Jason Fuendes - The self-proclaimed future of football

Something interesting and potentially devastating to the story coming up (fingers crossed it's not)

Season 4

Part one

It's March 2018, as I was getting ready to go to training and continuing to try and achieve my dream... I got a call off the gaffer calling me immediately to go to his office. It wasn't good news, in fact it was horrible. I have never felt rejection like this before, my father couldn't even speak to me when I got home and my mother was more supporting of me but it didn't help.

When I went into Carlo's office, he didn't ramble on he got straight to the point. He said to me, I haven't progressed quick enough to be worthy to be able to play for Barcelona football club, he told me he was terminating my contract. I was gutted, it felt like my gut had been ripped out but for some odd reason I had a slight sense of relief, I'm a free man now and I can do what I want. Do I want to continue in football? Probably, it's a risk but to be able to play the sport I love in front of thousands of people is what most boys wish for. I'm Twenty in two months time, I'm no longer the young 16 year old where the sky is the limit. I have to work harder now, much harder I need to make the most of my ability.

I have trials at six different clubs, we will see what the future holds.

View attachment 279321View attachment 279320

Unlucky at Barcelona mate but good luck at PSV, I would do one but dont have the time for that lol

View attachment 279279

Season 5

Life out on loan

I enjoyed my time out here, I joined PSV and then immediately joined Ligue 2 side Creteil in France. I had a great time although I did struggle with the language! Now this has been my best season yet, I have never felt so productive before in my life. I broke two club records whilst I was there I eventually got in eight team of the weeks and I broke the record for most assists which was eight at the time. I'm beginning to realise I may not be the next big thing or the next star but I am still young and believe I can be a good player for who ever I play for. I still feel I need a season where I really kick on, it is good at the moment I am gradually improving but I am not yet ready for PSV

View attachment 279273

In total I made 21 assists last season and that is very impressive, I am proud I have been able to produce the goods for this side and hopefully I have set this club up well for the future. I am hoping I can score more goals in the future to help the team even more but if I continue to contribute one way or another I will be happy.
View attachment 279271

I also had a major season for personal accomplishments and will no doubt be something that I will remember for the rest of my life.
View attachment 279267View attachment 279266View attachment 279265

Whilst I had a good personal season, unfortunately Creteil will still be a Ligue 2 club next season as we only managed to finish 5th.
View attachment 279263

Whilst my parent club in Holland also finished 5th in the Eredivisie.
View attachment 279262

Seeing stuff like this makes me want to get stuck into my game and see where I end up! Great story!!

Seeing stuff like this makes me want to get stuck into my game and see where I end up! Great story!!

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I've just finished my 6th season and won't give anything away, but for this season I am at the age where I won't be growing as rapidly and I need to hit serious form in the 6th season onwards and tbf in my younger years I have never really grown quickly

View attachment 279215
Season 6

Short lived

When I look back at this diary type thing when my career ends, I will not be sure what to think... not in the slightest. Hopefully I can have more success in the future whether as a player or manager, at the moment I am very hurt, I am again unwanted by my club and have been placed on the transfer list for a mere 145k, I do hope in the future I have some sort of success, I really want to have a good career to tell my kids when I am older.
View attachment 279214View attachment 279213

I can say though apart from a season at Barcelona "B" in the few seasons I have played when I have played consistently whether in the U19s or a competitive team I have been a good asset for who ever I play for, I need stability at my new club if I find one and hopefully at whatever level I play at, I can just play regular football.
View attachment 279208View attachment 279207

Another 5th place finish for my club, not like it matters or that I care.

Ps I'm not bitter.
View attachment 279206

Chin up mate, plenty of legendary managers had less then successful playing careers. Thats what im telling myself anyway!

Chin up mate, plenty of legendary managers had less then successful playing careers. Thats what im telling myself anyway!

That's what I'm hoping for!

I also clinging onto the idea of blossoming late into a great player.

Atm I'm only 22, I could still become good, just not great although I feel that I haven't had a bad playing career, 21 assists in a season ain't bad.

Nothing like a bit of hardship to forge the will to succeed! I'm sure you'll be a success at Emmen and hopefully the extra exposure to 1st team football in a decent league like the Eredivisie will help with your progression.

It's not much of an achievement as this is a fast paced game

but 7 seasons in 22 hours is quite the achievement and considerably less in game time on FM

It's not much of an achievement as this is a fast paced game

but 7 seasons in 22 hours is quite the achievement and considerably less in game time on FM

That is ridiculous! I didn't realise you only started it yesterday. I've been checking back so often it felt like its been going a lot longer!!