An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

Reached the 15th of September and was about to play my first Champions League group match when I realised that I had not read the new UEFA player registration rules and left De Gea, Jones and Eriksen out of my squad :/

PHP:
are they each on one training specific area each? (Coach X - shot stopping) & (Coach Y - handling)

yes i have them set to do one each then have a third coach do both to keep the workload down

Hey! I starte a game with UTD, but use my own 4231 tactic that I threw together. It's going great! Beat Chelsea 6-0 and have won every game in so far in PL(only 6 or 7 games in). I lost to Lyon away after trying to utilise a 4-1-2-2-1. It was so annoying as I dominated the game but thay scored one of their three shots. I bought Srna and Eriksen in summer, but Cleverley has kept Eriksen out of the squad completely, bar the CC games and easy home CL games. Ill upload some SS when Im back on computer

Also what shouts should I use for both tactics as I have missed that and I cant find them from both of your tactics threads?
And what match preparation should I use after pre-season?

they are on the OP's of all the tactics :p

match prep pre-season (also on OP) but high teamwork then average defensive positiong during the season :)

Reached the 15th of September and was about to play my first Champions League group match when I realised that I had not read the new UEFA player registration rules and left De Gea, Jones and Eriksen out of my squad :/

that does suck balls mate! you can (make sure) register them in Jan/Feb! 3 best young players in your squad! make sure you check everything when it comes to registration and dont just auto select :) dont be lazy!

Hey! I starte a game with UTD, but use my own 4231 tactic that I threw together. It's going great! Beat Chelsea 6-0 and have won every game in so far in PL(only 6 or 7 games in). I lost to Lyon away after trying to utilise a 4-1-2-2-1. It was so annoying as I dominated the game but thay scored one of their three shots. I bought Srna and Eriksen in summer, but Cleverley has kept Eriksen out of the squad completely, bar the CC games and easy home CL games. Ill upload some SS when Im back on computer
nice mate :) well done! glad your tactic is working brilliantly! I look forward to the SS and updates :)

I have just finished my season winning every competition I played in. I finished the league on 105 points, 8 points ahead of Spurs who were 2nd (I may have to have a game with them at some point). I won 33, drew 4 and lost 1; I scored 108 and conceded 16 and I beat Bolton in the FA Cup final with my 2nd string. I beat Barcelona in the CL final 3-0 with Hernandez grabbing 2 and Young getting the 3rd (they didn't get anyone sent off either ;)).

well done jonny ;) that is brilliant! what tactic are you using?

that does suck balls mate! you can (make sure) register them in Jan/Feb! 3 best young players in your squad! make sure you check everything when it comes to registration and dont just auto select :) dont be lazy!

I am weak so I decided to start a new save with them :) Just finished playing my 4th friendly game.

I am using Might & Magic which is looking really good. I absolutely love the way the team plays when I move the STCL to AM and make him an Advanced Playmaker - Attack, it is brilliant! I am actually thinking of making the change permanent and using Rooney/Berbatov as the AM. What do you think?

Also, I have not made any transfers yet, not sure who to buy really. I am trying to get Marseille to swap Cesar Azpilicueta
for Mame Biram Diouf like you have.

I am weak so I decided to start a new save with them :) Just finished playing my 4th friendly game.

I am using Might & Magic which is looking really good. I absolutely love the way the team plays when I move the STCL to AM and make him an Advanced Playmaker - Attack, it is brilliant! I am actually thinking of making the change permanent and using Rooney/Berbatov as the AM. What do you think?

Also, I have not made any transfers yet, not sure who to buy really. I am trying to get Marseille to swap Cesar Azpilicueta
for Mame Biram Diouf like you have.

cheers mate, it does play some good footie :) that would be a great idea, more for Berbie though and change the role to Treq :) Rooney could be (and I am busy doing this) retrained to a Cm if you like! I have used him a few times in the centre and he gets mid 7 averages :)

I even played him as right back last night as my rb got injured (pre-season vs full Santos team) and he got 97 passess out of 101 coming on in the 26th minute :) using the Short and Sweet tactic!

But I would leave him as Striker though! you can retrain him to Aml and have him out wide, Craig Curtis another member has done this and he has already scored 25 goals :)

Maybe I will do that, thanks. I tried Welbeck at AML for one match and he scored twice and made one so he looks good there as well. United really have way too many strikers!

Thanks for the advice :)

Yeah ive found Welbeck to be useful on left...As when i played in CC i had a front 4 of Welbeck(Aml) Valencia(Amr) Berba(Dlf) and Owen(poacher) and i won the CC:)

Im gonna retrain Rooney as Aml for when im using the 'short n sweet' tactic at home so i can use Chicharito aswell then...

And i think im gonna try that Raikan mate playing Rooney in the Cm role in a few friendlys and see how he does for me when i finaly get my new pc to work as it had to go back as the graphics card was crashing so waiting for another pc again:'( all ive bin able to do since last Tuesday(when my Pc blow up) is read through posts an threads on this site lol and now im starting to pull my hair out that i cant play Fm12 as this old pc im using at the mo is not fast enough to run FM:'(..

On a brighter note think im gonna do a save with Spurs in future as every post i seem to read is that Spurs have been there or there abouts at end of season:)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried retraining Park to RB?

Decided to give it a try and started the season with him and Rafael as my RB's.

I am just halfway through the season but he has been good. He had some very good games but was found in trouble on some occasions to notably against Hazard in 2 UEFA CL group games.

Has anyone ever tried retraining Park to RB?

Decided to give it a try and started the season with him and Rafael as my RB's.

I am just halfway through the season but he has been good. He had some very good games but was found in trouble on some occasions to notably against Hazard in 2 UEFA CL group games.

Interesting, I have never tried it though. Park did have a very good first season for me scoring in the double digits even though he wasn't a regular. The most adventurous I have been on any FM is retraining Diaby to RM on FM 08.

A piece of advice, play Cleverley as often as you can in CM because he plays very well and even made my best 11 for the first season which is pretty **** good considering I had signed M'Vila and Hamsik.

I do want to give Cleverly more games but I have already bought Hamsik and Hamsik-Fletcher is doing wonders for me.
But whenever Cleverly steps in he does well too

hey guys, nice to find u here! I just started a game with my friends, and we are playing united(me), chelsea and arsenal. I do have some questions regarding the game so, here they are. I sold park and berbatov and brought neymar, feillaini ganso and a DR named vrsajko or somthing, can`t remember his name. I am currently playing a 4 4 2 with the wingers up front, not flat, with : de gea, Evra..ferdinand..vidic..rafael..young..ganso..feillaini..nani..rooney..neymar, but i`m not too convinced of my game, although i am the first in the league. I use evra and rafael - full back attack , the CD-s one stopper one cover, nani and young wingers with attack, and ganso advanced playmaker and feillaini CM defend or ball winning. Rooney as a complete forward attack, but am willing to try DLF support/attack, and my biggest problem - neymar - tryed as a trequartista up front but not scoring too much. Also, playing direct with fast tempo, wider. Can u give me some advice regarding how to play nani, young (cut inside, hug the touchline?), rooney, neymar, and the two CM? Thanks in advance, cheers ! hope u will read this.

hey guys, nice to find u here! I just started a game with my friends, and we are playing united(me), chelsea and arsenal. I do have some questions regarding the game so, here they are. I sold park and berbatov and brought neymar, feillaini ganso and a DR named vrsajko or somthing, can`t remember his name. I am currently playing a 4 4 2 with the wingers up front, not flat, with : de gea, Evra..ferdinand..vidic..rafael..young..ganso..feillaini..nani..rooney..neymar, but i`m not too convinced of my game, although i am the first in the league. I use evra and rafael - full back attack , the CD-s one stopper one cover, nani and young wingers with attack, and ganso advanced playmaker and feillaini CM defend or ball winning. Rooney as a complete forward attack, but am willing to try DLF support/attack, and my biggest problem - neymar - tryed as a trequartista up front but not scoring too much. Also, playing direct with fast tempo, wider. Can u give me some advice regarding how to play nani, young (cut inside, hug the touchline?), rooney, neymar, and the two CM? Thanks in advance, cheers ! hope u will read this.

Try playing Hernandez as a poacher up front, he is a beast there and would score for fun.

Try downloading Raikans Might n Magic tactic it is a 4-4-2 formation like you are playing and it as worked really good for me and the poacher role is scoring well..... ive posted screen shots of how i was doing (before my pc blowup) earlyer in this thread so take a look and i hope this helps..

Oh yes if you do try that tactic try Neymar in the poacher role...

that is impressive Shiraz, 9 CCC's and a great shots on goal ratio too! great win! what tactic are you using?