It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

I will tell you one thing. I got my man!

nice dan! who did you manage to sign? o_O

i manage to capture veloso! and one more which i not going to say yet =P

Oakes signs star striker

OscarCardozo_468x366.jpg

Today, Daniel Oakes has made his first big move in the transfer market, bringing in Paraguayan striker Oscar Cardozo to the club for around £10.5 million. This was the press conference when the manager, Oakes met his new signing.

Sky Sports: Hello everyone, this is the press conference at Upton Park with West Ham manager Daniel Oakes and new Hammers striker Oscar Cardozo.

FourFourTwo: Hi Daniel, How do you feel now that you have got your man?

Oakes: I am absolutely delighted to have Oscar at Upton Park. What we needed was a strike partner for star man Roberto Soldado that could also score goals and I believe that Oscar is the man to do that.

BBC Sport: Oscar, knowing how much you loved Benfica, how does it feel to move to England?

Cardozo: Errrrrr, you are right. I did love ze Benfica but it was time to leave. I have been there since 2007 and have loved it there but I am glad that I will have my chance to errrrr prove it in one of ze best leagues in ze vorld.

Sky Sports: What will happen to Carlton Cole now that Oscar has come to the club, because there was rumours of him leaving before the move.

Oakes: I will look to be letting Carlton leave the club. Whether it is on a temporary or permanent basis, I do not know as of yet. We have agreed between each other that he has not been on top form and have discussed that he may need a change.

Press Officer: Last question now please

The Sun: Oscar, how do you feel about jumping straigh into the West ham side?

Cardozo: I think it will be a errrrrrr challlenge. Daniel believes in me and I will do my best to repay his faith he has shown in me. I cannot wait till I get into a West ham top but I am currently injured so it will not be happening for around a week.

Press Officer: That concludes the press conference at Upton Park.

Last edited:
Brilliant signing mate

I bought him for Liverpool and he was fantastic(H)

Oakes completes spending

2189576023_small_2.jpg

n70999404080_1546908_8118163.jpg

Alphonse Areola and Lorenzo Cristig are the latest players to join Oakes' revolution.

West Ham manager Daniel Oakes has today completed his January spending on deadline day. Firstly he completed the signing of 16 year old goalkeeper Martin Mansgold from Wacker Innsbruck for £14K.

View attachment 45637

He then moved to sign big name striker Oscar Cardozo from Benfica for £10.5 million. After this he went on to sign another young keeper that is a little more known than the previous youngster, Alphonse Areola joined the side from rivals Chelsea for a fee around £275K. On deadline day, Oakes swooped to sign Lorenzo Crisetig on a six month loan deal for £1.1 million. Oakes had this to say ''I am delighted at the moves we have made in this window. We are playing great football at the moment and I believe that these youngsters can learn from our older stars. As for Oscar, he is a great coup for us. We have needed a great partner for Roberto for a long time and I believe we have our man in Oscar. I believe he will do great things here. Also, my deadline day gem, Lorenzo is a great talent and he should compete with Jack Rodwell for that holding midfield role for the next six months. I am also sad to see Valon Behrami move clubs. However he has wanted to go for a while and it was better to let him go for a decent amount of money than get nothing for him. Carlton Cole has also had a change from the Upton Park climate. I have sent him out to Nancy on loan and I hope he will come back next season ready to challenge the big boys. Overall I am very happy with my dealings''.

The full details of West Ham's transfers are shown below.

View attachment 45638

Awsome signings! Keep it up mate

Great signing in Cardozo but I'm more impressed by Criestzig :)

I had him on my Birmingham story and he always seems to pop up when needed ;)

Good signings all round to be honest :D

Thanks mate I will maybe look to sign him permanent in summer, depends if he impresses. Probably sell Crlton Cole in the summer and get a better back up. Who knows it could be Chucho!!!

It'll be tough to get both of them permenantly, both respective clubs really want alot of cash for them :S

Both of them? Who do you mean?

Chucho and Criestzig, they both are valued very highly.

January

FA Cup Third Round

West Ham v Bradford City

View attachment 45656

This was a good win which I had expected. I played a slightly weakened side, one that was good enough to beat Bradford comfortably. The youngsters played really well today and certainly impressed me.

Carling Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham

View attachment 45657

I am disappointed with this defeat. We needed to get a draw or a win here and push on to Upton Park for the second leg. This was not to be however, as they just had enough to see us off.

Nottingham Forest v West Ham

View attachment 45658

What a game this was! Absolutely brilliant for the neutrals. We played well today scoring no less than five goals. We need to work on our defence a bit though because conceding three against Forest is not up to scratch. A good win nevertheless.

Fulham v West Ham

View attachment 45659

This was another entertaining game with us involved. Both teams played really well today, throwing caution to the wind and playing great football. It was a fair and a good result in the end, picking up a point at the Cottage.

Hull City v West Ham

View attachment 45660

This was a good display by us to pull off a comfortable win over Hull. The Tigers are fighting bravely to stay in the top flight and we did them no favours as they fell at our mercy.

Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 45661

This was a very disappointing performance in a dour match. We could not find a goal from anywhere and have possibly thrown away our best chance of winning silverware this season.

FA Cup Fourth Round

West Ham v Wolverhampton Wanderers

View attachment 45662

After being sent packing out at the Semi Final stage of the Carling Cup by rivals, Spurs, I needed to encourage the side to get their ***** into gear and make sure they stayed in the FA Cup. We gained the in just about as we just came through a poor game at Upton.

West Ham v Middlesbrough

View attachment 45663

I rested a couple of players for this game as I believed it was a game we would win comfortably. We did so, and the fringe players did not disappoint me as we rolled to another win in the league.

West Ham v Wolverhampton Wanderers

View attachment 45664

For the last game in January, we had a repeat of the FA Cup clash against Wolves. We were much better in the rendition as we stormed to a 4-0 win. This win takes us to twelve games unbeaten in the league.

League Table

View attachment 45665

I am absolutely delighted and proud of our position in the league. We had a great month going unbeaten and although we are out of the Carling Cup, I am delighted. We are twelve games unbeaten and I did not think this was possible. We lie fifth in the league but are on the same points and have a game in hand of third place Man City so we have everything to play for, and a Champions League place is very possible.

Top Goalscorer

roberto_soldado-getafe.jpg

Roberto seems to own this award. He has scored six in nine this month. Not one of his best months as he only scored one in the league but it is still clear that the man knows how to find the net. Talking about goals, it was great to see Oscar Cardozo score his first for the club against Wolves.

Player of the Month

diego-buonanotte.jpg

Diego Buonanotte is January's player of the month. Diego has been fantastic form this month. His form figures over the last five games have been 7.66 which is clearly outstanding. The good thing with Diego is, he is still very young at just 22 and although he is playing great now, he will only get better. I will be here to see that development.

Oakes announces surprise transfers

pic.php

In a surprising, yet exciting announcement today, Daniel Oakes has shocked West Ham fans by announcing that five players will be joining The Hammers in the summer. This brigade of players is headed by Barcelona defender, Gabriel Milito, who has agreed to sign on a free transfer. Mahmadou Diarra will also join the club for free. Martin Galvan makes the move from Cruz Azul. This move has been in the pipeline for many months now but due to him being so young he will only be able to join the club in July. The other two players are Luis Guilherme and youngster Cristian Torres, from Villarreal and Boca Juniors respectively.

View attachment 45674

Torres joins West Ham in the summer and Oakes will hope the youngster is as good as his Spanish namesake.

If anyone would like any screenshots, please do not hesitate to ask.

Milito if avoiding injuries will be quality for a few years.

Well played getting Guilherme aswell (H)

Yeah he looks pretty good, after I got him I will have three young strikers and Robbie Green, have to sort something out :S

Doing well mate.
I had a read of this last week too.
Will follow and good luck with Canales he is getting good on my Stoke save now.
Shouldn't have wasted all those wages on Gourcuff...