It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Game 38

Liverpool v West Ham

View attachment 46745

This was a great result for us and we played very well. We led the game for most of the time and it was a shame that they did pinch one back at the end. After this we had to panic and watch other results and at the time Manchester United were level and so were Arsenal. Man United scored and ended up winning and we were praying for Arsenal to not score and Nottingham Forest to hold strong. Arsenal did not manage to break them down and we achieved the Champions League spot we deserved. Credit to the lads for a great performance at Anfield.

Final League Table

View attachment 46746

I am absolutely delighted to get fourth place in the league and qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season. It will bring in some much needed prize money and will be a great boost for the side. The season is not over, however. We still have the FA Cup final which is very winable for us and I expect us to take our first trophy under my management.

Congratulations Daniel, good luck for next year :)

Well done on getting to 4th :)

Now to qualify for the CL...

Yeah I was definitely thinking of Sandro but isnt he very similar to Rodwell. I think I may need a new centre back. Any ideas?

hey Dan, well done on getting 4th for ECL next season! having an amazing season with my Everton save :D

with regards to the above here are some recommendations:

Lukas Sinkiwiewicz - Leverkeusen (4.5 million)
Khalid Boularouz - Stuttgart (5.75 million)
Andrea Barzagli - Wolfsburg (7 million)
Per Mertesacker - Werder (14 million)
Holger Badstuder - Bayern (7 million, turns into a beast after 1st season with Bayern)
David Luiz - Benfica (6 million)
Martin Demichelis - Bayern (maybe too expensive but class)
Benedict Howedes - Schalke (8 million)
Serdar Tasci - Stuttgart (8 million)
Naldo - Werder (12 million)
Sebastian Kehl - Dortmund (DM though)
Simon Rolfes - Leverkeusen (Dm too, 13 million)
Bruno Alves - Porto (8 million)
Daniel Carrico - Sporting (turns pretty good, 5 million)
Roland Juhasz - Anderlecht (7 million, bit slow but good CB)
Moustapha Bayal - St Ettienne (cover for Cb and Dm, 9 million)
Sergey Ignasevich - CSKA (older 20 influence Captain material 7 million)
Diego Lugano - Fenerbahce (9 million) Machine!!
Felipe - Udinese (11 million)

View attachment 46922

View attachment 46923

View attachment 46924

View attachment 46925

View attachment 46926

View attachment 46927

View attachment 46928

View attachment 46929

View attachment 46930

View attachment 46931

let me know if you need some more suggestions Dan! Peace :p

Last edited:
Thanks dude, I will take a look at those.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

FA Cup Final

Manchester City v West Ham

Lineups

Key Match-ups

Tevez v Upson

carlos-tevez-vs-cheslea.jpg

V

Matthew-Upson-001.jpg

Toure v Soldado

Kolo_Toure_858517a.jpg

V

imgRoberto%20Soldado1.jpg

Who will come out the better?

Result

I am absolutely delighted to lift the 2011 FA Cup. This was a fabulous performance by us today and a brilliant hatrick from Alessandro gave us a trophy we have worked so hard towards this season. I was thinking we would be going into extra time and it would be anyones but Diamanti sealed his hatrick deep into injury time and gave us a fantastic trophy win. It just shows that money can not buy you trophies.

fa-cup-trophy.jpg

West Ham won their first FA Cup since 1980 today.

Last edited:
Well done Dan.
Just read this whole story and it's a very good read. Congratulations on winning the FA Cup and finishing 4th in the league. Hope your success continues.

Can I get a screenshot of the right back?
Ferenia? (sp)

Cheers mate :)

End of Season Update

West Ham have had an absolutely fantastic year this season. Firstly Daniel Oakes lead them to a Champions League place that they have not seen for many a year. He then followed it up with a magnificent F.A Cup win. The East End side beat Bradford, Wolves, Doncaster, Brighton, Bolton and then a great win against Manchester City in the final to achieve the unexpected.

View attachment 47232

0,,10381~4471069,00.jpg

Due to their success in the F.A Cup and their domestic campaign, this somewhat overshadowed their Carling Cup performance. West Ham reached the Semi Finals of the competition being eventually knocked out by eventual winners, Tottenham Hotspur.

It was an up and down campaign in the Premier League for Oakes' team. Oakes started off the campaign saying that he expected them to finish in the European places. The Hammers seemed to hold position in around 6th to 9th place for most of the season but a witty change in tactic by manager Daniel Oakes brought a different attacking style to West Ham and they managed to have a great run in and gained the last Champions League spot.

View attachment 47233

Key Players

Roberto Soldado

soldadohecho.jpg

Roberto continued this season as he finished last season. He had a brilliant season and finished with 22 goals from 38 appearances.

Jack Rodwell

Bilder%5CEverton%5Ceverton37.jpg

Jack had a great season in his first year at West Ham. He certainly was worth the money we paid for him and showed this as he achieved an average rating of 7.11 over 34 games.

Diego Buonanotte

diego-buonanotte-river-plate.jpg

Diego had another great season for us. He chipped in with an average rating of 7.51. He had 34 appearances and scored 14 goals and created 16 assists.

nice Dan, good season mate, keep it up, will be interesting to see who you bring in during the summer :D

Fantastic 4th spot and good job in winning a domestic cup, west ham must be fun to play with :$

They are mate, I am really enjoying the game. (H)

Well done Danny boy, keep it up, might catch you on MSN soon! :)

Absolutely great second season Dan, just read the end of season run in, and I am struggling to see how I will match you this season in my game!

Yeah mate I was a little lucky as I had a takeover and using monthly installments I was able to get my desired players. You will get there in the end ;) Transfers Update in around an hour. :D

great story, I also play with the hammers...

i'm in the 12/13 season, look my squad:

escalacao.jpg

I have on the bench Vaughan...

Sorry for lack of updates guys, just had my laptop speeded up again so update will come soon............................................................Very Soon ! ;)

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Oakes completes triple swoop

Otamendi22.jpg

Nicolas Otamendi has joined the Champions League side, West Ham for a fee that may cost the club £13 million depending on appearances.

kameni0912076.jpg

Carlos Kameni joins the London club for what seems a bargain to many at £5.25 million. The Cameroon keeper is very highly rated and this is seen to be his breakthrough into the big time.

mamadou_280x390_779236a.jpg

In what has been the biggest transfer of the window so far, Mamadou Sakho has joined the Hammers for £20 million. The defender is hailed to be one of the rising stars of the game and it may only be a matter of time before he achieves his potential.

C%20Cole.jpg

As three playersw joined West Ham, three players left Upton Park. The highest profile player being Carlton Cole. Cole left for Wolves for a fee of £5.5 million after failing to impress manager Daniel Oakes. Zavon Hines and Fred Sears were the others to leave for £2.4 million and £3 million respectively. With three strikers leaving the club, it is believed that Oakes is in the market for a striker to fill the gap left by Carlton Cole.

Oakes' Comments

I am very happy with my signings in this window so far. I was given over £30 million in return for stating that I could challenge for the title. With these players and maybe a couple more, I believe we can definitely make a title challenge this year.

get Michael Owen, Olexander Gladkiy (Shakthar) Neymar or Hulk Dan :D

Have only got 3 million. Hulk has no intention of joining, not sure about Owen, he might be a bit old :S Gladkyi could be good, not heard much about him but need someone for around £6 million, gonna use monthly installments but I dont want to push it :p