3rd round tie in the cup, before a couple of league games. I also anxiously await the response from Doncaster Rovers from my interview this month.

View attachment 69315

December 2019

December 2019

View attachment 69271

We end the year in the perfect way with three straight victories! We kicked off the month with a win in the cup which will see us through to the 4th round. It was touch and go for a bit in that one, but the lads fought back brilliantly to get the win. We followed that up with two excellent league wins and a massive 6 points, which moves us up to 8th and now 11 points clear of those relegation spots. It's also worth noting that we're now only 5 points off the European qualification spots!

View attachment 69270

The Games

View attachment 69268

Magyar Kupa 3rd Round: We made harder work of this than I'd have liked, but still managed the win in the end. It took a very late goal to see us through to round 4, but I was pleased we didn't have to muck about with an unnecessary replay.

View attachment 69266

A fantastic result against the side that was 2nd in the league at kick off. We can be partly grateful that their strikers didn't turn up for this one as it could have been a very different result if they did (with 27 shots on goal).

View attachment 69265

We completed the month with another victory, again against a side that had beaten us pretty comfortably earlier in the season. It was all pretty even for the first 25 minutes, but we increased our dominance following their sending off and bagged two second half goals to take all 3 points.

Player of the Month

Michal Mydlarz
Central Midfielder

Key Passes: 5
Average Rating: 8.20

The young loanee turned in two very good performances in the league this month. He really is making my box to box midfielder role his own now!

Other News

There was some action on the job front as Doncaster Rovers opted to go in another direction. They felt that they couldn't offer me the increased wage budget I had asked for. I was also interviewed for jobs in England with Coventry City and Southend United. Again, I was not offered the roles for either job as they couldn't stretch the wage budget. All 3 of these clubs are currently massively overspending on their wage budget and I wasn't prepared to take on the roles and be under immediate pressure to offload players in order to balance the books. I'm not desperate to leave my current post and will only move for the right opportunity, with a club with their finances in tact.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69258

View attachment 69257

The board have agreed to send me on another coaching course, so my study has begun to earn my Continental B License.

View attachment 69256

And we were entered in the draw for the 4th round of the Magyar Kupa.

View attachment 69255

Looking Ahead; January/February

I've grouped January and February together as we now have the 2 month Winter break. I've scheduled a couple of friendlies before the competitive action kicks off again in order to regain match sharpness. February will see us play the first leg of our cup game and our first league game of 2020.

View attachment 69254

Good first season in the top league so far for you, just staying in the league should be season as a good year, KIU

Good first season in the top league so far for you, just staying in the league should be season as a good year, KIU

Cheers mate. Yea if we stay up we'll have done well! We were massive favourites for the drop at the start of the season! But I think my time here could be limited....Getting itchy feet and want a move to a more respectable club to build my reputation. Think I might have taken this lot as far as I can and with a tiny stadium of 3000 capacity and a value of less than half a million, I'm not sure I'm going to make a name for myself across Europe! But the club has given me a **** of a lot, they'll always be the team I won my first trophy with, and the board have really developed me with the coaching badges.....but I feel its on to bigger and better things in the near future. Only time will tell.

January/February 2020

January/February 2020

View attachment 69225

As we return from the Winter break, we played a couple of friendlies to get back in the swing of it. It set us up nicely for a home win in the 1st leg of the cup and puts us in a strong position to qualify for the quarter finals. We did end the month with defeat in the league though, but we're still well clear of the relegation spots for now.

View attachment 69224

The Games

View attachment 69223

Magyar Kupa 4th Round 1st Leg: We took on the side that were currently bottom of our league, so I felt confident going into this one that we could get off to a decent start in the 1st leg here. And my confidence was not misplaced as we record a good solid 3-1 victory to set us up nicely for the 2nd leg next month.

View attachment 69222

Videoton were the pre season favourites to win our league and after a slow start they are quickly rising up the league. It was therefore no surprise that they came to our place and got a result. They played really well and just had that extra bit of quality on the day!

Player of the Month

Pal Tarczy
Goalkeeper

Clean Sheets: 0
Saves: 6
Average Rating: 7.20

A couple of decent games for the goalkeeper.

Looking Ahead; March

Four games coming up next month, including the 2nd leg of the cup game. Again, if we can pick up 1 win in the league I'll be happy and should keep us away from the relegation spots.

View attachment 69220

March 2020

March 2020

View attachment 69200

A really poor result in the cup as Mezokovesdi turn around the first leg score and knock us out. We bounced straight back in the league though with an important win against struggling Balmazujvaros, but then suffered two really damaging defeats to two teams below us in the league. That's hurt us as we are now only 6 points above those relegation places. Every point is going to count between now and the end of the season.

View attachment 69199

The Games

View attachment 69194

Magyar Kupa 4th Round 2nd Leg: We were nothing short of dreadful! Taking a 3-1 lead into this game from the 1st leg, we should have been almost over the line. But the lads just didn't look interested today and threw it away. ****** off is an understatement. This is not acceptable!

View attachment 69193

A massive 3 points against the side struggling down in 10th place. The winning goal came late on but it was no less than we deserved as we'd been the better side throughout, despite giving up more possession to our opponents.

View attachment 69189

Not good enough in this one! The whole team didn't perform, in all areas of the pitch we were poor!

View attachment 69192

A shocker of a result to end the month on! Earlier in the season when we played this lot, they went 4-1 up and we came back to win that game 5-4! Today we allowed them to go 4-1 up again and there was no such comeback! We created plenty of chances but squandered so many good ones and it cost us. I'm not even going to talk about our defending today!!

Player of the Month

Roland Bohner
Right Winger

Key Passes: 11

In a month when everyone else around him played pretty awful, Bohner managed to maintain a good standard in his own game.

Other News

Another job came up in England that I fancied. However, Peterborough opted against offering me the position as I refused to sign a high number of Irish players.

View attachment 69191

Looking Ahead; April

It's getting toward the business end of the season now and every game matters as we have edged closer to the relegation zone over the past couple of months. Another 8-9 points from our remaining games should see us safe, so we could really do with picking up 4 points from next month's 4 games.

View attachment 69190

Last edited:
April 2020

April 2020

View attachment 69104

An awful month for us as we really struggled in every game, and failed to find a win anywhere! The poor form sees us drop to 9th and dangerously close to the relegation zone, with only 3 points separating us from the team in 11th.

View attachment 69103

The Games

For some reason, my screenshot of the Debreceni game won't load. Debreceni were just below us prior to this game, but with the win here they have leapfrogged us in the table. It was very much an end to end game and the result could of gone either way. But at this stage of the season when you are both battling relegation, home advantage can make a huge difference and they had that on their side today and made it count

View attachment 1144214View attachment 69102

Two sides with total opposite goals now. Vasas were fighting it out to win the title, whilst we are fighting to stay in the division. As the form book would suggest, the result went in their favour as they recorded a comfortable 3-0 victory over my players who are starting to look a bit lost and downhearted (I feel a team meeting coming up). Vasas did actually move into 1st position following this result.

View attachment 69101

This was a huge, huge game against the side bottom of the table. With both of us desperately needing to win in the fight against the dreaded relegation, it was neither team who actually came out on top as the game faded out into a 1-1 draw which does neither of us any real favours.

View attachment 69100

Last time we'd played Puskas Akademia, we'd given them a 6-0 thrashing. But since then, they'd gone from strength to strength and now with only a handful of games left, they're in contention to win the league! It didn't take long for them to get their heads in front here...all of 43 seconds in fact and we were off to the worst possible start! Unbelievably, their second goal came only 46 seconds into the 2nd half! Our confidence was shattered and although the lads did muster up a goal out of nowhere, Puskas went on to bang in a second penalty and it was all over from there.

Player of the Month

Filip Rezac
Striker

Appearances: 3 (+ 1 sub)
Goals: 2
Assists: 2
Key Passes: 14
Average Rating: 7.73

Filip was in fantastic form despite the team as a whole really struggling this month.

Other News

We lost one of our key players for up to 6 weeks. Exactly when we need our full strength team the most :mad:

View attachment 69099

Looking Ahead; May

Next month will see us play five of our final six games and by the end of it we'll probably know if we're staying up or not. We'll kick off with a really tough fixture to Ferencvarosi who are fighting it out to win the league. We end the month with what could be a relegation decider against Balmazujvaros Sport - what a game that could be with so much on the line! In between those two fixtures, we'll play sides who all look destined for mid table finishes.

View attachment 69097

Last edited: