January Transfer Window Thread

Great potential. Young. English striker. You got Rooney they get Walcott.

Young English talent doesn't come cheap nowadays. Hence why everyone shops abroad.

I knew someone would mention Rooney. Fair enogh about Walcot being young and English, fair enough, but has he even played in the premiership??? Even England under-21s? Rooney had scored for England and had one an a half full seasons in the premiership

Rooney was slightly older wasnt he? a year? its a long time in football. :D

I watched that Theo guy playing against Wolves a while ago and he was nothing special. He'll just rot in the Arsenal reserves

I think Wenger was pressured by the media to start playing more english players so that will be why he paid so much for walcott.

I think they should of waited for a year or two to buy him, or send him back out on loan because i can't see Arsenal playing him that much at that age.

If they waited they would of lost out to another club. I've seen him play a few times now and he is very talented and the best english player in his age group, you gotta remember he is a kid Douy and he wont be special in every game he plays, he has great potential and training everyday with the likes of Henry, Pires, Campbell, Reyes etc and under a good coach will only give him more chance to fullfill it.

Because Fowler is great and he has a lot of passion for the club.

But he won't do much :) Does this mean Cisse will leave now?

If only it was the other Sissoko. ;)

Magpies swoop for Sissoko

31/01/06

Notts County boss Gudjon Thordarson has swooped to sign the Mali-born French midfielder Noe Sissoko until the end of May.

The 22-year-old was a free agent after previously playing for French Second Division side Creteil.

Sissoko had an unsuccessful one-week trial with Swansea City earlier this season before returning to France.

The deal is subject to international clearance and clearance from the Football League.

Shock move of the day for me so far has to be D'Alessandro to Pompey.

Lloyd said:
Shock move of the day for me so far has to be D'Alessandro to Pompey.

Not for me, cos I read it yesterday :D

So did I, but didn't think he would actually go..

What a rise through the ranks this is :

Birmingham City have signed Brentford striker DJ Campbell for £500,000.

Campbell, who has played just 28 professional games, has joined on a three-and-a-half year deal with his fee potentially rising to £1m.

A year ago he was at Conference north/south team Yeading now hes playing in the EPL!

Well done Bretford as well, great profit!

Just to the 'Wenger pressured to play more English talent' post, and considering his defensive problems, Im really surprised Arsenal didnt bid for Joleon Lescott. I dont want him to leave but hes the best English central defender outside the Prem

I think Birmingham have made a mistake buying DJ Campbell, hes not exactly proven himself has he. He scored two goals against Sunderland thats it really. Look at John Stead, did well for Huddersfield good half season for Blackburn, then went down the drain. I fear Campbell will go the same way.

Wengers only interested in Joey Barton because he needs more english players aswell I reckon.

Lloyd hes proven, hes plyaed 28 games ffs :D

I have seen the guy play once and that was against Newcaslte over a year ago :) . We signed 11 players :eek: Half of them will rot on the bench half the time but it's always good to have depth.

28 games in League one is nothing. Whats he going to do in Prem, he might do better than Stead because he has pace but thats really his only asset.