January Transfer Window Thread

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins says he has received no enquires from Everton for star striker Lee Trundle.
Toffees boss David Moyes wants to sign a new striker in January and he was a keen observer at Swansea's League Two visit to Tranmere on Saturday.

But Jenkins told BBC Sport: "We've had no offers from Everton for Lee. If anything does happen, then everyone who needs to know will know about it."

Swansea rejected Sheffield Wednesday's £750,000 bid for Trundle in October.

But after scoring 17 league goals in 17 games this season, Trundle has become one of the most talked about players outside the Premiership.

The 29-year-old striker believes he is good enough to play in England's top flight and has said joining Everton would fulfil a childhood dream.

Last week, Moyes revealed that his priority is to strengthen his side's goalscoring options in the January transfer window.

His appearance at Prenton Park on Saturday fuelled rumours of a move for Trundle.

But Jenkins said: "The fact that we were playing in Tranmere and Everton were playing the following day, I thought it was natural that he [Moyes] would watch the game.

"We are top of our division, so he would come to watch probably one of the games of the day around the area.

"But we can't hide from the fact that there has been a lot of hype and publicity over the last few weeks about Lee Trundle.

"Long may it continue and long may it continue with him playing in our side. We foresee that happening and hopefully he'll keep scoring goals and keeping sure we at the top of the table at the end of the season.

"Lee supported Everton as a youngster and has always wanted to play for them. He's made that quite clear in the press and you can't knock somebody for wanting something he dreamt of as a kid.

"We've got to accept that situation but he's under contract to us. We're doing out best to hold on to him.

"We did the image rights deal with him and if we do go down the road of negotiating further with Lee over extending his contract, we'll do that as we see necessary.

"The main thing for him and us is to make sure he keeps playing and scoring goals.

"Whatever develops will develop. We can't really pre-judge whether Everton or anybody are going to come in and make offers for him."

I think ive mention this before but Lugano to Real Madrid the Uruguaian CB very good player.

Spurs to sign "New Stam"

AMSTERDAM, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a fee with AZ Alkmaar for Netherlands defender Ron Vlaar, the Dutch first division club said on its website on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old, who has played 11 times for Alkmaar and been capped twice, visited London on Wednesday to negotiate personal terms with the English Premier League club.

If Vlaar decides to join the club managed by Dutchman Martin Jol he would move when the transfer window opens in January.

Alkmaar, who reached the Dutch Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday with a 2-0 win over NEC Nijmegen, wanted 3.5 million euros ($4.16 million) but will receive a fee nearer 2.5 million.

Redders will be heart broken

Pearson to stay at Celtic

Sutton Moves to Brum on a free

4-1

Mendieta, Hasselbaink,Yakubu, Mendieta.

Anyway i guess it was the fact that a big team want him, or hes had enough of al the fans getting on his back.

Redders said:
4-1

Mendieta, Hasselbaink,Yakubu, Mendieta.

Second in the league...relegation dogfigthers. I'd take second ahead of a rare win like that anyway :D

Surprised, hes not gonna go to a big team

Evra will have a medical at Utd on Monday; Gonclaves of Thun is trailing with Everton

Cassano moved to Real for 3.8m the other day

Relegation dogfighters, half way through season ya talking out of your bollocks.

Atleast most if not all of Boros fans could be classes as true fans. Majority of Man U supporters are just glory hunters - though they don't get much glory nowadays.

Anyway, so this isn't classed as "spam" some transfers:
Kris Boyd to Rangers - done
Thompson, Fan-Fan, Nieto and some other all leaving Rangers.
Rangers are after some Scandinavian striker but I forgot his name. and also some defender, but I forgot his name to :)

Also, I'd like to see Lee Trundle go to a premiership side, as he should be capped for England! Trundle for WC 06 Squad :D

Thierry Henry has drawn a line under speculation about his future by declaring he has no intention of leaving Arsenal, amid talk that he had already spoken to Barcelona.

Both Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and the Catalan giants have since denied these claims, but it is the words of Henry which will have the most resonance in the issue.

With just 18 months of his current deal left there had been widespread reports that this season could prove to the Frenchman's last in North London.

However, the brilliant forward has always stated his love for both the club and life in the capital and is now eager to permanently put any talk of his departure to bed.

"The truth is I love this club and I have made up my mind to stay," Henry told The Sun newspaper.

"I can say to all my fans and the people who care about me, I want to lead the team out in the new stadium (next season).

''I'll talk to (manager) Arsene Wenger, to (vice-chairman) David Dein and the board and talk of the future.

"My mind is to stay and we have to sort this out. There was a lot of ridiculous speculation. But the truth is this, I never spoke with or met with a single person from any other club at any time.

"This will put an end to all the stories. We can move on."

Good for Premiership, not for defences.

We bought Vidic haven't we new number 15, anyone seen him play, is he any good? With a bit of luck Evra will be coming on Monday and I think we need to get another midfielder and we will be sorted to chase down Chelsea ;) :rolleyes:

daniel agger - brondby to liverpool
glen johnson - chelsea to west ham
lee hendrie - villa to pompey
dean ashton - norwich to man city

Lloyd said:
We bought Vidic haven't we new number 15, anyone seen him play, is he any good? With a bit of luck Evra will be coming on Monday and I think we need to get another midfielder and we will be sorted to chase down Chelsea ;) :rolleyes:

He was one of the crucial defenders in Serbia & Montenegro's World Cup qualifying run, only conceeding 1 goal in 10 games.

One of his ex-coaches has been saying he is a lot like Rio Ferdinand when it comes to defending and he has elements of John Terry. But he also said he isn't very good with the ball at his feet.

Yes...

since when was Rio ****? cos he ahd a bad run of 10ish games?

In my eyes he has never been brilliant and the likes of Ledley king, Sol Campbell are better.

I agree with Redders Ferdinand is really overated.

Birmingham have had a 3.5m plus 2 players for andy johnson bid rejected. The chairmain has said he is not for sale :(

i reckon sutton is a better buy than johnson he's really overrated