January Transfer Window Thread

Redders said:
4-1
Mendieta, Hasselbaink,Yakubu, Mendieta.
haahhhaaha

Leeroy said:
Thank you Gregor, it's nice talking to people who don't wear Boro Goggles

Lee i think ur wearing antiboro goggles cos of all (well 2) boro fans here. atm taylor isnt better than riggott, rigs is actaully the top defender at boro. Taylor will be better prolly, but for now its riggott all teh way.

rigott wont get into the england squad cos theyre too busy bumming john terry and anyone whose plays for man U, liverpool **** or chelski, its nice to see that spurs are getting some recognition for their good players, but it sucks *** that everyone else is getting ignored.

and as for transfer speculation, I heard woodgate to boro a week ago.

abou diaby - auxerre to chelsea/arsenal
julio arca - sunderland to portsmouth
wayne bridge - chelsea to portsmouth
christian vieri - milan to spurs

Ugo is off to WBA.

and i seen this on 606 boards:

I dont expect anyone to believe a word i say because i am just passing on some inside information. My next door neighbour is a certain boro players father in law. He has it on good authority from inside the club that there is massive disruption at this present time. Apparantly the main reason is the form of Rochenback. His form has left a lot of the senior members disillusioned as to why he is still getting his game, so much so that a lot of the players protested. The manager then responded by telling the players that he is the boss and if they didnt like it they could go.

Rochenback then mysteriously became injured when the truth is he was packed away home on holiday for 3 weeks to try and let things calm down on Teesside. I think you will find rochenback laid on a beach somewhere in Lisbon, if not now then certainly in the last few weeks. He is not injured in the slightest.

Schwartzer, soughgate, hasselbaink, parlour and quedroue are all at the front of the queue when having a go at the manager. Apparantly quedroue was 95% certain to join another club in the transfer window but his injury has cast doubts over the move (not sure which club though).

Great news

Haha that would be funny if they left :p Boro would be ****.

Stevie Thompson is rumoured for a move to Cardiff for about £250,000

Lloyd said:
Haha that would be funny if they left :p Boro would be ****.

Hmmm

Schwarzer leaving anyway

Parlour & Hasselbaink dont get there game hardly.

Southgate broken foot so wont be paying

Queudrue out for months so wont be playing.

:rolleyes:

"Quote:
By Sean
a lot like Rio Ferdinand when it comes to defending

Is that meant to be a good thing ? "

I concur

Sean said:
He was one of the crucial defenders in Serbia & Montenegro's World Cup qualifying run, only conceeding 1 goal in 10 games.

One of his ex-coaches has been saying he is a lot like Rio Ferdinand when it comes to defending and he has elements of John Terry. But he also said he isn't very good with the ball at his feet.

thats what they all say about some obscure defender from eastern europe >_>. what about igor bilic ?...(was that his name) he played for everton and was pretty much tripe.

Mark Wilson has completed his move from Dundee United to Celtic, signing a four-and-a-half year deal.

The 21-year-old, who can play at full-back or in midfield, moves for a fee thought to be about £500,000.

Decent signing, prob the best RB in Scotland

not the boro one then, think hes about 27 now anyway

Gregor said:
Mark Wilson has completed his move from Dundee United to Celtic, signing a four-and-a-half year deal.

The 21-year-old, who can play at full-back or in midfield, moves for a fee thought to be about £500,000.

Decent signing, prob the best RB in Scotland

Biast **** he is average at best Neilson is better and so is Rickson and Whittaker so there :p

West Ham boss Alan Pardew is reportedly thinking over moves for Ajax's Nigel De Jong and Tottenham's Stephen Kelly as he looks to strengthen his defence.

Pardew has been forced into a hurried search for a full-back after agreeing to allow homesick Czech Republic international Tomas Repka to return to his homeland with Sparta Prague.

One media report claimed the Hammers have already tabled a bid for Kelly, but that the two clubs are more than a £1million apart on their valuation of the 22-year-old.

Meanwhile, Pardew was in Holland on Sunday to watch De Jong in action in Ajax's 1-1 draw against NEC Nijmegen.

The full-back, who has been outstanding in Ajax's Champions League campaign and is out of contract in the summer, could be up for grabs for less than £1million and would provide a good alternative if the Kelly deal falls through.

http://www.carling.com/football/23462.html

and

Matt Taylor's agent has claimed Fulham have tabled a bid for the Portsmouth defender.

Cottagers boss Chris Coleman is known to be desperate to bring in a left-back and has already begun moves to sign England international Wayne Bridge on loan from Chelsea.

However, it now appears that Coleman also has a contingency plan in the shape of a permanent deal for Taylor.

The 24-year-old's agent, Willie McKay, told Sky Sports: "An offer has been put into Portsmouth for Matty Taylor from Fulham.

"We are now waiting to see the outcome of the offer and it is up to both clubs before anything else can happen."

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp is under no pressure to sell following the arrival of major investor Alexandre Gaydamak at Fratton Park, but it is believed Taylor is one of the players he is prepared to let move on.

http://www.carling.com/football/23464.html

ill give you whittake but ricksen is a ***** RB and Neilson is awful, yove said so yourself.

Anyway Hearts will def win the leagure now, theyve signed Neil Mccan :| Does this mean that Marseille are gunna sell Skacel in the Jan window?

Du Weis back to chinkland & ..

Celtic have given Hungary winger Peter Halmosi the chance to win a deal with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

'tic are after Kenny Miller, i've lost all my love and respect for the man......

Notts County boss Gudjon Thordarson has been in talks with Nottingham Forest in an attempt to sign Eugene Dadi.

Apparently my Forest supporting colleague says he runs like Jason Lee, he has a pineapple on his head like Jason Lee, and as far as they are concerned he plays like Jason Lee, thats all we need at Meadow Lane. ;)

Gregor said:
ill give you whittake but ricksen is a ***** RB and Neilson is awful, yove said so yourself.

Anyway Hearts will def win the leagure now, theyve signed Neil Mccan :| Does this mean that Marseille are gunna sell Skacel in the Jan window?

Du Weis back to chinkland & ..

Celtic have given Hungary winger Peter Halmosi the chance to win a deal with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

McCann is a legend.

Neilson is getting better and was linked with Newcastle a month ago *still laughing at that*

As for Dadi...haha he was an spl reject one of the worst players i have ever seen.

Mutherhubbard

We've signed 'King' Kenny

Arsenal have bought Theo Walcott now haven't they. 5m rising to 12.5m. Hes not gone back to Southampton either has he?

I think 12.5m for an unproven (at this level) 16 year old is ridiculous. Surely Arsenal could have gone out and bought a more experienced European striker for less,or midfielder where they need someone