Jason Fuendes - The self-proclaimed future of football

Reaction score
Hello all, this is not an original idea of mine and this player story has been fully inspired by Lippo255, which if you haven't you should definitely take a look at http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...r-stories/292799-c-j-lippo-life-football.html it will be well worth the read.

Much like all, I have started with 70 CA (Current Ability) and I have a -8 PA (Potential ability) which is a randomly generated figure in game which can give you anything between 140-160 PA (I believe, don't fully believe that, just a wild guess)

I also have set myself a 20 for managerial preference and have left the rest at one, when I do retire and be a manager I may go forward a few years still and then may take over and turn it into a manager story but I may leave it to play out it self. I have tried to do mine slightly different to other people that have started their own player story as I don't want it to be the same as others.

Player Profile

(It should've been Barcelona "B" but when I loaded game I was straight in U19s)
View attachment 279476View attachment 279473My name is Jason Fuendes, I am the self-proclaimed future of football and I am ready for one of the biggest rollercoaster rides of my life as I begin my journey as a footballer.

Let me tell you a bit of my life, I'm an English born male and I grew up in my hometown Leeds for the first three years of my life. For the other thirteen years I have been living in my father's native country Spain. I moved to Barcelona, Spain when I was a boy and have very little memory of my time in England, in fact I struggle to speak the English language fluently. My mother is English born and is a massive Leeds United fan and I have followed her footsteps and I too hope to return to England one day to be a spectator of Leeds United, on the other hand my Father he is a die hard Barcelona fan and has been since he was a boy, I have made him very proud to have signed up for the Barcelona "B" team and I hope one day I can play for Barcelona in front of a 98,000 crowd including my father.

I signed for Barcelona "B" on the 1st July this year and I have signed a contract that will run to the 30th June 2016, I have two years to impress the management team so they can give me a new extended contract. I have been part of the Barcelona academy since I was 9 years old and have been telling myself since I was young, if I have the determination and the belief to succeed, with my ability I have the potential to be one of the best in the world. So from there on, I have been the self-proclaimed future of football.

Last edited:
Interesting twist trying to make it with the big boys! Cant wait to see how you do.

Ding ding ding, my first mistake. I forgot the game actually begins in 2014 and accidentally gave myself a two year contract, was meant to give myself a one year deal, ah well sorry.

Interesting twist trying to make it with the big boys! Cant wait to see how you do.

Thanks for the support :) with the other private one I did, I started low down in England. Now I have started with well arguably the biggest team in the world, and this can go either one of two ways: I grow really well and eventually become a leading midfielder in a side or I fail to get game time and struggle to grow to what I could've been.

In the end I just look forward to see how I do and also intrigued to see how my managerial career will turn out.

View attachment 279465
Season One

U19 Assist Maestro

My first year at Barcelona, can be considered quite successful. I don't feel I have improved rapidly but I have improved my game mildly in some areas, I am also an inch taller (yay)

View attachment 279464
Althoug I haven't improved massively, I can not be disappointed. I have just completed my first year at the club and although at the moment I feel I haven't performed consistently I have contributed to the team and believe I have been a good playmaker for the U19s so far.

View attachment 279462
I have also caught the eyes of the first team and have been offered a new contract by manager Luis Enrique, I hope I can continue to impress him.

View attachment 279460
In other club related news, Barcelona first team had a triumphant season and completed the double, winning Liga BBVA and winning the Copa del Rey. We missed out on the Champions League after we got knocked out in the semi finals to Italian giants Juventus.

View attachment 279459

Nice first year & a shiny new contract! Gotta be happy with that!

Nice first year & a shiny new contract! Gotta be happy with that!

Happy indeed, never expecting to breakthrough at this age and to earn a new contract with a year remaining is a nice positive. Hopefully in this second year I can maybe break into the B squad and get some game time, hoping to improve some more important stats over the next year.

10 assists in 25 games is good to see as well

Nice start mate! would be great if you can break in the first team, I reckon your break through might just coincide with the retirement of the Xavi/Iniesta partnership.

Nice layout mate and good start. Look forward to more.

Thanks! I was worried that the pictures may have been a little too big but that's good to hear!

Nice start mate! would be great if you can break in the first team, I reckon your break through might just coincide with the retirement of the Xavi/Iniesta partnership.

Thanks man! I hope so, would be great to get in the first team whilst I'm still in my teens.

Looking good mate. Good luck with it

Thank you :)

Mini spoiler alert

Righteo yesterday I got to February first and then got to March before I stopped

It turns out in March I got moved to Barcelona "B" which is good, however that has wiped all my stats

I have a rough idea on how it went but may not be fully accurate

Apps 22-25

Goals 0 (I don't score goals by the looks of things)

Assists - 15

Pass completion - was in the low end of 70%

Not sure on much else. I put this as when I do my update I will have very little to feedback on as there will be nothing to report

View attachment 279381
Season Two

Moving Up

Another year has gone and again I am pleased with my progress, I feel I have slightly improved my game and feel a bit more comfortable passing the ball and definitely feel better physically. I feel faster and stronger, hopefully I can break into the B team and become a regular in the side, with this I may just have a major breakthrough season and rapidly improve.

View attachment 279380

I spent a lot of my time in the U19s again for the first half of the year and again I felt I provided a lot to the team, I got assists in most matches I played and felt I had the game in my hands whenever I was on the ball, I have made few sub appearances for the B team and hopefully they will recognise my talents next season and play me more.

View attachment 279379
In other news, Barcelona had a very poor season. It was truly disappointing and my father couldn't of been more upset on how things went, the title went to Madrid whilst something from Madrid went to Barcelona... it's fair to say a lot of Barcelona fans are not happy and neither is my father considering his past.

View attachment 279377
Also it was hugely disappointing in the Champions League as we didn't even make it past the group stages. We didn't get much further in the Europa League, we got knocked out in the quarter finals.

View attachment 279376
I hope I can impress the new man in charge, although the fans are not happy. I need to be professional and need to crack on to try and break through into the first team in the coming seasons.
View attachment 279375

Zidane in charge at Barca? It sounds so wrong!!

View attachment 279367
Season 3

Sideways Progression

Let me tell you a little something, I have always been confident in my ability and have loved every second of football that I have been involved in. I have always believed I could be one of the best in the world and that's why I claimed I was the self-proclaimed future, now though I feel I am slowing down in my progression, I am moving sideways and not upwards. I feel I need to leave Barcelona and have told the new manager Carlo Ancelotti that I may need to leave to get first team football, it is saddening that I think this but I need to play football to reach my best.

Now this season the positive is that I have broken into the Barcelona "B" team and made a total of 20 games this year. The negative is that I feel I have played really poor, I assisted just once this season and have not contributed to the team how I would've liked too. I have however scored my first senior goal in Liga Adelante which is a moment I will always remember, I need to progress more. I have improved in small area's of my game but I am still dreaming of that breakthrough season where I will improve dramatically and really catch the eye of new boss Carlo Ancelotti or any other team.
View attachment 279366

If it is to make me feel better, the club must still have some faith in me as I have earned a new contract that will run till 2020.

View attachment 279364

I am really disappointed in myself this season and the stats prove that I could of and should of done much better, this is my first season in competitive football and hopefully I can be more productive in the next.
View attachment 279363

View attachment 279362

And again there's been another manager change as Zinedine Zidane lasted exactly a year before he was sacked by the club, new man again a former Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti and the fans again are outraged how the club is currently being run.
View attachment 279361

Finally let's have another look at yet another disappointing season for the club, we finished third which shouldn't be considered disappointing but for a club the size of Barcelona they should be looking to win the league every year and the lowest they should finish should be a minimum of second. We did get to the final of the Copa del Rey this time but got knocked out by Real Madrid. We did get past the group stages of the Champions League and reached the Quarter Final's before being knocked out again by Spanish rivals Real Madrid.
View attachment 279357

I'm going to continue this, no where near thinking of stopping but is other people interested in this as my player has offered very little excitement

I'm interested in this, and even more interested in Barcelona's policy of hiring former Real Madrid legends/managers!! Crazy!

I'm interested in all of these stories :)

I'm not looking for attention obviously but I feel that it is going slowly atm due to... well my player doing basically nothing. No way I'm stopping this though as I want to see it out to the end :)