It's the Future that Matters - A Liverpool Story

Alex17

Reaction score
If you like a simple story that doesn't go in to too much detail then this is the one for you. Imagine that I have took over from Daglish once he was sacked. So basically..... imagine Liverpool never got Rodgers.

Liverpool-F.C.-foot-ball-club-logo.jpg

Liverpool Sign Up Calder on Long Term Deal

After a long drive from East London I have finally arrived at my new home, Liverpool. I have signed a five year deal with the club and I cant wait to get started. There is a lot of good prospects at Liverpool and want to gt the best out of the youth system rather than just through money around which Liverpool did under Kenny Daglish, before he got the boot. The chairman said he chose me because of the ambition I have for this club and thinks I am the man to make Liverpool the club it once was. I am obviously delighted I got the job but I am also in shock that I did get it to be honest, as I have only been a youth coach my whole life. Anyway, less talk more action. Here goes.

Aims

This season: To finish in top 4 and possibly have a fairly decent campaign in one of the cups we are in. Nothing major for this season, just want to get the players used to my system.

Future Season: I want to be winning titles, Trophies such as the Champions League, FA Cups etc. Also, develop a very succesful youth system.

Transfer Budget: £9.5m
Wage Budget: £1.8m

Squad

View attachment 272085

I have got myself a decent little squad here in my opinion, Its full of really good youth prospects such as Coates, Robinson, Henderson, Shelvey, Kelly, Carroll and possibly Spearing. All of these will be given first team football at some point throughout the season either if thats on loan or at Liverpool.

My main man, the captain is of course Gerrard he is the man behind Liverpool who carries them on the good and the bad days. With the vice captain being Carragher of course, who is a fan favourite.
Despite the strength in this squad there are some surpluses who I will be looking to sell such as Maxi, Kuyt and possibly others. I will have to see if there is any interest for them. Other players will be sent on loan and there will be additions to the squad.

Looking to strenghten the flanks and also the midfield is possible. Now the fun begins.

Last edited:
Pre Season

Dundee 0-2 Liverpool
Maxi
Carroll

Dag & Red 0-5 Liverpool
Suarez
Downing (3)
Maxi

Sheff Wed 1-3 Liverpool
Suarez
Downing
Carragher

Liverpool 4-1 Sporting Lisbon
Henderson (3)
Suarez

Barnsley 0-3 Liverpool
Downing
Suarez
Carroll

View attachment 272181

Player of the Month

Downing.jpg

Stewart Downing

Stewart has played an influential part of every single freindly and has either scored or set up at least 1 goal every single game which puts him on good form heading into a new Premier League season. Stewart scored a hat-trick aswell against Dagenhem which he ws thrilled about. Although, there was some stiff competition for this month.

Raheem Sterling has been excellent for me in the friendlies, setting up many goals. Also Jordan Henderson has been on fine form which could mean he has got himself in the starting line up for the first Premier League game against Spurs.

Transfer In's and Out's

Nicolas-Gaitan.jpg

Nicolas Gaitan - £14.25m

Willian was first choice but he choose Malaga so Gaitan was the next best option.

Outs

Dirk Kuyt - Roma - £500k

images

Fabio Aurelio - Swansea - £2.2m

Fabio%2BAurelio%2BProfile.jpg

Maxi - Lazio - £4.5m

maxirodriguez.jpg

View attachment 272180

August

- Suarez and Kelly both injured for a month before season starts
- Spearing isn't going anywhere, part of Liverpool's future
- Liverpool start season at home to Spurs

Squad

View attachment 272199

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liverpool 4-1 Tottenham
Carroll
Bellamy (3)

A great for us to the season, Bellamy come on at half time and completely changed the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
League Cup 2nd Round

Huddersfield 1-3 Liverpool
Carroll (2)
Downing

A solid victory, we have Newcastle away in the next round which will be a really tough fixture for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool 3-0 Norwich
Bellamy (2)
Sterling

Really happy with this result and delighted that Sterling got on the scoresheet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 272197View attachment 272198

Transfer Window Slams Shut!

Sergio-Busquets-2.jpg

- Man Utd sign Sergio Busquets for around £13m
- Man City spend big; buying Ganso, Danny and Dede for around £60m
- Arsenal spend £25m on summer targets

Player of the Month

Craig Bellamy

Bellamy has been fantastic this month, scoring 5 goals in just two premier league games. By watching the games I have noticed that he doesnt just score the goals he also sets up some aswell.
Suarez may be a bit concerned over his first team spot.

Last edited:
September

180px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

- Gaitan ruled out for up to 4 months with bad injury
- Carragher is also out for at least a month
- Carroll "delighted" with first team football
- Inter Milan show interest in Lucas, but will he go?
- Liverpool draw Fulham in 4th Round of League Cup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Brom 1-1 Liverpool
Downing

A dissapointing result for us here, expected to win it but a late equaliser form them stopped us. Still unbeaten on the plus side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swansea 0-3 Liverpool
Carroll (2)
Suarez

A fantastic result. Carroll played out of his skin for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool 2-0 Blackburn
Carroll (2)

Once again Carroll was the main man for my sidee. Gerrard has just come back into the team and is already bringing assists to the table.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup 3rd Round

Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool
Downing
Carroll (2)

I wasn't confident going into this game, but was really pleased with the lads performance, especially Andy's

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Bellamy

I am still pleased with this result, this was always going to be a really tough game and to mantain our unbeaten run is really pleasing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 272349View attachment 272350

I am very happy with my current league position, Man Utd are on to form at the moment but hoping to give them a scare.

Player of the Month

Andy Carroll

andy-carroll-liverpool-goal.jpg

He has been absolute class for me this month scoring several goals and causing opposition defenders trouble. He has won me at least two games this month single handedly. Hoping he can keep up the good form as he is taking Suarez' position at the moment as he is out on the right.

Decent month, shame about the West Brom result mate

I have just subscribed to this thread because it looks quite cool and would love to see what you do with Liverpool, I do also like how you've got the good out of Andy Carroll.

I have just subscribed to this thread because it looks quite cool and would love to see what you do with Liverpool, I do also like how you've got the good out of Andy Carroll.

Thats really good to hear mate. Yeah got a real ambition to succeed with Liverpool by concentrating on the youth rather than spending loads of money. Will only spend if I absolutely have to which I did with Gaitan, but he was my only signing.

And yeah I want to make Carroll a huge success for me and so far so good.

October

- Injury list increases! Lucas injured for 5 weeks along with Bellamy.
- Liverpool maintain unbeaten run!
- I win Manager of the Month
- Liverpool draw Burnley in Quarter Final of Carling Cup
- No stopping big Andy

View attachment 272466

- Two of the big boys overturned by Calder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool 4-1 Man City
Suarez (2)
Gerrard
Downing

Absolutely delighted with this result. Top class performance from the lads. Gerrard was the driving force for us today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wigan 0-2 Liverpool
Lucas
Suarez

I am always happy with a win away from home, no matter what the scoreline is. And we played the latics off of the park today.

Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool
Bellamy
Carroll

Another quality performance from the lads, October has been a good month for us so far.

League Cup 4th Round

Liverpool
4-1 Fulham
Carroll (3)
Adam

Carroll was a one man wrecking machine today causing Hangeland big problems. Hoping he can keep this form up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
Skrtel
Henderson

A tough game this one, we were the better team and did deserve to win. Good result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 272467View attachment 272468

Still in 2nd place but now giving Man Utd something to think about. I have confidence in the lads to keep this form up.

Player of the Month

suarez-belakang.jpg

He has been excellent for me on the right wing, scoring goals and providing beautiful crosses for the one and only Andy Carroll who is deadly in the air. A great talent for this football club.

Last edited:
November

- Liverpool draw Aston Villa in the semi final of Carling Cup
- Jack Robinson out for at least 3 months because of Carroll
- AC Milan now express interest in Lucas
- Toni Silva will join Blackpool
- Unbeaten streak comes to an end

Stoke 1-2 Liverpool
Carroll
Suarez

Always a tough game at the Britannia and I was delighted we came away with the win

Liverpool 4-0 QPR
Suarez (3)
Downing

A great result and we played a weaker team, so was delighted with this scoreline.

Aston Villa 3-2 Liverpool
Carroll
Downing
Agger (S/O)

A game we didnt deserve to lose but Agbonlahor was on top form and going down to 10 men lost us the game.

League Cup 1/4 Final

Liverpool
5-2 Burnley
Suarez (3)
Carroll
Sterling

Despite socring five I am still dissapointed about the fact that we let in two goals against them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 272557View attachment 272558

"Shelvey Could be the New Gerrard"

View attachment 272555

My good pal Bryan Robson who I worked under at West Brom said that he thiks Shelvey could be the new Gerrard if he carries on developing like he is and maintains his high standard of performances.
What do you think?

Player of the Month

Luis Suarez

suarez-belakang.jpg

For two months running now, Luis Suarez has been my best player. He continues to score a hatful of goals and is my bigest threat when attacking. Hoping he can carry this form on for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
good results mate :) nice win over ******!

what tactic you using? you need to invest a bit more in quality squad players though!

Romulo £8.25m is a must buy! Nico Gaitan is available usually for £3.4m in the 2nd season! :p but he is good

good results mate :) nice win over ******!

what tactic you using? you need to invest a bit more in quality squad players though!

Romulo £8.25m is a must buy! Nico Gaitan is available usually for £3.4m in the 2nd season! :p but he is good

Haha thanks mate.

I am using Mr.Hough's tactic, working well at the moment.

And yeah I know I just really needed him because Willian favoured Malaga over me. Just my luck that he got injured for nearly 4 months!

Thanks for the comment mate, hope you are following.