Jak's PC Problems guide/ Help Thread

if you have not bought the game you will receive no help here

Done that, when I went to view the goals (3d) of my last match played I recieved crash dump FM 2012 v 12.2.2.259383(2012.07.03.02).dmp, as I've said I've tried everything on OP, really don't know what to do, do I erase all the crash dumps I recieve ?
yes try that

yes try that

Another runtime error, looks like a corrupted save/file ?
I've cleaned laptop fan, downloaded updated driver, have IObit advanced system care5 for the laptop, core temps are 32c 31c, defraged the laptop, I've played the one save since the release date for fm12, have always used the 3d match engine with no problem, play with medium database with 10 leagues (just recently I added China but removed two lower leagues, I've scheduled for China to be removed since but have to wait until that league finishes, problems did seem to coincide with the addiction of Chinese league).
Game only crashes when on the game engine, I don't edit anything, is there anything else you would recommend, should I go through SI ?

Another runtime error, looks like a corrupted save/file ?
I've cleaned laptop fan, downloaded updated driver, have IObit advanced system care5 for the laptop, core temps are 32c 31c, defraged the laptop, I've played the one save since the release date for fm12, have always used the 3d match engine with no problem, play with medium database with 10 leagues (just recently I added China but removed two lower leagues, I've scheduled for China to be removed since but have to wait until that league finishes, problems did seem to coincide with the addiction of Chinese league).
Game only crashes when on the game engine, I don't edit anything, is there anything else you would recommend, should I go through SI ?
if you can play a different save or start a new save without any of these issues then it could mean that yes the save has corrupted and sending it to SI (instructions on how to in OP) should fix it

if you can play a different save or start a new save without any of these issues then it could mean that yes the save has corrupted and sending it to SI (instructions on how to in OP) should fix it

Have sent to SI, thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.

Hello,

i am unable to load my saved game because it crashed during a save earlier today.

I deleted the setting folder to solve xml problems andtried to restore previous version on game but there is none.

My computer is fine, no virus, all latest drivers. I assume i just need to send the game to SI following their
instructions at Sports Interactive Community.

However i have been trying to upload the .fm file through ftp client and i get a critical error 550. I can't find anywhere how to overcome the permission problem on the ftp problem itself...

I posted my problems in the SI forum but no reply yet. So i wonder if anyone in this thread or forum can help me sending my file to them. All i want is my game fixed!

PS: i have never used any editor, i was just unlucky to have a crash on a save!

Thank you!

Did u send the file through ftp client? i an usin g ftp mozzilla and i keep getting same error saying i have no permission (error 550) to upload file! is there any way around this?

Steam got infected by malware, done a system restore. now i cant find my fm12 and when i log into steam only 2009 is available! how can i retrieve my game? :)

I have just splashed out on a new laptop (Acer 5755G Acer Aspire 5755G Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com). Downloaded football manager and transferred my saved game from my old laptop (which I played games in 2D on). Everything was absolutely perfect until I got to a match (Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Liverpool Champions league quarter final. I'm Leverkusen) and there was a goal and it froze and I had to power off. I tried it again and it minimized then it would work again but after a while it froze like before. I have tried it in 2D mode and it works absolutely fine so I presume it has something to do with my graphics card. The problem is, I don't have a clue what to do or download. I have tried to use the start of this thread for help but all the various websites confuse me. I just wondered if somebody would please point me in the right direction? PS I've tried to use dxdiag to work out what driver I have but I don't know what bit to show you. It says I have Intel (HD) graphics if that helps. The sticker on my laptop says NVIDIA Geforce GT 540M up to 3765 MB turbo cache

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry for no replies from me, I've been on holiday

Steam got infected by malware, done a system restore. now i cant find my fm12 and when i log into steam only 2009 is available! how can i retrieve my game? :)
hmmm sure you've logged into the correct steam account? That sounds like the kind of thing to get in touch with steam about

I have just splashed out on a new laptop (Acer 5755G Acer Aspire 5755G Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com). Downloaded football manager and transferred my saved game from my old laptop (which I played games in 2D on). Everything was absolutely perfect until I got to a match (Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Liverpool Champions league quarter final. I'm Leverkusen) and there was a goal and it froze and I had to power off. I tried it again and it minimized then it would work again but after a while it froze like before. I have tried it in 2D mode and it works absolutely fine so I presume it has something to do with my graphics card. The problem is, I don't have a clue what to do or download. I have tried to use the start of this thread for help but all the various websites confuse me. I just wondered if somebody would please point me in the right direction? PS I've tried to use dxdiag to work out what driver I have but I don't know what bit to show you. It says I have Intel (HD) graphics if that helps. The sticker on my laptop says NVIDIA Geforce GT 540M up to 3765 MB turbo cache

Thanks.
go back to dxdiag and click your 'display' tab. Screenshot it and post back here :)

View attachment 268913

. The picture should be included in this post. I've been told on another forum that it may have something to do with my twin graphics cards but I don't really know how to fix it

i have a screen shot of the error encountered. basically i am playing an fm 2012 network game, in which my friend is the host. occasionally i will lose connection from the game, in which i join the game again. then after around 2 minutes this error appears and i have to close fm

View attachment 271656

Every time I try to open my save game it crashes, Help Please.

View attachment 268913

. The picture should be included in this post. I've been told on another forum that it may have something to do with my twin graphics cards but I don't really know how to fix it
try downloading a driver from here

i have a screen shot of the error encountered. basically i am playing an fm 2012 network game, in which my friend is the host. occasionally i will lose connection from the game, in which i join the game again. then after around 2 minutes this error appears and i have to close fm

View attachment 271656

does this error occur for you in single player? Could be a lack of bandwith causing the error
Every time I try to open my save game it crashes, Help Please.
is it only that save that doesn't open, all others ok? Did you interrupt it saving at any point? Game could be corrupted, you can send it to SI and they can try and fix it (usually successful). Check OP to see how

Last night, it worked fine, but now today I double click it, little loading circle comes up next to my mouse but then nothing happens? I have to go into task manager then to close it, I've tried verifying game cache but it still does not work, this is on steam

Last night, it worked fine, but now today I double click it, little loading circle comes up next to my mouse but then nothing happens? I have to go into task manager then to close it, I've tried verifying game cache but it still does not work, this is on steam
are you clicking an icon on your desktop or selecting FM 12 from your steam library?