It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Daniel Oakes - Away from the Dugout

UptonPark_468x312.jpg

I have now been away from Upton Park for six months, allowing Daniel Feliciano to take the reigns.

barbados.jpg

In September, three weeks after the deal to bring Feliciano in was finalised, I departed to Barbados for a month. I felt I deserved a holiday and this was the first time I had flown in on a plane, so was a little sceptical. Luckily the beatiful stewardess helped me feel right at home..... When I first landed in Barbados, I knew this was for me. Ling runs of beach, beatiful sunlght and fantastic blue waters excited me highly. One day while I was there, I could have sworn I saw ex Brazilian superstar Ronaldo getting a massage but I could have been wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Sun and was sad to leave. What happens in Barbados, stays in Barbados.

67-1.jpg

Three days after I returned from my holiday, I thought of returning to what I used to love as a kid, and travelled North to Stoke-on-Trent. I found the number and rang Port Vale Football Club and arranged a meeting with Bill Bratt. In this meeting, I said to Bratt that as a devoted Vale fan, I was interested into making investment into the club. At West Ham, over the five years I have been there, I have earned over £3 million. I announced to Bratt that I would like to invest £1 million into the football club and the only thing I wanted in return was to become a minority shareholder and be welcomed back to the club at any time with open arms. I was going to enjoy this. On 15th November, I attended my first Vale match since I was 20 years old, at home to Rochdale. The Vale sensed I was watching, and from the outset looked nervy. We went in at half time at 0-0 and I found I had to go down and say something. I walked down to the dugout and told the players, 'Lad's, you can do this, look at all the fans out there, they have come to see you. Let's go out and win it for them'. I left them, thinking that I may have had some success getting through. I walked back to my seat and within ten minutes, Louis Dodds had burst through on goal and opened the scoring. I must have looked like a mad man, screaming at the top of my voice. We looked nervy, ten minutes remaining.... Chris Martin hoofs a ball upfield, one bounce and Lewis Haldane had cleared the defenders, GGGGOOOOAAAAALLLLLL. 2-0! I could tell that I had given these young guys a lifeline. I hope that Bill will use the money wisely.

uptonpark.jpg

So, after months of watching the Valiant's trials and tribultions down in League Two. It was time to revisit where my management career began, and continues, West Ham United. It was the end of March 2016 and I was sitting at Upton Park watching their European clash with Manchester City. A great performance from the boys I helped develop secured an impressive 2-0 victory. I cannot wait to return I say. At this moment I retrace my thoughts to a newspaper article I read a few months ago.

So, I was to have a new stadium built after me. This means that this is the last season that we will be playing at the infamous Upton Park. After the game I walked down to the pitch and must have walked around on there for half an hour, reciting all the memories I have enjoyed here. It was very emotional as this great stage will never host another football game again after the season 2016/17. I will manage the side in their last ever season at Upton Park.

Last edited:
Great update Dan DMF has done a great job but when you get back West Ham will really buzz.

Sorry to burst your bubble Dan, but you've got 1 more season after this before your stadium is ready :p

Ah **** :S I edited it now :) What do you think of the update? I enjoyed writing it

Off Topic: Be sure to check out my new story with Nick Main :p

Sweet update Dan! I've been following this since the very beginning, and I really love it :)

I wish I could write as good as you one day..

Mate can you post screenshots from Canales,Verratti and Dzeko?

Great story, been following since beginning :)

attachment.php

April 2016

Newcastle 0-1 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Dzeko

A difficult sluggish game, in the end finished with West Ham picking up an important 3 points in the title race. Edin Dzeko smashed home a ferocious drive from 12 yards out proved enough to give the Hammers the win at St James' Park.

Daniel Feliciano said:
They did very well in stopping our game, but we managed to open their defense up once and it proved enough. Very proud of the boys for the character they showed tonight.
Chris Houghton said:
We tried very hard there. We shut them down, went in hard but we lost concentration once and it proved vital. But they're the champions for a reason, so I take pride in that performance.

View attachment 109016

Man City 1-1 West Ham
UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Oliveira

After a bore draw 90 minutes the game exploded into life during injury time. Gervinho smashed home during a scramble from a corner. Straight from the re-start though, a fine team move left Oliveira one on one, and allowed him to smash home in the top corner to kill off any chance of a comeback for the Manchester side.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We showed excellent character. We knew we had to 2 goal cushion going into this game so we didn't want to expend too much energy going into our league games and we fulfilled that goal. But when they scored, they had the momentum so I told them to attack, and it worked. Very happy, and we're in the semi-finals of Europes greatest competition.

Juande Ramos said:
This team didn't come here to play football. They came here to defend and it wasn't good. It was supposed to be an exciting game, but they made it boring and I'm not happy. We didn't lose tonight so I'm pleased, but they ruined the spectacle.

View attachment 109017

Crystal Palace 2-7 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Soldado x3, Hamsik x2, Verratti, Vogel

A magnificent performance from West Ham saw them clean house and smash 7 past their rivals Crystal Palace in one of the greatest away day performances in Premier League history. Roberto Soldado scored his first goals since January before Hamsik, Verratti and Vogel scored to make it 7 after Crystal Palace had managed to score 2 goals.

Daniel Feliciano said:
All I can say is magnificent. Truly magnificent from the lads. 3-0 up within 15 minutes shows we wanted to get this one over and done with and we did that. But we didn't stop and we were very clinical today. Excellent match.

Hugo Sanchez said:
I don't want to disclose what needs to be said in public. I'll do it in the dressing room, and the dressing room only.

View attachment 109018

West Ham 4-1 Portsmouth
FA Cup Semi Final
Fleck, Oliveira, Vogel, Sabajo

John Fleck marked his return to Upton Park after a loan deal with Hull with a fine goal just minutes in. Oliveira, Daniel Vogel and Rene Sabajo also bagged a goal each to cancel out Pompey's Stephen Warnock's goal which at the time made it 1-1. West Ham will now meet Manchester City in the FA Cup Final at Wembley in May.

Daniel Feliciano said:
Great performance very pleased with it, and we look forward to the final.

Avram Grant said:
We were poor, but congratulations to the players for getting this far, and congratulations to West Ham for getting to the final.

View attachment 109019

West Ham 3-0 Liverpool
Barclays Premier League
Dzeko, Kjaer, King

Another memorable performance from the champions saw them dismantle Liverpool at Upton Park and pick up a fantastic 3 points. Edin Dzeko, Simon Kjaer and Steve King picked up the goals which sent Liverpool home empty handed.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We managed to beat a great side fairly comfortably. Very happy with the performance and hopefully we can continue this great form for the rest of the season.

Rafa Benitez said:
The fact is, we weren't good enough. We have to perform better than that if we want to win championships and trophies.

View attachment 109020

Barcelona 0-1 West Ham
UEFA Champions League - Semi Final 1st Leg
Hamsik

Marek Hamsik scored the winning goal in a memorable victory for the English champions which gave them victory at the Nou Camp. A fine finish from just inside the penalty area meant that the Hammers got an away goal and a vital win.

Daniel Feliciano said:
It was a memorable win for the club and the fans and the players. Very excited for the second leg and hopefully we can get into the 2nd leg full of confidence and then get to the final.

Pep Guardiola said:
We were unlucky today, but the second leg is still wide open and we can score and can win games.

View attachment 109021

West Ham 2-1 Aston Villa
Barclays Premier League
Veloso, Vogel

Miguel Veloso scored his first goal of the season and Daniel Vogel scored a magnificent solo goal to send their side top of the Premier League at Upton Park. A great performance means that with 3 games left, West Ham take top spot and are level on points with Chelsea.

View attachment 109022

West Ham 2-0 Barcelona
UEFA Champions League - Semi Final 2nd Leg
King, Dodo

A great performance saw the Hammers head into the Champions League final for the first time since 2014. Steve King scored an excellent goal from 25 yards out, before Dodo bagged his first goal for the club with a vicious drive from the edge of the penalty area.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were very good tonight. We showed strength and finishing ability and we deserve to be in the final. Very happy with the result and performance. Bring on Hoffenheim in the final.

Pep Guardiola was unavailable for comment.

View attachment 109023

Blackburn 0-5 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Soldado x3, Hamsik, Kuipers

Roberto Soldado scored his first goals since his last hat-trick and Eric Kuipers bagged his first goal for the club in this romp at Ewood Park. A great performance from the Spaniard had all the point wrapped up before Hamsik and Kuipers bagged goals of their own to send the Hammers 3 points clear at the top of the table with 2 games to go.

Neither manager was available for comment due to a power cut.

View attachment 109024

West Ham sit top of the league table, with 2 games left (vs Tottenham and vs Manchester United!) and 3 points clear of rivals Chelsea. What an end of season it's set to be!

View attachment 109025

Well done dmf sorry i havent posted on this for some time just been busy great season you had though you done dan proud well done :)

Wow! Some great results there pal, especially v Barcelona. Hoffenheim in the final? You should beat them but you never know. You have done a great job and it looks like the league may be staying at Upton Park.

attachment.php

End of Season

premiership_trophy_body_300x200_200x300.jpg

West Ham 2-0 Tottenham
Barclays Premier League
Kjaer, Verratti

West Ham United wrapped up the Premier League title with a win over Spurs, but they left it late before they could start their celebrations. West Ham dominated the entire game, and despite coming close couldn't find a way through. That was until Simon Kjaer nodded home from a Marco Verratti corner on 82 minutes. Jermain Defoe came very close with a header before a fine breakaway ended with Marco Verratti slamming home in stoppage time to seal the 3 points and the title.

Daniel Feliciano said:
I'm so proud of the guys tonight. Spurs put up a great fight but Simon did so well to lose his marker and head home so it was great to see him get his goal. Marco did really well for the second goal and the team just looked very focused. We knew exactly what we had to do, and we did it very well. Excellent performance, and now we're champions for the 4th year running.

View attachment 109087

West Ham 3-1 Manchester United
Barclays Premier League
Canales, Oliveira, Francis

A weakened West Ham United team managed to come from behind against a very strong Manchester United team to end their season with an impressive 3 points. Wayne Rooney bagged his 200th league goal for Manchester United, before West Ham managed to begin playing their style of football. Sergio Canales scored a fine equaliser after a great run from Oliveira. The Brazilian Oliveira then bagged himself a goal after Canales' through ball played him in one on one for him to slot into the corner. Alex Francis started and finished the 3rd goal after a fine break away before he smashed home at the near post.

Daniel Feliciano said:
Once again we were very good overall. We scored goals, defended well and moved the ball about with real quality. An excellent way to end our season, and we must turn our attentions to Manchester City and the FA Cup final now.

View attachment 109088

View attachment 109091

200px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg.png
0-0
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

West Ham United win 5-3 on penalties

A boring FA Cup final ended in drama as West Ham United got their victory via penalties. In one of the most boring FA Cup finals in recent history, produced minimal moments of quality and chances, before the excitement picked up when penalties incurred. All West Ham's spot kick takers scored but Tore Reginiussen missed his spot kick and it proved vital. Steve King scored the pivotal penalty which won the FA Cup for the Hammers.

Daniel Feliciano said:
Once again, we showed great heart. It wasn't the most entertaining of games, and when the fans go quieter it's hard to keep focus. But we did that, and we've reaped the rewards. We're now looking forward to the Champions League Final against Hoffenheim at the Camp Nou and hopefully we can make it 4 trophies out of 4.

Juande Ramos was sacked immediately after this game, and was therefore unavailable for comment. Frank Rijkaard has since taken over as manager at Eastlands.

View attachment 109089

TSG_Hoffenheim.png
0-2
300px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg.png

A fantastic performance from West Ham saw them meet expectations and win the UEFA Champions League for the 2nd time in their history. Club legend Roberto Soldado smashed home a brace with a goal in either half to ensure the Hammers sent off temporary manager Daniel Feliciano with a famous quadruple. Hoffenheim never caused the London side any problems, and the Hammers duly obliged by getting the win, and allowing club captain Roberto Soldado to lift the trophy.

Daniel Feliciano said:
This is a great achievement for the club. Another European trophy puts us up with the elite to prove that the first time wasn't a fluke, and now hopefully we can build and win this trophy even more. It was the perfect way for the players to say goodbye to me, and it was a pleasure to work with them. I'd like to thank Daniel Oakes for letting me take charge for this year, and the board for providing me with the resources to achieve what I have achieved. Thank you very much to the fans for supporting me while replacing their idol, and I wish this club all the best in the future.

View attachment 109090

champions-league1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! You have regained my baby :'(

I will have to go some to compete next year else the board will want you back! Seriously, great job mate :) You have done me proud! Hopefully the opportunity may present itself again in the future for history to repeat itself ;)

Manager Oakes returns

View attachment 109126

Today, West Ham and Spain manager Daniel Oakes returned after a year of absence from the game. It is going to come at an ideal time for Spain as they will host the European Championships and hopefully defend them successfully on home soil.

Santiago-Bernabeu-jpeg.jpg

The European Championship Final is likely to be held at the Santiago Bernabeu

Daniel Oakes' first job upon return was to announce the 23 man squad that would attempt to take Spain to Euro glory again. This was the squad he chose.

View attachment 109127

There were quite a few surprises in there as Alberto Bueno was favoured to talismanic striker David Villa. The 33 year old was caught for interview and said he 'was not surprised as he knows that his best days are behind him'. The main surprises in the squad were Ander Garmendia and Gerard Romero, both of them without an international cap. They were expected to be turned down in favour of their more experienced counterparts.

View attachment 109128 View attachment 109129
Garmendia and Romero are expected as top prospects in world football. Will it be too early for them to shine?

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very pleased with the squad I have selected. Many will doubt my inclusion of the two younsters but these two are the future of the national team and will need valuable experience to progress. This can be gained here in our homeland.

Great update mate. Looking forward to you taking this story forward again. DMF did you very proud for sure.

European Championships 2016

Daniel Oakes' side were handed a tricky draw in the 2016 European Championship's when the draw was made months ago. A big bonus however, is that every game will be a home game and they are strong favourites to retain the trophy. Spain were drawn into a group with Russia, Denmark and Germany.

Russia 1-2 Spain

View attachment 109139 Bojan 65, 84

ful8290807_005_07_17335_sq_medium.jpg

Spain were involved in a tight game here in Sevilla and struggled over the line against a very competitive Russia side. It took a wonderful performance from super sub Bojan to hand Spain the victory. The pocket dynamite destroyed Russia with a fantastic second half brace.

Spain 4-0 Denmark

roberto-soldado_71065.jpg

It took an inspirational half time team talk from manager Daniel Oakes to snap Spain into action against Denmark. In a poor first half, Spain were perhaps the better team. However, after the substitution of Torres coming off for Soldado, worked out a treat. Soldado went on to grab a brilliant second half brace to coincide with goals from Bojan and Ander to give Spain a fantastic and impressive win.

Germany 1-2 Spain

images%5Cplayers%5Cfernando-torres%5Cfernando%20torres_01.jpg

Completing the story of Spain's strange group games, the Spaniard's substitutions did the work. Wanting to rest Soldado, Oakes started with Alberto Bueno and Bojan up front and none of the two seemed to impress. It took a late show and goals from both substitute strikers to gift Spain a win and 100% record in the group stages.

Group Table

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very happy to qualify through to the group stages with wins in all three games considering that we had a tricky group. However we have yet to hit top gear yet and I expect more ruthless performances from the boys as we push on through this competition.

Spain will play Croatia in the last sixteen.

European Championship 2016

Spain 2-1 Croatia

View attachment 109164 Bojan 56, 91

Bojan-Krkic-Spain.jpg

It was a very tight affair at the Mestalla tonight as Spain took on Croatia. The Croat's tooke the lead just after half time and Spain were looking very poor. However, when Bojan came on to the pitch to replace Alberto Bueno, the game turned on its head. Bojan equalised in the 56th minute but then Spain struggled to find a way through and the game spilled into extra time. As soon as the whistle blew to signal the start of extra time, that man again, Bojan ran up the pitch to notch his and Spain's second. Spain defended out the game and qualified for the Semi Finals.

View attachment 109165

Spain will play Serbia in the Semi Final.

2 great updates there mate :), glad to see Bojan on song :) Just keep informing when you have an update so I can follow this great story :D

European Championship Semi Final

Santiago Bernabeu

Spain 1-0 Serbia

32.jpg

Another fine strike from Bojan was the only thing seperating the two sides when Spain beat Serbia at the Bernabeu. It was an unnexpectadly poor semi final, which Bojan finally set alight with his 79th minute strike. Ander was very impressive for Spain as he came in to replace the injured Andres Iniesta. A sour point for Spain is that Sergio Ramos will miss out on the final due to a one match ban he received when picking up a yellow card.

European Championship Semi Final

Russia 0-1 Portugal

View attachment 109172 Fabio Coentrao 88

fabio-coentrao-portugal.jpg

A late strike from Fabio Coentrao sealed the win for Portugal in the second semi final. Portugal were perhaps the better side throughout but Russia looked strong at the back. Portugal finally found a way through very late on as Coentrao seled the winner.

Portugal v Spain

European Championship Final 2016

Last edited: